Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Your thoughts on Immigration, DACA, Dreamers etc

This is a discussion on Your thoughts on Immigration, DACA, Dreamers etc within the Political / Debate Forum forums, part of the Almost Anything Goes category; Your thoughts on Immigration, how we are handling it and how it should be handled..........

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Your thoughts on Immigration, how we are handling it and how it should be handled.......

BRR
    2002 SS LE

Let them stay, with a LONG and hard path to citizenship but there has to be a MAJOR change at the border. Gotta be tougher, maybe even heartless on people coming in illegally.

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by OKSS View Post
    Let them stay, with a LONG and hard path to citizenship but there has to be a MAJOR change at the border. Gotta be tougher, maybe even heartless on people coming in illegally.
    AGreed! My thing is just hey why don't you just go home and fix your own country especially for the ones trying constantly at the moment trying to sneak over here...........I'm just not the type of guy to run from anything or challenge mexico has alot of problem....but with so many people just trying to jump ship why how can it get fixed? Also Vencite fox/or other mexican leaders never talk about this? they just say no wall and let my people in? WTF???
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion
    I tried reading that article but it had too many words.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

Mexico is so fucked up by their own fault. They haven't learned from Columbia. Start putting these corrupt officials in the ground as well as the cartels would make vast improvements. We Trump referred to Shit Hole countries Mexico makes the list.

Immigration- kinda a very close issue with me. My wife is Panamanian, been married since 93. She goes thru the Permanent visa process like every non US citizens. That shit ain't cheap either. Around $600 in fees every 10 yrs. It's up to her if she wants to become a US Citizen, not my choice. I can understand why she hasn't yet. Though she's thinking it's time to.

Now when she does she'll have to take a test on US History and Govt, an interview and what they really want pay more fees which come up to around $600. They don't even require the test to be done in English anymore, at least the last 15 yrs.

That's when it started going to shit regarding culture assimilation. No longer required to speak, read and write in English.

I have zero compassion to those that protest waiving another countries flag.

DACA is a cluster fuck that was always design to become a nightmare.

Simple put both sides want it. Left think they will get votes in future but more importantly $$$ they raise off the issue.

The right wants it for cheap labor. If Trump gets it passed he and the right get credit for it, and that irks the left even more. How many ppl know that the Civil Rights bills of the 60's were created and passed by the Republicans. Hell almost all the left were against them. And yet the Left gets credit. how?!?!

LBJ didn't want to sign it but changed his mind only cause it looked good in optics for him. Member Sen Byrd (D) (former Klan member) tried filibuster the bill.
    Last edited by SMWS6TA; 02-11-2018 at 05:38 PM.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403 built, breaking it in , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, Monster Stg 4 Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, UMI: SFC, PHB, LCA's, LCA Relocation Brackets & TA, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/4.10 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

blue
    1999 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by Murder after Midnight View Post
    AGreed! My thing is just hey why don't you just go home and fix your own country especially for the ones trying constantly at the moment trying to sneak over here...........I'm just not the type of guy to run from anything or challenge mexico has alot of problem....but with so many people just trying to jump ship why how can it get fixed? Also Vencite fox/or other mexican leaders never talk about this? they just say no wall and let my people in? WTF???
    ...the reason that potty-mouth a**hole, vicente fox, is such an advocate for people leaving his country is because he knows they're among the most impoverished people... hey, let's get them out of here, ..and then it's their [america's] problem, ...their expense, their burden, their culture clash ...so, as usual, ...Trump is right, ..."they don't send their best people"...

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

We've wasted billions possibly trillions with our current operations. Time for something new. Make a better path to legal citizenship so that good people immigrating to this country can become legal citizens. Then we get to tax them and they become far less of a burden and even a benefit. This whole spend billions on a wall, more patrol etc is just more continuation of fighting a flow we can't contain. This is just as moronic as the lefts war on poverty that has cost billions possibly trillions with very little to show for it. We've all heard the saying if it ain't broke don't fix it. Guess what.... our current immigration policy is broke... doubling down on stupid policies that are already proven ineffective isn't going to fix it.

Trump is a moron when he says "they aren't sending us their best". For the most part they are sending us what would be their middle class if there were such a thing in these south/central American countries. Normal people with families who want a better life. Personally I think that is a countries best. Just like I believe America's best is our working middle class. The middle class is the best because the middle class is this country. The country will survive without the rich and without the poor. It wouldn't survive without the middle.

I am also for more strict/harsh penalties for those who do immigrate here and commit violent crimes... especially if they commit these crimes before they are citizens. I am even for a quick path to the death penalty for non-citizens who commit violent crimes. As statistics show this is not a majority of immigrants... not even close to a majority. This would be a small minority group within immigrants from south/central America.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 02-13-2018 at 12:18 PM.

blue
    1999 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    We've wasted billions possibly trillions with our current operations. Time for something new. Make a better path to legal citizenship so that good people immigrating to this country can become legal citizens. Then we get to tax them and they become far less of a burden and even a benefit. This whole spend billions on a wall, more patrol etc is just more continuation of fighting a flow we can't contain. This is just as moronic as the lefts war on poverty that has cost billions possibly trillions with very little to show for it. We've all heard the saying if it ain't broke don't fix it. Guess what.... our current immigration policy is broke... doubling down on stupid policies that are already proven ineffective isn't going to fix it.

Trump is a moron when he says "they aren't sending us their best". For the most part they are sending us what would be their middle class if there were such a thing in these south/central American countries. Normal people with families who want a better life. Personally I think that is a countries best. Just like I believe America's best is our working middle class. The middle class is the best because the middle class is this country. The country will survive without the rich and without the poor. It wouldn't survive without the middle.

I am also for more strict/harsh penalties for those who do immigrate here and commit violent crimes... especially if they commit these crimes before they are citizens. I am even for a quick path to the death penalty for non-citizens who commit violent crimes. As statistics show this is not a majority of immigrants... not even close to a majority. This would be a small minority group within immigrants from south/central America.
    ...the fence-jumpers are largely impoverished, ...not "middle class"...

...here's an idea: respect our sovereignty, and then, maybe you'll receive attention...

BTW, ...a "wall" does work for israel...

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by wileyCoyote View Post
    ...the fence-jumpers are largely impoverished, ...not "middle class"...

...here's an idea: respect our sovereignty, and then, maybe you'll receive attention...

BTW, ...a "wall" does work for israel...
    Correct but most want to be middle class... such a thing just doesn't exist... at least now how we know it where they are coming from.

That's a not a new idea because if they just stay in their country... no one will ever take notice. There is a way to set this up so we all benefit... the new Americans and the current ones. But the GOP is too afraid the new Americans will vote for the DNC... so they produce plans to spend billions upon billions to keep them out/not citizens.

Arctic White, red/gray

Of course there are incidents with illegals... but those are few and far between. Would you like me to start posting the literally millions of success stories from immigrants that occur on daily basis all around our country? I can assure you there are far more immigration success stories in America than there are ones like the one you posted.

As I said I am for a system of capital punishment for those who commit violent crimes. But this number will be a small percentage of immigrants.

blue
    1999 TransAm

Of course there are incidents with illegals... but those are few and far between. Would you like me to start posting the literally millions of success stories from immigrants that occur on daily basis all around our country? I can assure you there are far more immigration success stories in America than there are ones like the one you posted.

As I said I am for a system of capital punishment for those who commit violent crimes. But this number will be a small percentage of immigrants.
    ...are you going to post instances of "immigration" successes, or "illegal immigration" successes?... here's the thing, i'm tired of conflation of the two terms...

illegals are an invading force, ...foreign nationals invading another country to which they have not been given invitation...

blue
    1999 TransAm

Correct but most want to be middle class... such a thing just doesn't exist... at least now how we know it where they are coming from.

That's a not a new idea because if they just stay in their country... no one will ever take notice. There is a way to set this up so we all benefit... the new Americans and the current ones. But the GOP is too afraid the new Americans will vote for the DNC... so they produce plans to spend billions upon billions to keep them out/not citizens.
    what?

...you're not making any sense... they "want" to be middle class??? hell, they probably also "want" to be millionares, ...that doesn't mean i'm going to bend over to make it happen for them...

illegals are invaders, period... democrats want the influx because they pander to the lowest common denominator in societies, ..which is generally the poor, gullable, desparate, uninformed types, ...their favorite are those most impressionable by class warfare, and now ILLEGAL vs. CITIZEN warfare...

...if i had a wish it would be to deport the democrat party w/ their illegals...

BRR
    2002 SS LE

Illegal is illegal. Whether they are a multi-million dollar business owner or a convicted murderer, they are ILLEGAL. I understand that the concept of following and enforcing law is becoming more and more irrelevant, but geez.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by wileyCoyote View Post
    what?

...you're not making any sense... they "want" to be middle class??? hell, they probably also "want" to be millionares, ...that doesn't mean i'm going to bend over to make it happen for them...

illegals are invaders, period... democrats want the influx because they pander to the lowest common denominator in societies, ..which is generally the poor, gullable, desparate, uninformed types, ...their favorite are those most impressionable by class warfare, and now ILLEGAL vs. CITIZEN warfare...

...if i had a wish it would be to deport the democrat party w/ their illegals...
    Actually, if you pull your head out of your partisan hack ass(or Trumps) what I am saying makes perfect sense.

They want a better life for them and their children and to be part of the American Dream and those are the immigrants we should want coming into a America. Sure there are some criminals coming in too but to think they are a majority is to ignore reality and just believe whatever you want because someone "said" they are criminals by majority with no data to back that up.

The violent criminal element is why I am ok with a quicker path to capital punishment vs a citizen's path to capital punishment.

When are you going to see that what we have been doing isn't working and doubling down on a stupid plan that isn't working is STUPID. It's funny how fiscal conservatives seem to be more and more picking the most expensive ways to fight a losing battle. But hey... it's ok to partisan hacks when the Trump admin and a GOP controlled congress run a 1 trillion dollar + deficit each per year(as what is happening when you cut taxes and spending increases).... although I seem to remember you and everyone else crying when dems run deficits like this. Hypocrisy much?
    Last edited by Zinergy; 02-15-2018 at 08:11 AM.
    GTP231 likes this.

BRR
    2002 SS LE

Hypocrisy much?
    Anyone who is in politics or talks about it has been hypocritical at some time or another. Government is not going to stop spending anytime soon. Republican or Democrat. It's going to take a complete shifting of viewpoint and mentality to change this, and that will not happen for at least another 15-20 years.

Also, why is a QUICKER path to capital punishment needed for non-citizens? Why not make it EXTREMLY swift for anyone deserving of it. Just because someone is a citizen doesn't mean there punishment should be given more time.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by OKSS View Post
    Anyone who is in politics or talks about it has been hypocritical at some time or another. Government is not going to stop spending anytime soon. Republican or Democrat. It's going to take a complete shifting of viewpoint and mentality to change this, and that will not happen for at least another 15-20 years.

Also, why is a QUICKER path to capital punishment needed for non-citizens? Why not make it EXTREMLY swift for anyone deserving of it. Just because someone is a citizen doesn't mean there punishment should be given more time.
    Lol are you serious? You don't think the government killing citizens is important enough to warrant a lengthy legal process to ensure said citizen is the correct criminal who committed the crime? Just look at the people who were put to death and have been proven innocent as DNA technology has progressed. Government murdering it's citizens isn't something I am ok with and that's exactly what putting an innocent citizen to death is. Therefore I am ok with the extra time taken to know without a sliver of doubt that this person about to die is indeed the person who committed this horrible crime.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 02-15-2018 at 09:27 AM.

BRR
    2002 SS LE

Lol are you serious? You don't think the government killing citizens is important enough to warrant a lengthy legal process to ensure said citizen is the correct criminal who committed the crime? Just look at the people who were put to death and have been proven innocent as DNA technology has progressed. Government murdering it's citizens isn't something I am ok with and that's exactly what putting an innocent citizen to death is. Therefore I am ok with the extra time taken to know without a sliver of doubt that this person about to die is indeed the person who committed this horrible crime.
    Yeah, but who regulates "extra time"? The government. LOL

Arctic White, red/gray

No... lawyers and the legal process and civil rights organizations. The reason putting citizens to death is such a long process is mainly due to all the appeals processes you can go through before being put to death.

I say we bypass most of that for immigrants who commit horribly violent crimes. Sure there will be some who are probably wrongly convicted who will be put to death but that number will be small as it is a percentage of violent immigrants and the number of immigrants who are violent is a small percentage of overall immigrants. Gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelette and my mind is far more ok with cracking non-citizen eggs than citizen eggs to get the point across to the world... DON"T COME HERE AND COMMIT VIOLENT CRIMES. We'll kill you.

BRR
    2002 SS LE

DON"T COME HERE AND COMMIT VIOLENT CRIMES. We'll kill you.
    An excellent motto IMO. Quite a few signs of that nature in Texas.

blue
    1999 TransAm

Actually, if you pull your head out of your partisan hack ass(or Trumps) what I am saying makes perfect sense.

They want a better life for them and their children and to be part of the American Dream and those are the immigrants we should want coming into a America. Sure there are some criminals coming in too but to think they are a majority is to ignore reality and just believe whatever you want because someone "said" they are criminals by majority with no data to back that up.

The violent criminal element is why I am ok with a quicker path to capital punishment vs a citizen's path to capital punishment.

When are you going to see that what we have been doing isn't working and doubling down on a stupid plan that isn't working is STUPID. It's funny how fiscal conservatives seem to be more and more picking the most expensive ways to fight a losing battle. But hey... it's ok to partisan hacks when the Trump admin and a GOP controlled congress run a 1 trillion dollar + deficit each per year(as what is happening when you cut taxes and spending increases).... although I seem to remember you and everyone else crying when dems run deficits like this. Hypocrisy much?
    ...hey zinergy, ..first of all, notice i don't need to resort to personal attacks as you so frequently do...

...second, ..you sound like an open-borders hippie... being a nation w/ rule of law doesn't make any sense if you aren't enforcing your laws and defending your borders... that's pretty basic stuff...

...third, ...you must have also missed the news about january being RECORD tax haul for the federal gov't... the tax reforms/cuts PLUS the increased economic growth will reap great benefits, ...it will cause the fed gov't to actually collect MORE in taxes... so, sorry you can't have your wonderful anemic obama economy back...

Last edited by wileyCoyote; 02-15-2018 at 05:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information