Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 90 of 90
Like Tree19Likes

Roy Moore Vindicated, Set to Win Despite Sabotage Attempt

This is a discussion on Roy Moore Vindicated, Set to Win Despite Sabotage Attempt within the Political / Debate Forum forums, part of the Almost Anything Goes category; Originally Posted by KahanaReef Carpy, I think we all know that both parties have individuals that are not above doing ...

  1. #81
    I like turtles GTP231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Corn and Soybean fields
    Posts
    5,413

    Gray/ White
    10 Impreza 83 Thunderturd

    Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Carpy, I think we all know that both parties have individuals that are not above doing such things. This whole thing is just over the top. I say we watch these ladies bank accounts over the next year... Conspiracy is not always a theory.
    No no Dena it's only the left that foes stuff like that. Just ask Wiley. I mean let's ignore the establishment attacking the actual conservatives in 16 primaries both presidential and congressional. There are several instances that they were successfuk
    83 Thunderturd even bigger turd probably LQ4 4L80 swap at some point
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    the guys here know how to find a nekkid chick farting into a cake but 2+2 stumps the shit out of 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    My brain must be defective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Says the king of mockery and shit talking

  2. #82
    Senior Member Whamhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bel Air, Maryland
    Posts
    1,393

    Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

    Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    He admitted to dating 15 year olds. That is not something a normal person does and let's face it you're basically a pedophile at that point. You can honestly say that doesn't bother you? This has nothing to do with the media it's just common sense
    If in the 60s-70s, in the state he was in, the age of consent was above 15, and the parents didn’t then its a problem. I also have a problem with sear sucker suits but they were acceptable back then too.

    It’s pretty easy to judge the actions of a population segment from 40 years ago, based on today’s standards.

    Would I let my teenaged daughter date a guy way more her senior, no! But I am also a member of DADD, Daddy’s Against Daughters Dating.

    I also wouldn’t vote for a pot-head to be President, either in 1992, or 2016.

  3. #83
    I like turtles GTP231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Corn and Soybean fields
    Posts
    5,413

    Gray/ White
    10 Impreza 83 Thunderturd

    I don't care if that was "acceptable" then or not. I can't see anyone dating teenagers when they're in their 30s making good decisions for the country. My opinion regardless is he's basically a pedophile as I wouldn't trust a guy that creepy to not try something

  4. #84
    Senior Member wileyCoyote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Centerville OH
    Posts
    1,592

    blue
    1999 TransAm

    Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    I don't care if that was "acceptable" then or not. I can't see anyone dating teenagers when they're in their 30s making good decisions for the country. My opinion regardless is he's basically a pedophile as I wouldn't trust a guy that creepy to not try something
    ...says the guy who was wholeheartedly backing gary johnson, ...talk about creepy and cooky...

  5. #85
    I like turtles GTP231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Corn and Soybean fields
    Posts
    5,413

    Gray/ White
    10 Impreza 83 Thunderturd

    Quote Originally Posted by wileyCoyote View Post
    ...says the guy who was wholeheartedly backing gary johnson, ...talk about creepy and cooky...
    There you go insinuating things as usual. Though I seem to have missed where he dated teenagers
    Was there things I disagreed with yes. But I disagree more with a flip flopping,life long New York liberal that lobbied for bankruptcy changes they benefited from

  6. #86
    Senior Member wileyCoyote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Centerville OH
    Posts
    1,592

    blue
    1999 TransAm

    Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    There you go insinuating things as usual. Though I seem to have missed where he dated teenagers
    Was there things I disagreed with yes. But I disagree more with a flip flopping,life long New York liberal that lobbied for bankruptcy changes they benefited from
    ...carpy, ...you should know by now, ..i'm an equal opportunity "insinuator"



    BTW, ..that "new york liberal" is implementing long needed immigration crackdowns, putting conservatives into federal judgeships, kicking the hell out of ISIS, and reforming taxes, cutting the corporate tax rate, repealed obamacare "mandate", and revving up the economy to levels we haven't seen in a very long time...

    ...so, if that's YOUR definition of "new york liberal", what do you label the part where the rubber meets the road (the policies and effects, many long-lasting)???

  7. #87
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,625

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    No no Dena it's only the left that foes stuff like that. Just ask Wiley. I mean let's ignore the establishment attacking the actual conservatives in 16 primaries both presidential and congressional. There are several instances that they were successfuk
    Yeah, well... you and I know that both sides are dirty Seems a lot of them will not be seeking reelection. I predict many more to come, too. The swamp is being drained. I think 2018 will bring many changes. We'll see

  8. #88
    Senior Member Whamhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bel Air, Maryland
    Posts
    1,393

    Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

    Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    I don't care if that was "acceptable" then or not. I can't see anyone dating teenagers when they're in their 30s making good decisions for the country. My opinion regardless is he's basically a pedophile as I wouldn't trust a guy that creepy to not try something
    It’s not even just a question of acceptable but also what was/is legal, the age of consent is the age of consent. Only until very modern times has it been frowned on for a thirty-something to take a 13 and up female as a bride. I haven’t researched it but I wouldn’t be surprised if some of our founding fathers did just that, and they made good decisions for our country, and they certainly weren’t pedophiles. They certainly made better decisions than what I would expect from a recreational pot user.

    I’m not endorsing current use of that sort of dating practice but I am not going to judge based on the difference between current and 40 year ago cultural (for a lack of better term) “norms”. And I am certainly not going to get swept up the hypocritical leftist bait and switch that was portrayed to play on modern day people’s emotions.

  9. #89
    Spaz is My Mentor SMWS6TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ugy Lower Corner of AL
    Posts
    10,940

    Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

    Can I point out this same argument can be made about slavery?

    Was it legal up to the mid 1800's, yes, is it acceptable today no.

    Was it common for 16 yr olds to be married off before the 1900's - yes, has it been acceptable since the 1960's, no.



    Not in any way implying anyone here endorses Slavery, just pointing out the same argument can be made.
    Zinergy likes this.

  10. #90
    Senior Member Whamhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bel Air, Maryland
    Posts
    1,393

    Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

    Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Can I point out this same argument can be made about slavery?

    Was it legal up to the mid 1800's, yes, is it acceptable today no.

    Was it common for 16 yr olds to be married off before the 1900's - yes, has it been acceptable since the 1960's, no.



    Not in any way implying anyone here endorses Slavery, just pointing out the same argument can be made.
    Slavery was an involuntary act of one party (the slave), dating is a voluntary act (of the girl), even if persuaded by parents, at least in all but the last deviation of the population (lets say .2%, for pure statistical delineation). Many, if not most, of the Founding Fathers owned slaves, yet made good decisions for the country; some of those also married a young bride while they were an older gentleman, somehow they still were able to make good decisions for the country.

    Your second statement is a non-sequitur, the first is not related to the latter. Commonality, compared with acceptability, especially with a 60 year deviation in the requisites, is an apples to orange comparison. A more usable argument would be the commonality of "16 yr olds to be married off since the 1960's", vs the acceptability of the same; then the question is in the "who" of the finding "acceptable", you would likely find that the North was more likely less accepting, and the South was more accepting. And then, there is the argument of acceptable vs legal, and the South certainly had allowances for younger women to be consenting at a much younger age, as well as marriage.

    The real trends towards the push of the age of consent, as well as the average age of marriage, really only had its beginnings at the very tail end of the 1960's, and didn't really start making headway until the 1970's (the same time period Judge Moore was dating younger females), with the Feminism movement, and real hardening of the laws in the late 1970's with the efforts of the ERA, and actions of groups, such as WOW (not World of Warcraft).Please look at one of my earlier posts that source data that suggests that legality/ age of consent, in several states, and districts, still do not have a reasonably close to "Age of Majority" requirement, if I hadn't checked on it, I wouldn't have believed it was still possible. And this is where the whole legality, acceptability issue becomes murky, and where, and why the Left has chosen to use it, because it can only be argued on an "emotional" level because :

    1) The majority of people are thinking, especially on an emotional level, in a "now" sense. Because the action is something we don't approve of today, in essence, its easy to convict a person in the "media/social networking court" ; whereas a person in the real court, by following logic and statute, would not be able to reasonably convict because the person in question, committed the actions before the removal of legality/ morality.

    2) What other topic was the Left able to make, for a winning case to have the Democrat elected, in that election, debating the actual topics impacting the business of the State, and its represented?

    Again, would I support/ give my blessing for my daughter, when she still is below the Age of Majority to be dating an older person? Certainly not! Would I be able to say the same if I was under the same circumstances, 40-50 years ago? Probably not but even in Maryland, it would have not been impossible.

    The more mind-blowing thought to me is that Bill Clinton has women, that actually accused him of rape, and sexual assault, on a much greater level, and people, even today, will defend him to the grave; any attempts to a moral equivalent aside, especially because the accusations of actual sexual violence was much more in real time, and more in the open air, and to this day the accusers are still active; see where Moore's accusers will be, next month.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Would you attempt this trip?
    By Murder after Midnight in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-22-2017, 02:32 PM
  2. Sabotage
    By allbaugh_04 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-07-2014, 11:29 AM
  3. First Attempt at a Video
    By slplswon in forum Multimedia Section
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-15-2008, 08:14 PM
  4. First Attempt- Waddaya think?
    By Bobby97SS in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-08-2007, 12:49 PM
  5. T.O's suicide attempt
    By BadBlueBird* in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-29-2006, 05:55 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •