What should my car run in 1/4?

This is a discussion on What should my car run in 1/4? within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; I was curious to see what you guys would think my car would run in a 1/4. 2000 Trans Am, ...

Metallic Blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

What should my car run in 1/4?

I was curious to see what you guys would think my car would run in a 1/4.
    2000 Trans Am, mods so far are slp exhaust, descreened MAF, Lid, K&N filter and cold air induction coming from underneath. Also car is a 6 speed.

Your car is basically stock and should run anywhere from mid 13s to low 13s if you can drive.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    mid 13's.. i dont think you'll see nothin much under 13.5 unless you can launch on street tires like a friggin god
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

Metallic Blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Do you think I will be able to break into the 12s with headers and a good tune?

It depends on what you can run now. There are a lot of variables that go into 1/4 mile times. How well you can drive, altitude, track conditions, how fast your car was stock, etc... I've seen people running mid 13s with full bolt ons and others running high 12s stock. I would think you could be in the high 12s but you will only know by taking it to the track.

Metallic Blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Whats faster in a quarter an A4 or M6? Or are they about the same

Stock an m6.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

i ran a 106mph but i didnt get the time because there was no power on the upper part ot the amber display, and the personel at the track didnt have a tree. the only way to know if you won were two cement powder lines accros the finish line and the guy who launched you was the one that decieded, the only thing suffisticated about that track was the chrono at the end that only told you the time. any how worst track i ever been to there were a bunch of bumps on the right lane we had a play a rock papper scissor game to see who would get the good lane. horrible man.

Thread Information