Black
    02 WS6 M6

weight distribution question

If i remove the backseat, belts, spare and jack, will the weight distribution change enough to negatively affect handling? Has anyone tried this?

White red
    98 SS 17 Grand Sport

I have autox my car with the all that stuff in my and without. I couldnt tell a difference, but weight is the enemy and less you have the better. The car will brake, accellerate faster and probably will handle a little better when doing quick transitions.(slalom)
    What might help is to move the battery to the rear of the car where the spare tire goes.

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

If you're using the car to autocross and you're going to remove the seats I'd say that you need to get it on some scales to see where the weight is at. What you want to get is a 50/50 weight distribution on the car. If I remember correctely I think stock F-bodys have about a 60/40 ratio out of the factory. It may be a little less but I think you're dealing with more weight in the front. Again, if you have access to car scales and can weigh the car at all four tires you'll be able to get an idea what you need to do with it. It also depends on what class you're running.....if you're running FS you cant even take the seats out........gotta run it like it stands with the exception of tires, shocks, and front sway bar change.......

Black
    02 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by cailey37 View Post
    If you're using the car to autocross .....if you're running FS you cant even take the seats out........gotta run it like it stands with the exception of tires, shocks, and front sway bar change.......
    Do you know if I can put Baer Eradispeed rotors on? They are supposedly a direct replacement. Eradispeeds OWN!

Black
    02 WS6 M6

FWIW:

I did remove all the dead weight in back and after removal and weighing, I get to the nearest 5 lbs:
    Front: 2080 (57%)
    Back: 1570 (43%)
    Total 3655 (100%) - includes me (@215lbs), 1/2 tank, and the mandatory G-tech pro and legal paperwork.

So it looks like a stock is even closer to 50-50 than you thought.
    Last edited by Raven98Z28; 07-09-2006 at 10:53 AM. Reason: I'm a dumbass and calculated backwards...
    THEN: 98 Z28 A4 2.73 FRA STB SFCs LCA Relocators Lowering Springs DAPHR SLP Bilsteins Descr. MAF EGRCut-off Lid Eradispeeds - Daily Driver includ. 3 yrs on the German Autobahn!

NOW: '02 WS6 M6 LOTB BMR STB, SLP bolt-in SFCs, !spare/jack, SLP lid, Battery Relocation

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Raven98Z28 View Post
    Do you know if I can put Baer Eradispeed rotors on? They are supposedly a direct replacement. Eradispeeds OWN!
    It depends on the class....if you're trying to run stock then no.....it would of had to come on the car from the factory......

Thread Information