Results 1 to 16 of 16

Correct way to tune!

This is a discussion on Correct way to tune! within the Dyno Information forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Had Nick Williams dyno tune my 02' Camaro B4C: 315rwhp & 325+rwtq! I was so excited I forgot dyno sheet ...

  1. #1
    Member TedsB4Csled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    475

    white
    2002 B4C

    Correct way to tune!

    Had Nick Williams dyno tune my 02' Camaro B4C: 315rwhp & 325+rwtq! I was so excited I forgot dyno sheet there, duh! Ma told me the car is too fast I have to bring it back and have it de-tuned . The shift points at WOT are insane! Check out my youtube vids. Thanks WPI crew! Beware of Otis! He guards that shop, looks like Cujo on steroids!

    www.youtube.com/user/ashevillestreetrods

  2. #2
    Make real real sure Johns00Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,404

    Black
    2000 Z-28

    Is that stock or do you have some mods??

  3. #3
    Member TedsB4Csled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    475

    white
    2002 B4C

    SLp air box, SLP MAF & bellows, flowmaster exhaust, cheap headers, stock y-pipe, gutted cats....actual dyno was 314.9rwhp and 332rwtq, smooth curve. Not bad! It rips 2nd with 373s and hits 3rd really hard....AWESOME!

  4. #4
    Make real real sure Johns00Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,404

    Black
    2000 Z-28

    Pretty good numbers for not many mods, congratulations!

  5. #5
    Member stanger88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    298

    Black on black.
    2001 WS6 M6 (stock)

    Getting rid of the flowmasters and going with something like a TSP rumbler will give you 15-20 whp more.

  6. #6
    Member TedsB4Csled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    475

    white
    2002 B4C

    Your kidding? Can you show me dyno proof and link to TSP exhaust? Would be really appreciated. Thanks!

    Would cut-outs do the same? I like the rumble, but I was thinking of electric cut out?
    Last edited by TedsB4Csled; 05-11-2008 at 09:18 PM. Reason: added more to comments ...

  7. #7
    Member stanger88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    298

    Black on black.
    2001 WS6 M6 (stock)

    Quote Originally Posted by TedsB4Csled View Post
    Your kidding? Can you show me dyno proof and link to TSP exhaust? Would be really appreciated. Thanks!

    Would cut-outs do the same? I like the rumble, but I was thinking of electric cut out?
    I do not have dyno-proof, but Texas Speed posted up in a thread that they have seen their exhaust on a stock LS1 F-bod produce dyno gains of up to 15whp. It is a known fact that Slowmasters COST 10whp as opposed to the stock catback.

    Here is the link to the TSP rumbler.
    http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=195&catid=46

  8. #8
    Member TedsB4Csled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    475

    white
    2002 B4C

    That includes the y-pipe? HMmmmm.....me likey.

  9. #9
    Member 02nbmvert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Harrisburg Pennsylvania
    Posts
    118

    Navy blue Metallic
    2002 trans am

    unless I'm mistaken that price does not include a y pipe.. tsp has a true dual system for like 450'ish w/ an h or x pipe though... or you can find a pacesetter ory for like 130 i'm pretty sure

  10. #10
    Member TedsB4Csled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    475

    white
    2002 B4C

    Slowmaster is off! Saving for new exhaust mods, although straight pipe is workin'!

  11. #11
    Broke Ass fwellingtonfiii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Central New York
    Age
    29
    Posts
    100

    Sebring Silver
    2000 Z28

    wow... I'm seriously sick of hearing about flowmaster's being a worse catback than stock. Not trying to start another one of those threads, but theres plenty of them out there, and I can assure you, you're wrong.
    2000 Silver Z28 w/ Sports Appearance Package, P&P TB, FTRA, Direct Flow Lid, Pace Setter LT's, ORY, Flowmaster 80, TCI 3000 Stall, Trans Go Shift Kit, Computer Tune, Richmond 3.73's, Bilstein suspension, Edelbrock torque arm, UMI Suspension bars, drilled and slotted rotors.

  12. #12
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by fwellingtonfiii View Post
    wow... I'm seriously sick of hearing about flowmaster's being a worse catback than stock. Not trying to start another one of those threads, but theres plenty of them out there, and I can assure you, you're wrong.
    They flow about the same as stock.
    Known fact.


    Original poster...did they tune for that POS MAF?

  13. #13
    Broke Ass fwellingtonfiii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Central New York
    Age
    29
    Posts
    100

    Sebring Silver
    2000 Z28

    The fact that is, even if they flow just a little bit better than stock, tells you you're obviously not losing horsepower. I'm not saying they're the best for the money (shit mine was free), but to say you LOSE horsepower with them is ridiculous...
    that's the end of my thread hijack

  14. #14
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by fwellingtonfiii View Post
    The fact that is, even if they flow just a little bit better than stock, tells you you're obviously not losing horsepower. I'm not saying they're the best for the money (shit mine was free), but to say you LOSE horsepower with them is ridiculous...
    that's the end of my thread hijack
    Free would make it worth it.
    But paying for next to no gains??? No thanks. Never seen them drop power...but they certainly are on the low end of the catbacks for gains over stock.

  15. #15
    Member TedsB4Csled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    475

    white
    2002 B4C

    Quote Originally Posted by fwellingtonfiii View Post
    wow... I'm seriously sick of hearing about flowmaster's being a worse catback than stock. Not trying to start another one of those threads, but theres plenty of them out there, and I can assure you, you're wrong.
    My Flowmaster was actually a 'knockoff', but it still made a huge diff compared to stock. Stock is so restrictive. I agree, you're not actually loosing 10 hp, but you are not gaining as much as you could. I loved the sound and power I got from it. BUT - I just enjoy the extra hp MORE that I get without it!
    Last edited by TedsB4Csled; 05-21-2008 at 02:41 AM. Reason: spell

  16. #16
    Member TedsB4Csled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    475

    white
    2002 B4C

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    They flow about the same as stock.
    Known fact.


    Original poster...did they tune for that POS MAF?
    Tuned w/POS SLP MAF! Going to keep it on. As far as exhaust, I may keep it straight piped. I would rather spend the money on suspension.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. am i seeing correct?
    By jiveass in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-12-2011, 10:24 AM
  2. Correct Offset?
    By cdorch in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-22-2008, 07:11 PM
  3. Handheld Tune?shop Tune? software running on my laptop tune?on my SS
    By showtimesteele99SS in forum Computer & Tuning
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 06:31 AM
  4. Correct me if I'm Wrong
    By enjun in forum Stereo and Electronics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-21-2007, 03:46 AM
  5. The correct Y-Pipe
    By BowtieFever in forum External Engine
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-13-2005, 08:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •