Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

wooooo 12s in my stock ss!!!!!!

This is a discussion on wooooo 12s in my stock ss!!!!!! within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; My surveying degree is actually a civil engineering/surveying degree...but the civil side is worthless aside from boosting my civil drafting ...

Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

My surveying degree is actually a civil engineering/surveying degree...but the civil side is worthless aside from boosting my civil drafting experience (I also have a design drafting degree). I was two semesters away from a bachelor's when the program fell through due to instructors leaving, and no one to fill the gaps... fortunately, for the surveying side of things, you can have a 2-year degree/6 years experience and still become licensed.

Once I become licensed, I will have my 10 second car. And no, Paul Walker isn't gonna help me build it.
    Last edited by Y2KArcticSS; 04-15-2011 at 06:18 AM.

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    My surveying degree is actually a civil engineering/surveying degree...but the civil side is worthless aside from boosting my civil drafting experience (I also have a design drafting degree). I was two semesters away from a bachelor's when the program fell through due to instructors leaving, and no one to fill the gaps... fortunately, for the surveying side of things, you can have a 2-year degree/6 years experience and still become licensed.

Once I become licensed, I will have my 10 second car. And no, Paul Walker isn't gonna help me build it.
    nice and ive messed with civil but im not really in to it too much. i really like structural just because i can use my creativity and such

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    nice and ive messed with civil but im not really in to it too much. i really like structural just because i can use my creativity and such
    I really liked my statics class, and that somewhat gave me an interest in structural. Never got to my dynamics or thermodynamics though And there was no structural specific program unless I jumped over to Stillwater or Norman and paid a bazillion dollars in loans to cover the epic price my OHLAP wouldn't necessarily pay for...

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

what kind of engineer
    I'm a Senior Project Engineer with a Mechanical Engineering Degree from a top 10 engineering school and I also have my MBA from an accredited school.

Even Vice President's of Engineering Departments do not make anywhere close to that.

Those are Doctor salaries.

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I'm a Senior Project Engineer with a Mechanical Engineering Degree from a top 10 engineering school and I also have my MBA from an accredited school.

Even Vice President's of Engineering Departments do not make anywhere close to that.

You would have to go overseas on some outrageous projects to make that kind of money, and to even do that you would have to be VERY reputable with many years of experience...

Here in OK, I could see you easily making 60k as an EI, probably 70-100k max with a PE and experience. Unless you start a company with other engineers under you...but then you become a business owner over being an engineer...and that's a whole different world.

Anyway, I think we are getting waaaay off base, and I don't want to get another thread closed.

35th, are you going to put yours down the track at all when you get the build done?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I will be going to the track, assuming I can pick up some extra wheels/slicks to put on it.

I just have Nitto DR's on the car now, which is going to be a traction nightmare even on the street.

Some parts are supposed to arrive today!! Mark has my gauges and a few smaller other items to ship still. He is just waiting on the 2011 ATI FMIC to arrive from Procharger before he UPS's everything else to me.

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

I will be going to the track, assuming I can pick up some extra wheels/slicks to put on it.

I just have Nitto DR's on the car now, which is going to be a traction nightmare even on the street.

Some parts are supposed to arrive today!! Mark has my gauges and a few smaller other items to ship still. He is just waiting on the 2011 ATI FMIC to arrive from Procharger before he UPS's everything else to me.
    Ah, waiting on the new model eh. Did they make some upgrades to their chargers or something?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Ah, waiting on the new model eh. Did they make some upgrades to their chargers or something?
    ATI made a new design FMIC specifically for f-body's this year. The fitment and piping is supposed to be a lot better on our cars. The previous FMIC were just generic FMIC's for any car that took a lot of fabrication to get to fit right.

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

You would have to go overseas on some outrageous projects to make that kind of money, and to even do that you would have to be VERY reputable with many years of experience...

Here in OK, I could see you easily making 60k as an EI, probably 70-100k max with a PE and experience. Unless you start a company with other engineers under you...but then you become a business owner over being an engineer...and that's a whole different world.

Anyway, I think we are getting waaaay off base, and I don't want to get another thread closed.

35th, are you going to put yours down the track at all when you get the build done?
    oh you all are confused i was talking about dealing crack as a side job while i was an engineer

you should come to meridian cruise tomorrow artic. i take you for a ride on the spray

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

ATI made a new design FMIC specifically for f-body's this year. The fitment and piping is supposed to be a lot better on our cars. The previous FMIC were just generic FMIC's for any car that took a lot of fabrication to get to fit right.
    That's pretty awesome, I'll keep that in my mind for the future. I go back and forth in my plans, between n/a and FI, rebuild or buy new, etc. I probably won't make up my mind until I actually start doing it.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

That's pretty awesome, I'll keep that in my mind for the future. I go back and forth in my plans, between n/a and FI, rebuild or buy new, etc. I probably won't make up my mind until I actually start doing it.
    This was the same problem I had for 2 years. I finally just pulled the trigger. Problem solved

I'm still not 100% done, but I am VERY close now, as I should be for what I have into my car to date

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

2.0 60' here on street tires. but still pulled out a 12.7 @ 110.however i spun all the way to third. so with a good 60' and being able to keep it planted i should get a 12.5 or so. then with a convertor and gears im looking at 11's and low 11's on spray if i lucky
    If you get in the 11's with just a converter and gears please show me the slips and video. Now if you show me a 11 with a cam or nitrous I might agree.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Wicked - what are your current mods?

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Wicked - what are your current mods?
    228R TSP cam, P&P 243 heads, LT's, lid, tune but nothing out of the ordinary. the car needs a convertor BAD. thats whats killing my times and my street manners right now.

EDIT: nitrous too but only if needed
    Last edited by WICKEDLS1; 04-19-2011 at 05:47 AM.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

228R TSP cam, P&P 243 heads, LT's, lid, tune but nothing out of the ordinary. the car needs a convertor BAD. thats whats killing my times and my street manners right now.
    Okay so you have a cam and p&p heads!! The converter and gears should get you where you want!! Cam only here with stock heads and bottom end.

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    Okay so you have a cam and p&p heads!! The converter and gears should get you where you want!! Cam only here with stock heads and bottom end.
    yeah thats what im hoping. after that im done as far as mods go for a while. i figure a mid to low 11 sec car is plenty fast enough for the street

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

yeah thats what im hoping. after that im done as far as mods go for a while. i figure a mid to low 11 sec car is plenty fast enough for the street
    This is also what I am hoping for.

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

This is also what I am hoping for.
    yeah thats why im using spray cause i can afford a method of FI

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

yeah thats why im using spray cause i can afford a method of FI
    I can't either Seriously. But I just said what the hell.

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

I can't either Seriously. But I just said what the hell.
    yeah but im sure it will be worth it in the end. my dad has a T4 or something like that sitting in the garage. if i can ever talk him out of it i might end up doing a front mount on my car in the future.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information