Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

How much Horsepower? Dyno next week.

Hey guys,
    I have a 98 Z28 with a new LS6, factory LS1 intake, factory headers, Borla cat back exhaust, A4 tranny with 2200 stall, and factory tune. I'm taking her to the dyno next week, any guesses of what numbers I might be looking at? My buddy has a Mustang GT with a few mods making 320 at the wheels and just wondering if I should talk sh*t now or wait and see the numbers first. Thanks for the feedback.

Dennis

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

you'll smoke that rustang dude. the fact that its a ford is grounds for talking as much trash as you want. my 99 Z28 is practically stock right now and i still take on traffic light runs even when i know i cant win. you should be making more power than your buddy so it comes down to how well a driver your buddy is.

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by robcas47 View Post
    you'll smoke that rustang dude. the fact that its a ford is grounds for talking as much trash as you want. my 99 Z28 is practically stock right now and i still take on traffic light runs even when i know i cant win. you should be making more power than your buddy so it comes down to how well a driver your buddy is.
    i guess it doesnt matter how much that "rustang" weighs?youre smart.........there are variables to consider before running your mouth. dltyson, since hes your buddy, talk crap
    Last edited by TrickStang37; 11-30-2007 at 09:32 PM.

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

well when it comes to chevy vs. ford, I'll stand my ground with the bowtie bros. i don't mind running my mouth no matter what the variables. so the ford could be possibly gutted with plastic windows, 5 gal tank, and no pass seat. that's necessary for most to keep up with an LS1 powered F-Body.

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

haha good joke. ignorance is bliss.

12.718 @ 117.47

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

You guys are funny. Since the track is closed for the year all I'll have to go by is the dyno numbers for bragging rights. Anyone know what kind of rwhp I might get from this set-up?

Blazen Orange Metallic
    2006 GTO

Considering you haven't really done anything to the car, I'm guessing between 305-310 at the wheels.

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

I was hoping to get a little more than that since the LS6 is rated at 405 at the crank but 310 is probably realistic with the factory tune, exhaust manifold, and intake. I'm going to try and free up some more ponies in the spring.

Blazen Orange Metallic
    2006 GTO

Ohhh, I thought you meant it was a ls1 with a ls6 intake. You can basically subtract about 15% for M6 and 20% for A4 from the crank hp to figure appx what you make to the wheels.

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

hey did you buy it with the LS6 already in it with mods? or did you just go to town on the thing? either way you're starting off good. Kamauxx is dead on with the 20%. and what you've got done so far, you shouldn't be under 400rwhp. what year engine is this because there's like a 20hp difference if it's an 01 or 02 model. but either way dude, you shouldn't be under 400rwhp. i'll guess 415.

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

I bought the car about three months ago with a spun rod bearing on the stock LS1. Ordered a brand new GM LS6 from crateenginedepot.com. It is a replacement motor for the '03 '04 Cadilac CTS-V. I had to reuse my old intake and exhaust so it's hard to figure what power I have. I'll post the numbers after the dyno. Then next summer I'll post the numbers with headers and a FAST intake with 90mm throttle body. Thanks to all for the feedback.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

340 to the rears.

Trans Am owner
    former

Quote Originally Posted by 02blkws6 View Post
    340 to the rears.
    not even..... i'll say 322 rear wheel horsepower

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

We'll only know if he gets it dyno'd. My car was less than impressive before and after cam swap. Hell, with full bolt on minus a ud pully I only put down 285 rwhp..... Ran 12.6 n/a Put down 380 on a 125 shot and ran an 11.45

Who know what it will do now... 353 n/a qnd 469 sprayin. I'm just hoping for a magic 10 sec pass. I still have to put the LS6 intake which should let if breath better.

Quote Originally Posted by nitrorustler41 View Post
    not even..... i'll say 322 rear wheel horsepower

Trans Am owner
    former

what the hell? full boltons, and only 285 at the wheels? guys with nothing but a catback are puttin down 295-300 whp!!

there mey be somthing wrong with somthing in your car. thats pretty bad

Thread Information