ECTA Maxton

This is a discussion on ECTA Maxton within the Road Racing / AutoX forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Has anyone raced their car at the East Coast Timing Associations standing mile at Maxton N.C.? I have read about ...

1966 Chevelle Convertible
    1998 Z/28, 1970 AAR Cuda

ECTA Maxton

Has anyone raced their car at the East Coast Timing Associations standing mile at Maxton N.C.? I have read about this event but have not been able to attend, but hope to race their in the future. Its like a little Bonniville.

Awaiting Activation

SOM
    1998 T.A.

I attended the one back in Sept. Lots of fun and met a lot of super nice people. You have to qualify to run different speeds and the fastest you can run w/o a cage is 150. If you break out they throw you off the track. I'll try to remember to post some pics....

Lots of 200mph= bikes but the only 200mph car I saw was a F*rd GT 500. An older Guy and his 19yr. old son took turns. There was also a bone stock LS2 in a Studebaker that did 160.I went up to talk to him Sunday morning as he swapping seats and I asked why he was doing that and he replied "the race seat is a little uncomfortable for the ride home. I said where ya from. He replied "Canada". Can you believe that!!

I plan to go in April because that is their biggest car event with HOTRod magazine covering...

I really want to go to the Texas mile because no cage is required to run unlimited speeds from what I know. Hell me and a C5 ran about two miles over 150mph recently on 440 near Cary about 345 a.m.
    Last edited by SOMbitch; 11-20-2009 at 02:54 PM. Reason: spelling

1998 Z/28, 1970 AAR Cuda

Are you saying that you dont need a roll bar unless you go over 150mph?

Awaiting Activation

SOM
    1998 T.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixpack View Post
    Are you saying that you dont need a roll bar unless you go over 150mph?

Yes sir.

It is $100 a year to join and you can run as many times as you can get through the line

1998 Z/28, 1970 AAR Cuda

For some reason I thought that you had to have a roll bar if you ran over 135mph. I guess I need to buy a rule book.

Thread Information