Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Your thoughts on Immigration, DACA, Dreamers etc

This is a discussion on Your thoughts on Immigration, DACA, Dreamers etc within the Political / Debate Forum forums, part of the Almost Anything Goes category; First, “Dreamers”, and DACA recipients are two totally different things: 1) “Dreamers”, were targeted beneficiaries of the failed “Dream Act”, ...

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

First, “Dreamers”, and DACA recipients are two totally different things:

1) “Dreamers”, were targeted beneficiaries of the failed “Dream Act”, it’s not law, it never was, yet the open borders types refer to it like it’s a real thing, it’s not.

2) DACA, the Executive Order, was already ruled an overreach, that the Obama administration decided that it could ignore the courts on, how that chucklehead wasn’t found to be in contempt of court is beyond me.What is even greater overreach is the other courts ruling that the Trump Administration, for all intents and purposes, has to continue processing DACA permits. Moronic.

I see things pretty simple, we have borders and laws, if a person from another country (or thier parents), think that those borders and laws don’t apply to them, they already start the “immigration” process breaking the laws, and show no respect for our nation, our culture, or even thier countrymen who are trying to come here the right way, why would we want to give the law breakers a path to citizenship? They already have demonstrated that they don’t have interests in assimilating to our culture, or being a productive member of our society.

Also, if all of the people from some of these counties that have come here illegally were to have gotten together, in thier own nation, that would be quite a large group of people that could have worked to turn around that nation.

It’s nice that people want to come here and all, and it does go to show how great of a nation that we are, when people go through insane feats to get here but we are past get point where we can let anyone in, especially while our government wants to give so many things for free, and distribute it so ineffectively.

Fences help make people great neighbors.
    SLP Air Lid/Smooth Bellows
    Kooks Emissions LT Headers/Catted Y pipe
    NGK TR55 plugs
    Magnaflow Cat-back
    Spohn Front Upper Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Lower Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Rear Lower Control Arms/ Adjustable Panhard Rod
    Factory C5 Z06 17x9.5 wheels w/ 285-40-17 Continental Extreme Contact DW's all the way around.
    Dyno Dynamics dynoed @:
    356 rwhp, 360 rwlb/tq

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by wileyCoyote View Post
    ...hey zinergy, ..first of all, notice i don't need to resort to personal attacks as you so frequently do...

...second, ..you sound like an open-borders hippie... being a nation w/ rule of law doesn't make any sense if you aren't enforcing your laws and defending your borders... that's pretty basic stuff...

...third, ...you must have also missed the news about january being RECORD tax haul for the federal gov't... the tax reforms/cuts PLUS the increased economic growth will reap great benefits, ...it will cause the fed gov't to actually collect MORE in taxes... so, sorry you can't have your wonderful anemic obama economy back...

Too someone like you I'm sure anything that doesn't align with your "rulers" agenda sounds like the extreme left to you. You have lost the ability to see these situations and debates from a unbiased view. You call anything that isn't part of your agenda fakenews and report what you are told by the Trump admin or anything that aligns with your agenda as factual.

No open border hippie would promote a quicker path to death for violent immigrants. I am far from a hippie but I understand if you need to classify me as that to wrap your head around a conservative with a different opinion than your ruling admin.

BRR
    2002 SS LE

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Too someone like you I'm sure anything that doesn't align with your "rulers" agenda sounds like the extreme left to you. You have lost the ability to see these situations and debates from a unbiased view. You call anything that isn't part of your agenda fakenews and report what you are told by the Trump admin or anything that aligns with your agenda as factual.

No open border hippie would promote a quicker path to death for violent immigrants. I am far from a hippie but I understand if you need to classify me as that to wrap your head around a conservative with a different opinion than your ruling admin.
    By saying your "ruler" instead of Trump or President puts you in line with the people at the protests holding up the "not my president" signs.

Fake news is real as noted by a previous skeptical in Bob Corker. Just because you still can't come to grip with the fact that Trump is president,(another action that aligns you with the previously stated protesters) doesn't mean that most everything about him can't be fake news. If you believe more than 50% of what ANY news outlet says (CNN, FOX, MSN, etc.) then you might just be a lost cause.

Arctic White, red/gray

I say ruler because people like Wiley will accept anything he says without any further research in the matter. Most of what comes out of Trumps mouth especially when he is speaking off the cuff has been proven inaccurate with about 3 minutes of research. A citizen class who just believes anything their government or party tells them isn't free. That is what wiley promotes... that is what wiley represents. Belief without factual data is just faith and faith in government or politicians is not what the founders of this country wanted of it's "free" citizens. Government isn't a religion.

Really, if you believe more than 50% of what the Trump admin or any politician for that matter tells you without independent research then you ARE just a lost cause.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 02-20-2018 at 12:42 PM.

BRR
    2002 SS LE

Really, if you believe more than 50% of what the Trump admin or any politician for that matter tells you without independent research then you ARE just a lost cause.
    It's not JUST politicians, it is also (if not more so) the media. If you believe anything political you hear from anyone without independent or somewhat reliable research, I agree that that person would be a lost cause.

I don't think Wiley has total faith in government, but just about everything he posts has been substantiated by a somewhat reputable news outlet, or by just using common sense. Which of course can be negligible depending on the person. It may not be 100% accurate, but it's definitely not fake news. At least IMO. Where there's smoke, there's fire.

blue
    1999 TransAm

...so, you want to let them in, ...but if they are bad then, punish them more harshly than a citizen (for the same crime, presumably)... ha, ..so much of equal protection under the law with your proposal, ...please tell me how you square this w/ the constitution, ...oh "libertarian" zinergy!!!

...let's just make it easy: having defined borders and enforcing a system of immigration. we-the-people have a say in who comes in, period.

blue
    1999 TransAm

I say ruler because people like Wiley will accept anything he says without any further research in the matter. Most of what comes out of Trumps mouth especially when he is speaking off the cuff has been proven inaccurate with about 3 minutes of research. A citizen class who just believes anything their government or party tells them isn't free. That is what wiley promotes... that is what wiley represents. Belief without factual data is just faith and faith in government or politicians is not what the founders of this country wanted of it's "free" citizens. Government isn't a religion.

...here's the thing, ..you nevertrumpers are so wound-up and don't have a sense of humor, can't see the forest for the trees.... we all know he makes stuff up and exaggerates, ...that's one of the things i like about him, he takes the fight to the leftists/globalists/establishment, ...it's called "culture war", ..ever hear of it?...

Arctic White, red/gray

...so, you want to let them in, ...but if they are bad then, punish them more harshly than a citizen (for the same crime, presumably)... ha, ..so much of equal protection under the law with your proposal, ...please tell me how you square this w/ the constitution, ...oh "libertarian" zinergy!!!

...let's just make it easy: having defined borders and enforcing a system of immigration. we-the-people have a say in who comes in, period.
    So then you believe immigrants who are not yet citizens should have all the equal protections of the COTUS?

Arctic White, red/gray

...here's the thing, ..you nevertrumpers are so wound-up and don't have a sense of humor, can't see the forest for the trees.... we all know he makes stuff up and exaggerates, ...that's one of the things i like about him, he takes the fight to the leftists/globalists/establishment, ...it's called "culture war", ..ever hear of it?...
    Exactly what a Trumpforever bot like you would say. You're lost in the forest brozilla... the search party has given up hope.

blue
    1999 TransAm

So then you believe immigrants who are not yet citizens should have all the equal protections of the COTUS?
    good question... i'm not a legal scholar, so i won't pretend to be, and don't know the full answer ...but it does seem that they get "due process" at the least (immigration court, interaction w/ local law enforcement, etc.), ...so food for thought... i'd bet that your idea of imposing harsher penalties based on foreign invader status would get smashed to pieces by the leftist judges, ...you'd be called a wacist, etc...

...so, how about just keeping it simple, ...you want in, you come in the right way, the right process that WE have decided upon.... otherwise GTFO, and if you don't we'll make sure to get you TFO!!!

blue
    1999 TransAm

Exactly what a Trumpforever bot like you would say. You're lost in the forest brozilla... the search party has given up hope.
    ...all worked up, zinergy, ..all worked up...

...."sad"...

Arctic White, red/gray

I know you don't know me so I'll forgive you for thinking I'm all worked up. I'm more just sad for you and your brainwashed mindset. You literally support everything Trump has said... literally everything. And call everything that goes against his agenda or anything he has said as fake news. Anyone who does that of any party or politician is clearly not a free thinker. Which means you're not really free. As I said... sad.

BRR
    2002 SS LE

I know you don't know me so I'll forgive you for thinking I'm all worked up. I'm more just sad for you and your brainwashed mindset. You literally support everything Trump has said... literally everything. And call everything that goes against his agenda or anything he has said as fake news. Anyone who does that of any party or politician is clearly not a free thinker. Which means you're not really free. As I said... sad.
    So what has Trump said that is a terrible idea in your opinion? The only thing you've really talked about is how he's not Gary Johnson and how terrible it is for him to bash people and talk on Twitter.

blue
    1999 TransAm

...you're not worked up?, ...well, then why the name calling?... how do you square that?... you come across as getting worked up, sorry if i misread...

i'm one of the more forthcoming on this forum, ...i've admitted outright time and again that i (as do all people) have biases and i just in the earlier post acknowledged that the Trumpster engages in hyped-up, made-up rhetoric, especially in tweets and rallys... smoothed over by the new york accent... that said, ...it's a breath of fresh air, considering the leftist media-entertainment complex is fully a partisan opposition bloc... biggest immediate dangers to your liberties come from the leftist media and leftist "big tech"... Trumpster doesn't sit there and just take the knives in the back, ...he fights back, ..he goes on the offensive, ..it is a CULTURE WAR, my friend, ...if you don't understand it, just sad...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information