Thread: A/F and Bad #'s

Black
    1999 Z28 Camaro

A/F and Bad #'s

A while back I got my car on the dyno and it showed 280whp and 303wtq. I thought it was ok at the time. Later I put on an SLP lid,FRA,K&N,JBA shorty headers(emissions), Random tech high flow cats,2.5"custom Y, and a Hooker cat back. Got it re-dynoed and got 287whp and 317wtq>>>>> what the hell??? I am an A4 at 4982ft with stock trans and gears, I havent tought it was a low numbers until I started reading others close or at my elevation getting at or above 300 hp and tq. Could these numbers be a cause of the A/F ratio?? Please help

lee1rbc
    Did the guy that dynoed Your car do some tuning, or was it just a pull and have a nice day?

Black
    1999 Z28 Camaro

it was just a pull, I dont want the shop to tune it because its mainly an import shop, later on I will have it tuned with my H/C swap

CartekLS1
    It's the shorty headers. They don't make anything for power (it's kind of a tell-tale sign when you pull the manifolds and they look nearly identical to the shorties). A 2000 LS1 had edelbrock shorties put on at an LS1 shop I go to all the time and he actually lost a couple rwhp on the first couple dyno pulls.

Black
    1999 Z28 Camaro

I gained 1hp and 17tq I thought It was my A/F ratio because...well I dont know why, porbably denial, but Im going to Hooker long tubes soon

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Without knowing what your AF ratio is you can't tell if you are running too rich or not. If you are then a good tune will benefit you greatly, until you find out though you won't know.

Black
    1999 Z28 Camaro

The weens at the shop never gave me a print out or talked to be about my A/F ratio, I think I saw a 14.1 on the screen when my car was at idle, I was unsure as to what a stock A/F should be

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by SKULLZ
    The weens at the shop never gave me a print out or talked to be about my A/F ratio, I think I saw a 14.1 on the screen when my car was at idle, I was unsure as to what a stock A/F should be

13.1 is optimal, at 14.0-14.0 you have some power to gain with a good tune

Black
    1999 Z28 Camaro

makes sense thanks!!

Thread Information