Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Who's Power Shifting?

This is a discussion on Who's Power Shifting? within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by ThackerSS http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...EzZGZkMzF5NTQx Left Click, Do not right click save as. ^^^ I power shift. Don't ever take ...

Onyx Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by ThackerSS
    http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...EzZGZkMzF5NTQx

Left Click, Do not right click save as. ^^^

I power shift. Don't ever take your foot off the floor and knab the clutch as fast as you can. Doesn't look THAT fast in the video, as I was being a bit casual.. but if you close your eyes and listen to the shifts it still sounds awfully fast.
    Wow, that looks and sounds like quick shifting. Looks like you don't let up off the gas, is that correct? Doesn't the engine rev when you push in the clutch to shift into the next gear? I didn't hear or see it, but I guess that's power shifting. Love the sound of that LS1... Love that little kick you and your friend got when you mashed in 1st.

00' Camaro SS, 03' z71

Quote Originally Posted by Contra[SS]
    Wow, that looks and sounds like quick shifting. Looks like you don't let up off the gas, is that correct? Doesn't the engine rev when you push in the clutch to shift into the next gear? I didn't hear or see it, but I guess that's power shifting. Love the sound of that LS1... Love that little kick you and your friend got when you mashed in 1st.

If you are quick enough, the revs should only raise 50-100 between shifts. On cool days when I am not running my slicks or drag radials on the street, it can create some major traction issues going into second, third.. and sometimes even fourth.

But no.. never let off the gas. When I first started I couldn't keep it off the rev limiter. I got to the point I could hit it around 6700, with my limiter at 6950, and I could keep it off the limiter.

It helped that I got a 5 inch tach, that was way more accurate, and had a shift light. Stock tach is very weak.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information