Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thoughts on trump's state of the union.......

This is a discussion on Thoughts on trump's state of the union....... within the Political / Debate Forum forums, part of the Almost Anything Goes category; Topic??????? https://www.yahoo.com/news/live-cove...cation-brknews...

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Thoughts on trump's state of the union.......

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Great Speech! Here's the full text.......

https://www.yahoo.com/news/full-text...cation-brknews
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion
    I tried reading that article but it had too many words.

blue
    1999 TransAm

amazing!!!

...and as i always say, everyday i'm thankful that the Trumpster defeated the corrupt witch... go back and look at the vid, ...the democrat sour pusses wouldn't even stand up and clap w/ everyone else in the room for the two families in attendence whos kids were murdered by MS-13 illegals, ...wouldn't stand and clap for reports of lowest unemployment figures, ..and wouldn't stand and clap for the Trumpster following through on the promise (of not just him, but his predecessors) to move the embassy to Jerusalem...

...this sums it up for them:

Jack Posobiec
    ���� Retweeted
    Rob Dew@DewsNewz 1h1 hour agoMore

Faces of defeat #MAGA #SOTU http://infowars.com/show

72 replies294 retweets658 likes
    Retweet

blue
    1999 TransAm

Mike Cernovich
    ���� Retweeted
    John PhillipsVerified account @Johnnydontlike 17m17 minutes agoMore

If @NancyPelosi and @WhipHoyer formed a pop band they would be known as ‘The Starry Night’

7 replies9 retweets58 likes
    Retweet

blue
    1999 TransAm

Mike Cernovich
    ���� Retweeted
    DC McAllisterVerified account @McAllisterDen 37m37 minutes agoMore

No longer tell our enemies our plans. Democrat reaction: #sotu

9 replies65 retweets130 likes
    Retweet

blue
    1999 TransAm

Mike Cernovich ����Verified account @Cernovich 43m43 minutes agoMore

Tonight is what American leadership and strength looks like.After 8 terrible years of whiney, ESPN-watching Obama.Impossible to imagine Hillary hacking her way through #SOTUTonight is a great night to be America, tonight everyone is MAGA!

7 replies96 retweets264 likes
    Retweet

Show this thread

blue
    1999 TransAm

Mike Cernovich
    ���� Retweeted
    Dave RubinVerified account @RubinReport 56m56 minutes agoMore

Dave Rubin Retweeted Chris Hayes
    It’s true, success and prosperity is upsetting for progressives.

Dave Rubin added,
    Chris HayesVerified account @chrislhayes
    This is upsetting in every direction.

43 replies185 retweets686 likes
    Retweet

blue
    1999 TransAm

senile nancy's bubble gum got stuck in her dentures (for 10 minutes)...

Mike Cernovich
    ���� Retweeted
    DC McAllisterVerified account @McAllisterDen 2h2 hours agoMore

Nancy Pelosi. #StateOfTheUnion

17 replies50 retweets78 likes
    Retweet

blue
    1999 TransAm

Jack Posobiec ����Verified account @JackPosobiec 1h1 hour agoMore

Jack Posobiec ����Retweeted Frank Luntz
    They have no shame

Jack Posobiec ����added,
    Frank LuntzVerified account @FrankLuntz
    Why are @TheDemocrats not applauding job growth, higher wages and the drop in Latino and African-American unemployment? I thought economic success is good for everyone regardless of party. …

0 replies20 retweets35 likes

Retweet

blue
    1999 TransAm

Jack Posobiec
    ���� Retweeted
    GregGutfeldVerified account @greggutfeld 1h1 hour agoMore

he shoved sitting for the national anthem right up their asses. Did Dems stand for the applause? this guy. nothing like it.

97 replies611 retweets2,099 likes
    Retweet

blue
    1999 TransAm

...the illegals' representative tucked tail and ran at the end of the speech, ...as chants of USA, USA filled the room!

VIDEO: Luis Gutierrez triggered by ‘USA!’ chants, flees House chamber
    VIDEO: Luis Gutierrez triggered by 'USA!' chants, flees House chamber - The American MirrorThe American Mirror

BRR
    2002 SS LE

I was expecting something a bit better I will say. However, seeing the Dem's sitting when talking about God, Veterans, lowest unemployment rate, etc. was astounding. I think things are starting to look good for Republicans in the mid-terms.

Joe Manchin is going to start leaning quite a bit more towards the right since he's up for re-election this year. Pretty much the only person with a D beside their name that somewhat cares about something more than just resisting Trump. He stood up when all the other Dem's were sitting.

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by OKSS View Post
    I was expecting something a bit better I will say. However, seeing the Dem's sitting when talking about God, Veterans, lowest unemployment rate, etc. was astounding. I think things are starting to look good for Republicans in the mid-terms.

Joe Manchin is going to start leaning quite a bit more towards the right since he's up for re-election this year. Pretty much the only person with a D beside their name that somewhat cares about something more than just resisting Trump. He stood up when all the other Dem's were sitting.
    Better in what way?

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Man those pics show a lot of salt in their panties....

BRR
    2002 SS LE

Quote Originally Posted by Murder after Midnight View Post
    Better in what way?
    It just didn't have the "uummpphh" that I was expecting for the economy, jobs, GDP, etc. doing so well. I also thought he spent a little too much time talking about the people FLOTUS had with her. Good segments, just a little long winded. Also, I was expecting something a little clearer on what the thinking is about North Korea and what some of the options were going forward. Overall though, it was a good speech.

The best part is still how the Dem's are against absolutely anything Trump says if even it labels them as anti-American. It really is astounding.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

I thought it was a good speech. Much better than when Trump is just speaking off the cuff. Where he jumps around saying random shit. But this was obviously a practiced speech where his admin had control of the entire room for the night... pretty hard to mess that up. I think trump delivered it well.

Nice to see the dems sitting for most of the speech.... even on things most of us agree on. A real good look at our bi-partisanship in the future. But that's how the State of the Union speeches goes in recent years. The side who doesn't hold the POTUS seat are always less enthused/inclined to get up out of their seats. Was the same way for most of Obama's speeches.

It's not really astounding... that's how our parties operate these days... both of them. It's more sad than astounding.

BRR
    2002 SS LE

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    It's not really astounding... that's how our parties operate these days... both of them. It's more sad than astounding.
    This is true. The bad part is Trump will be blamed for not being able to unify the country. Unfortunately, it's going to get worse before it gets better. When all of the Russian collusion and FBI/DOJ scandals get wrapped up and it turns out in Trumps favor, I think a lot of the people that aren't WAY left will start to believe in him a bit more.

If he continues delivering on the economy, job creation, etc. it won't be quite as hard of a pill to swallow for the left if he gets re-elected in 2020.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

If life for most Americans get's better in someway it will be harder and harder for the Dems to defend their hating ways. Up to this point though I think the only major victory for a majority of Americans is the new tax bill. Which is a win for most. Of course dems will cry about the addition of debt to our national debt which this tax reform will cause and the fact that the rich receive the largest tax break over the 10 years of rate reduction. I just don't understand why they couldn't have left the rich a lone... for the most part with current tax rates... if that were to happen 1 of 2 things could have been done. We could have the rates reduced for the entire middle class with much less debt added to the national debt or the reduction in taxes for the middle class could have been higher and 62% of the country would have felt the positive effects even more. Then the DNC would have literally nothing to cry about and it would have been a win for all. But they just had to reduce taxes on the rich by greater margins than the rest of us. Putting a huge blemish on the face of the bill and something for the DNC and it's supporters to go ape shit over.

It will be interesting to see what happens in 2018. With the midterms coming up the GOP has a lot to lose.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 01-31-2018 at 08:09 AM.

blue
    1999 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    If life for most Americans get's better in someway it will be harder and harder for the Dems to defend their hating ways. Up to this point though I think the only major victory for a majority of Americans is the new tax bill. Which is a win for most. Of course dems will cry about the addition of debt to our national debt which this tax reform will cause and the fact that the rich receive the largest tax break over the 10 years of rate reduction. I just don't understand why they couldn't have left the rich a lone... for the most part with current tax rates... if that were to happen 1 of 2 things could have been done. We could have the rates reduced for the entire middle class with much less debt added to the national debt or the reduction in taxes for the middle class could have been higher and 62% of the country would have felt the positive effects even more. Then the DNC would have literally nothing to cry about and it would have been a win for all. But they just had to reduce taxes on the rich by greater margins than the rest of us. Putting a huge blemish on the face of the bill and something for the DNC and it's supporters to go ape shit over.

It will be interesting to see what happens in 2018. With the midterms coming up the GOP has a lot to lose.
    ...i think you have a good synopsis here...

...you're right in that politics has been a "team sport" for a long time (as long as i can remember), ...and in these SOTU speeches, it's just a chance for whoever is POTUS to have a captive audience to bonk over the head w/ their agenda... so, you'll see the minority party (whichever one it is) do some sulking, look unenthusiastic, and less engaged in the clapping, etc...

however, ...i will say, it was astonishing to see the democrat party, refusing to stand and applaud (even tepidly) for the following:
    - Trump's call to respecting the flag and anthem
    - Trump's pointing out the families whos kids were murdered by ILLEGAL MS-13 gang members
    - Trump's call to put America, and "Americans" FIRST
    - etc...
    - Gutierrez walking out at the end...
    - etc..

it's just disgusting when you have one party doesn't even pretend to like and support american "citizens" and american pride... they are the party for illegal invasion, welfare state expansion, centralized control of life/liberty, redistribution of wealth, the ills of globalism, and race/identity division...

...as to the tax reforms, ...the thing is that the "rich" pay the vast majority of taxes in the first place, ...AND they by, and large, ...are the ones w/ the capital to build businesses, move them around, etc, ..so they are linked to JOBS... lowering the corporate tax rate was a HUGE thing, ...and i think will really rev things up, and make us competitive w/ these other foreign countries... lots of companies now going to move large operations BACK into the U.S., and expand in the U.S., ..so already happening... so, let's see how it goes, ..I'm optimistic...

...as for the midterms, ...yes, think R's have some good accomplismemts to run on, especially tax reform... for conservatives, ..there is getting rid of the obamacare mandate (which will hollow out obamacare), lots of conservative judges, etc... can we get national reciprocity in 2018?.. i don't know, ..problem is senate needing 60 votes, which requires democrats... so guys like manchin and mccaskill should be awfully cooperative because they are from states that went big time for the Trumpster (i hope they both get canned, especially mccaskill)...

blue
    1999 TransAm

James WoodsVerified account @RealJamesWoods 8h8 hours agoMore

James Woods Retweeted Eric Bolling
    And the other 25% are wiping wallpaper paste off the corners of their mouths... #JoeBlow #PolidentPelosi

James Woods added,
    Eric BollingVerified account @ericbolling
    CBS News poll: 75% Approve Of SOTU Speechhttps://www.cbsnews.com/news/viewers-approve-of-trumps-first-state-of-the-union-address-cbs-news-poll/ ……

290 replies1,484 retweets5,222 likes
    Retweet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information