Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst 12345678925354555 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

EL President Trump(The Goat/The Boss)

This is a discussion on EL President Trump(The Goat/The Boss) within the Political / Debate Forum forums, part of the Almost Anything Goes category; Originally Posted by OKSS There aren't many ways of handling the situation other than telling everyone from those countries you ...

Quote Originally Posted by OKSS View Post
    There aren't many ways of handling the situation other than telling everyone from those countries you can't come here if the goal is to stop terrorism. The phrase one bad apple can ruin it for the bunch would apply fairly well I think.

Strict adherence to current immigration laws/policies would be a HUGE step forward, but that becomes difficult when there are states like California who don't seem to care.
    I agree with all that, but reputation and contracts matter. I understand the idea of "shock and awe," but simply ordering green card holders to report for screening starting ASAP should've been enough to send the "We're serious" message. Now, atop some of his nominations, Trump has half the country and a big part of the world against him.

BRR
    2002 SS LE

Quote Originally Posted by clovenhooves View Post
    Trump has half the country and a big part of the world against him.
    With the way the world is now, that's probably not a bad thing.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I agree with all that, but reputation and contracts matter. I understand the idea of "shock and awe," but simply ordering green card holders to report for screening starting ASAP should've been enough to send the "We're serious" message. Now, atop some of his nominations, Trump has half the country and a big part of the world against him.
    it doesn't matter what Trump does....he's going to be vilified and marched against no matter what changes he makes. Better to just go full monty and get it out of the way. In order to fix this mess some tough decisions have to be made and I'm glad he's making them. People aren't going to like it but I haven't liked the decisions made for almost a decade so let them live with it like I have.

The next thing I'm looking forward too is NAFTA going bye bye. It's been nothing but shit for us. Let companies move plants to mexico so they get labor dirt ass cheap and then tax the shit out of their products coming back over the border. If they want to be a mexican company let them sell their shit in mexico.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

Trump getting other countries and fellow Republicans against will hurt him. I won't cry if he's impeached for unlawful acts or unofficial misconduct. We need strong but sensible leadership.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

the problem is you can't find anyone in politics that will be strong because they want votes not to do the job. Trump wouldn't have to be making these drastic changes if more had been done in the past to keep it from getting to this point. He's not going to be impeached for these moves.....half the damn country voted for him. People want these changes. The ones that don't want them are the reason we're where we're at. Immigration is something that should've been addressed a long time ago. We live in a different world than 100 years ago. Laws need to change to reflect those differences. Why should we be forced to take in people that can't take control of their own country? Seems to me a country tried to control us at one time. Did we flee to another country? Nope....we kicked their ass and took our country back. They should do the same.

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    the problem is you can't find anyone in politics that will be strong because they want votes not to do the job. Trump wouldn't have to be making these drastic changes if more had been done in the past to keep it from getting to this point. He's not going to be impeached for these moves.....half the damn country voted for him. People want these changes. The ones that don't want them are the reason we're where we're at. Immigration is something that should've been addressed a long time ago. We live in a different world than 100 years ago. Laws need to change to reflect those differences. Why should we be forced to take in people that can't take control of their own country? Seems to me a country tried to control us at one time. Did we flee to another country? Nope....we kicked their ass and took our country back. They should do the same.

This.
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion
    I tried reading that article but it had too many words.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Kind of. We didn't "take our country back". We took our country from it's native people. Then.... after about 200 years we decided we were no longer Europeans and were now Americans. Then we took our country from said Europeans. Then we took the rest of the country from the Native Americans over the course of the next 100 years or so. So we never really "took the country back" so much as we just took the country.... from multiple groups of people.

But I agree somewhat. The refugees fleeing their homes didn't really put up much of a fight. They just ran away..... it wouldn't go down like that in America.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

semantics.....you get the point. Plenty of people died earning our freedom and continue to die today for our freedom. Excuse me if I don't put on a vagina hat and gather at airports with signs because other people aren't willing to do the same.

The media is also having a field day with this shit and painting the picture however the want. They're painting it as a war on islam or muslims in general and that just isn't the case. Honestly it wouldn't bother me a whole helluva lot if it was.....that religion has been fighting and killing each other for thousands of years. They have no tolerance of anyone but now we're supposed to be tolerant of them? They also don't know how to live peacefully with one another. I don't care what they do over there but I don't want that shit in my back yard.

To your point about how we got this country. It's kinda pissing me off hearing all these people say things like "we're a country of immigrants". Yes....we are a country of immigrants. A country descended from immigrants that took this land by force from it's native people. If the american indian knew then what they know now what do you think their reaction would've been when that first boat came ashore? I'm betting there wouldn't be a turkey dinner served. It's a terrible reasoning as to why we should continue to accept immigrants with no questions asked.
    Last edited by 0rion; 01-30-2017 at 01:13 PM.

BRR
    2002 SS LE

I said it earlier in this thread, any religion that causes harm to others should be wiped off the face of the earth with extreme prejudice. Your freedom of religion ends where another persons right to live begins, it's really that simple. If some peoples freedoms have to be taken away to stop ISIS from chopping peoples heads off, then that's what needs to be done.

I 100% agree with Trump when he said "we are not on a level playing field". We have to do whatever is necessary to stop the evil in this country, and if that means torturing people, OK. If the laws says we can't torture people, then the law needs to be changed so we can. If torture doesn't get us as good of results as feeding them steak dinners every night, then OK. There can't be anymore molly-coddling of people and their feelings. Something has got to be done, and it seems Trump is on the right path for now.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

it doesn't matter what Trump does....he's going to be vilified and marched against no matter what changes he makes. Better to just go full monty and get it out of the way. In order to fix this mess some tough decisions have to be made and I'm glad he's making them. People aren't going to like it but I haven't liked the decisions made for almost a decade so let them live with it like I have.

The next thing I'm looking forward too is NAFTA going bye bye. It's been nothing but shit for us. Let companies move plants to mexico so they get labor dirt ass cheap and then tax the shit out of their products coming back over the border. If they want to be a mexican company let them sell their shit in mexico.
    So everything you were buying for $1 will now cost $15?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    It's on jackstands.

For Trump, it's probably mostly about screening refugees, but there are at least several thousand well-educated, gainfully employed legal residents from those countries put in jeopardy over in the past few days. Not many people want individuals like that banned from the USA (though there's the issue of foreigners being imported to undercut American jobs). Add to the list many businesses now mad at Trump.

The attitude behind the move shows such disregard for normal code of conduct that it seems just a matter of time before El President makes a move that leads to serious impeachment discussion or triggers discovery of things he's done as a private citizen that basically disqualify him from the White House. It's not like all the people who voted for him are die-hard Trump supporters who will condone anything he does.

BRR
    2002 SS LE

It's just his first couple of weeks to get things in motion will be quite a bit, but it will settle down rather quickly I would think. Keeping a country safe isn't something that can wait, action needed to be taken 5 years ago. The "disregard of normal conduct" is good to see in a president IMO. Normal conduct is basically another way of saying "politically correct" and we've seen the tons of crap that has got us in.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    So everything you were buying for $1 will now cost $15?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    So be it.....As long as it's built here. I disagree that the price jumps that much though. Things will go up but there are still companies here that compete and have their products made in America. You think companies drop prices when they move to Mexico or China for production? They do it to make more profit...Not pass the savings on to the consumer.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by OKSS View Post
    I said it earlier in this thread, any religion that causes harm to others should be wiped off the face of the earth with extreme prejudice. Your freedom of religion ends where another persons right to live begins, it's really that simple. If some peoples freedoms have to be taken away to stop ISIS from chopping peoples heads off, then that's what needs to be done.

I 100% agree with Trump when he said "we are not on a level playing field". We have to do whatever is necessary to stop the evil in this country, and if that means torturing people, OK. If the laws says we can't torture people, then the law needs to be changed so we can. If torture doesn't get us as good of results as feeding them steak dinners every night, then OK. There can't be anymore molly-coddling of people and their feelings. Something has got to be done, and it seems Trump is on the right path for now.
    In fairness Christianity hasn't been the poster child for peace as far as religions are concerned. The main difference I see is the ability of Christians to co-exist with other religions and at least attempt to compromise. Muslims won't do that.

blue
    1999 TransAm

The attitude behind the move shows such disregard for normal code of conduct that it seems just a matter of time before El President makes a move that leads to serious impeachment discussion or triggers discovery of things he's done as a private citizen that basically disqualify him from the White House. It's not like all the people who voted for him are die-hard Trump supporters who will condone anything he does.
    ...the view from CA is not the same as the view from here...

also, keep in mind, ...what is "abnormal", quite frankly, is the rolling up of sleeves and tackling the thorny issues that that previous line of "normal politicians" were too scared to take on the leftist PC orthodoxy, ..instead they caved and that's what got us into where we are, with illegals and advocacy for illegals, w/ "don't say anything bad about islam", violence against cops, rioting in the streets, etc...

the "correction" won't be painless, ...but it's necessary...

blue
    1999 TransAm

Tomorrow, Tomorrow, ...the Trumpster Reveals the SCOTUS PICK!!!

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

For Trump, it's probably mostly about screening refugees, but there are at least several thousand well-educated, gainfully employed legal residents from those countries put in jeopardy over in the past few days. Not many people want individuals like that banned from the USA (though there's the issue of foreigners being imported to undercut American jobs). Add to the list many businesses now mad at Trump.

I kinda have to lmao at impeachment Trump talk. If anything, I've learn that threat doesn't have any bite anymore since Clinton. Hurting someone's feelings gets you impeached vs, rape allegations or using the IRS as a political weapon, gun running, or leaving a US Embassy to defend itself doesn't. All this bs from the leftist snowflakes is something that has been a long time coming. As much as I don't like nor supported him kinda happy to see him rub salt in their butthurt
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403 built, breaking it in , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, Monster Stg 4 Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, UMI: SFC, PHB, LCA's, LCA Relocation Brackets & TA, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/4.10 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

blue
    1999 TransAm

...from a constitutional law expert:

blue
    1999 TransAm

...didn't take long for the community agitator to jump into the fray...

Obama Urges Community Organizing in Response to Donald Trump

blue
    1999 TransAm

Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst 12345678925354555 ... LastLast

Thread Information