View Poll Results: Who drives thier cars to the track?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I drive to and from the track.

41 89.13%
  • No, I trailor my car to and from the track.

2 4.35%
  • If I had a truck/trailor, I would trailor the car

9 19.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Who here drives their cars to the track?

This is a discussion on Who here drives their cars to the track? within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Drive to and from the track. Approx 20miles Raceway Park, NJ (I live in NY) 451RWHP Driving on 315 Nitto ...

Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

Drive to and from the track.

Approx 20miles
    Raceway Park, NJ (I live in NY)
    451RWHP
    Driving on 315 Nitto 555r
    No problems

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by NeeD4SpeeD View Post
    Driving on 315 Nitto 555r
    Those are my street tires.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Those are my street tires.....
    Same here

I have MT DR's i have for the track that i throw in the trunk and put on when i get there

Mag Red
    1999 Covette

Is there any other way!
    Last edited by Qwk Vet; 09-08-2009 at 09:58 PM.
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a274/starstrucked7/drag10b-75-1.jpg

Fastest A4 Coupe Bolt On's
    11.55 @ 118.12 mph

99 Vette Mag Red * 99 Vette Nassau Blue
    93 Vette 40th formerly owned by Billy Ray Cyrus 10K miles 4 sale
    99 Trans Am WS6 6 speed * 01 CTS Caddy
    00 Custom Chopper 113ci

HELL NO! And wouldn't have it anyother way! There's just something about drilling off the street DRs and slapping on some wrinkle walls that makes me get all amped up inside... Kinda like the quiet before the storm

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Sure would have been nice to have a trailor and truck tonight when I ran over a piece of steel and ruined my MT at the track.

That kinda stuff is what im talking about. The un-known. It has nothing to do with being street worthy. Hell I drove 150 miles today in the TA. But things break, shit happens. And damnit, I want a trailor.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Sure would have been nice to have a trailor and truck tonight when I ran over a piece of steel and ruined my MT at the track.

That kinda stuff is what im talking about. The un-known. It has nothing to do with being street worthy. Hell I drove 150 miles today in the TA. But things break, shit happens. And damnit, I want a trailor.
    Ya there are things you can't plan for, and you can only pack so much in the car.
    Which is why when I do drive to the track, it's ready to go as is,,,not tire swapping etc,,,,I just don't like to leave all my junk laying around in the pits for anyone with sticky fingers to grab while it's unattended and I'm sitting in the staging lanes unknowing.
    So for any serious event, or an entire weekend planned at the track for those larger long distance events, a trailer becomes a necessity. Did the open trailer for a few years, still can't lock your junk up though, sitting overnight is tempting to the would be thief.
    Finally realized enclosed is the way to go, and never looked back. Especially in parts of the country where weather is unpredictable, you have some shelter to protect your belongings and yourself. If you decide to buy a trailer, give enclosed a serious look. I wished I would have bought mine many years sooner.
    Then of course you also need a decent truck to pull it,,,that's another factor.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 09-10-2009 at 09:39 AM.

white
    2000 Z28

i dont go often, and its a 15 minute drive. but for some reason when i go i am lucky to get 4 runs in. no change of parts for the strip. i drive what i have just with lower psi in the tires. otherwise exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by 00z28bubba View Post
    i dont go often, and its a 15 minute drive. but for some reason when i go i am lucky to get 4 runs in. no change of parts for the strip. i drive what i have just with lower psi in the tires. otherwise exactly the same.
    Man I wish I lived 15 minutes from a track. I've never been closer than an hour and 15 minutes at the least.
    If they ever build a track they have been talking about at the fairgrounds over here I'd be 5 minutes away. But I don't look for that to happen this day and age anymore.

white
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Man I wish I lived 15 minutes from a track. I've never been closer than an hour and 15 minutes at the least.
    If they ever build a track they have been talking about at the fairgrounds over here I'd be 5 minutes away. But I don't look for that to happen this day and age anymore.
    its nice but all my friends go like 1 time a year. its almost feels like im asking for a favor when i invite them to go. that is just to watch. not run. but they like to play on the streets and i dont.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by 00z28bubba View Post
    its nice but all my friends go like 1 time a year. its almost feels like im asking for a favor when i invite them to go. that is just to watch. not run. but they like to play on the streets and i dont.
    Your smater then them. Go by yourself if you have to. I have once before. It wasnt the most fun Ive ever had at the track before, but it was better then getting a ticket. We all play on the street to some degree, but you gotta draw the line somewhere.

white
    2000 Z28

Your smater then them. Go by yourself if you have to. I have once before. It wasnt the most fun Ive ever had at the track before, but it was better then getting a ticket. We all play on the street to some degree, but you gotta draw the line somewhere.
    i havent had a reason to race lately. no new mods and i want to wait til i get better meats at least. the only thing that is different from the last time i raced is the ls6 intake but its also still very hot. i dont wanna go and expect a slower time ya know. besides i just dont care for the "street" scene. the hondas arent big on the track because they dont allow engine swaps for the midnight mayhem deal. its metros alternative to street racing but they do it like once a month. and have been cracking down on major mods. they dont mind bolt ons but they need to be street cars.

Black
    1968 Camaro

The only problem with driving to the track is if you break...your on the hook. Some people think that there is someone giving free out hero buscuts for "driving" their cars to the track. In all reality, its not always afordable to have a truck and trailer sitting around to only use to Test and Tune your car on a friday or saturday but when you weight the pros and cons of having large $$$ in a race motor/trans/rear to wear it out on unwanted travel its kind of worth it. And sure there does come a time when the car will not be as drivable as it was when it was new. Race parts are not built to last for 250,000 miles. And most people have RACE cars on the street with plates and insurance. Im guilty of that as well. I have a 9 second street car that does retarded wheelstands that sits because its too crazy to drive on the street. I have more fun with my 68 Camaro which is a dedicated race car. Its made me a few bucks racing (not enough to quit my job or anything) and its fun to drive. Way more fun than looking over my sholder for cops when im chugging around town in my race car with licence plates. And where I come from there is no more street racing so why drive around in a loud obnoxious car for nothing. Its like walking around with a loaded gun. Drop the hammer once and the cherries are on.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

God Hi-Po, I would be super excited if I could get a 1.9 60'. I am so sick of getting 2.2's. If I would have gotten a rear end and not race on street tires I may be able to pull off a little better

I go alone at times. Those are also times I tend to tow the car, so I don't have to depend on someone else to help me home if something breaks I've always been a believer of supporting the local tracks. We really need more of them around. Shame to see so many close. Fewer tracks means more people resort to street racing. Something I was guilty of in my teen years. As you get older you have too much to risk losing. Some tracks realize this and have street racing programs to lure kids off the street, with lower ticket prices and such.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I drive it there and back but sure wish I didn't have too. I'm on pins and needles when running it figuring this is the pass that's gonna bust the tranny.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information