Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thoughts on trump's state of the union.......

This is a discussion on Thoughts on trump's state of the union....... within the Political / Debate Forum forums, part of the Almost Anything Goes category; Father of Daughter Slain by MS-13 Blasts Democrats for Their Disrespect at SOTU: “It Hurt Me a Lot – They ...

blue
    1999 TransAm

Father of Daughter Slain by MS-13 Blasts Democrats for Their Disrespect at SOTU: “It Hurt Me a Lot – They Should Show Respect” (VIDEO)Father of Daughter Slain by MS-13 Blasts Democrats for Their Disrespect at SOTU: "It Hurt Me a Lot - They Should Show Respect" (VIDEO)

On Wednesday night Laura Ingraham invited two of the parents on her show.

Robert Mickens, the father of Nisa Mickens, told Laura he was dis
    Robert Mickens: “I thought it was very disrespectful. For the simple fact that the Democrats who were there and did not stand up, they were African-Americans. So that hurt me a lot… Regardless of how they feel about the president, they should show the respect, because I would show them the respect if that was their loved one.”

blue
    1999 TransAm

here is the priority of your democrat party:

Out Of Touch Democrats Open “State of OUR Union” Speech With Illegal Colombian Trans Immigrant Preaching Identity Politics

Out Of Touch Democrats Open "State of OUR Union" Speech With Illegal Colombian Trans Immigrant Preaching Identity Politics

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by wileyCoyote View Post
    ...i think you have a good synopsis here...

...you're right in that politics has been a "team sport" for a long time (as long as i can remember), ...and in these SOTU speeches, it's just a chance for whoever is POTUS to have a captive audience to bonk over the head w/ their agenda... so, you'll see the minority party (whichever one it is) do some sulking, look unenthusiastic, and less engaged in the clapping, etc...

however, ...i will say, it was astonishing to see the democrat party, refusing to stand and applaud (even tepidly) for the following:
    - Trump's call to respecting the flag and anthem
    - Trump's pointing out the families whos kids were murdered by ILLEGAL MS-13 gang members
    - Trump's call to put America, and "Americans" FIRST
    - etc...
    - Gutierrez walking out at the end...
    - etc..

it's just disgusting when you have one party doesn't even pretend to like and support american "citizens" and american pride... they are the party for illegal invasion, welfare state expansion, centralized control of life/liberty, redistribution of wealth, the ills of globalism, and race/identity division...

...as to the tax reforms, ...the thing is that the "rich" pay the vast majority of taxes in the first place, ...AND they by, and large, ...are the ones w/ the capital to build businesses, move them around, etc, ..so they are linked to JOBS... lowering the corporate tax rate was a HUGE thing, ...and i think will really rev things up, and make us competitive w/ these other foreign countries... lots of companies now going to move large operations BACK into the U.S., and expand in the U.S., ..so already happening... so, let's see how it goes, ..I'm optimistic...

...as for the midterms, ...yes, think R's have some good accomplismemts to run on, especially tax reform... for conservatives, ..there is getting rid of the obamacare mandate (which will hollow out obamacare), lots of conservative judges, etc... can we get national reciprocity in 2018?.. i don't know, ..problem is senate needing 60 votes, which requires democrats... so guys like manchin and mccaskill should be awfully cooperative because they are from states that went big time for the Trumpster (i hope they both get canned, especially mccaskill)...
    I'm for the corporate tax rate reduction. I just think they could have done without the individual rate reductions for the wealthy. I'm not saying tax them more... I'm saying tax them the same as current rates. I know and understand that the top 1% of earners pay over 40% of all fed taxes... but they also hold over 40% of all the wealth in the country. I'm not some jealous little bitch who demands the rich be taxed out of wealth. I don't get angry when I see the CEO of my company making millions a year. He's makes choices that has made this company the earner it is today. I just want the best deal for the 62% of us in the middle class who as a majority make up this country. I think more could have been done for the middle class or the same plan but will less debt added overall. Then it would have been the perfect F U to the people who don't support lower taxes to boost markets.

If the dems keep complaining about the added debt to the national debt total Trump should just say then we need to spend less over the next 10 years. They all act like that isn't an option. When its really the best option IMO.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 02-01-2018 at 07:16 AM.

Gray/ White
    10 Impreza 83 Thunderturd

however, ...i will say, it was astonishing to see the democrat party, refusing to stand and applaud (even tepidly) for the following:
    - Trump's call to respecting the flag and anthem
    - Trump's pointing out the families whos kids were murdered by ILLEGAL MS-13 gang members
    - Trump's call to put America, and "Americans" FIRST
    - etc...
    - Gutierrez walking out at the end...
    - etc..
    Why is that astounding. It would have been astounding had they stood

blue
    1999 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    I'm for the corporate tax rate reduction. I just think they could have done without the individual rate reductions for the wealthy. I'm not saying tax them more... I'm saying tax them the same as current rates. I know and understand that the top 1% of earners pay over 40% of all fed taxes... but they also hold over 40% of all the wealth in the country. I'm not some jealous little bitch who demands the rich be taxed out of wealth. I don't get angry when I see the CEO of my company making millions a year. He's makes choices that has made this company the earner it is today. I just want the best deal for the 62% of us in the middle class who as a majority make up this country. I think more could have been done for the middle class or the same plan but will less debt added overall. Then it would have been the perfect F U to the people who don't support lower taxes to boost markets.

If the dems keep complaining about the added debt to the national debt total Trump should just say then we need to spend less over the next 10 years. They all act like that isn't an option. When its really the best option IMO.
    ...the taxes the wealthy pay or don't pay isn't a big concern of mine at the moment, ..a lot of them make money on investment income which is taxed at lower rates (same as it is for you and me), ...so, yeah, it's nice to have the dough, ..but on the flipside, ...think about the huge swath of americans (poor to middle class) that either (a) DON'T PAY ANY FEDERAL INCOME TAX, or (b) ACTUALLY GET FREE MONEY BY FILING INCOME TAX RETURN....

so, i realize this may be a radical departure for you, but i actually would prefer EVERYONE have at least "some" "SKIN IN THE GAME"...

blue
    1999 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    Why is that astounding. It would have been astounding had they stood
    well, ...ok, ...so, you make my point!... they're radical anti-american!

blue
    1999 TransAm

...i thought the snowflake democrats were going to boycott by not showing up???...

TruthInGovernment@TruthinGov2016 7h7 hours agoMore

YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK Photo catches Democrats on their phones during State of the Union, one playing "Candy Crush" video game. If I did this at work I WOULD BE FIRED. http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/371849-photo-catches-dem-playing-candy-crush-during-state-of-the-union …

16 replies99 retweets129 likes
    Retweet

Gray/ White

well, ...ok, ...so, you make my point!... they're radical anti-american!
    I didn't go that far. I feel they just have a vision for America. Aka quest for power

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    I didn't go that far. I feel they just have a vision for America. Aka quest for power
    And the desperate and devious ways they try to hold on to it. The heavily blue states are a perfect example of how they keep people in poverty and on government aid, while they live like kings and queens in their gated communities cashing in on all kinds of 'deals'. I guarantee that none of them, especially in CA and their stupid sanctuary cities, would even dare to walk the streets in some of these areas they've helped to create.

Gray/ White

But liberals say red states are the welfare states?
    83 Thunderturd even bigger turd probably LQ4 4L80 swap at some point
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    the guys here know how to find a nekkid chick farting into a cake but 2+2 stumps the shit out of 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    My brain must be defective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Says the king of mockery and shit talking

Arctic White, red/gray

8 out of the 10 states with the highest poverty percentages are in the south. The other 2 are virginia and West virginia

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I read that CA has the most homeless and poverty levels in the country.

Just found this:

https://www.ranker.com/list/top-10-u...ness-rate/greg

I guess NY has taken the lead in the #1 spot. Either way, both very blue states.

This one has CA as #1

https://www.therichest.com/rich-list...es-in-america/
    Last edited by KahanaReef; 02-02-2018 at 04:33 PM.

blue
    1999 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    8 out of the 10 states with the highest poverty percentages are in the south. The other 2 are virginia and West virginia
    better go back and check, ..i think CA has taken the lead, ..and a great many are foreign nationals residing illegally in the country..

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Yes. It's bad.

Arctic White, red/gray

Cali is in the top 15... not top 10. It does have some of the highest poverty counties/cities and silicon valley has a very high poverty rate. But as a state it is the 36th highest poverty rate. The article you posted up was in number of homeless... not percentage of people in poverty. Of course cali has more homeless.... they have more people. The percentage shows more of the story. Also not everyone living in poverty is "homeless" in the sense that they sleep on the street. There are 5.8 million people in cali living below the poverty level.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 02-05-2018 at 06:48 AM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Correct "our" definition on "poverty" as applied to America is far, far, far.... different then what it means/applies to the rest of the world.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Last edited by KahanaReef; 02-05-2018 at 06:57 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information