Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Went to the track, killed some cobras...

This is a discussion on Went to the track, killed some cobras... within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Wow....didn't know the price of lightly-modified Cobras had gone up that much. Also, very, very, very few 03/04 Cobras are ...

Sinister, SixGun
    2001 SS, 2002 L36 M5

Wow....didn't know the price of lightly-modified Cobras had gone up that much.

Also, very, very, very few 03/04 Cobras are "cammed" - especially those that are supposedly making 22 lbs of boost (law of diminishing returns, given the cost of replacing all those cams). Going further, 22 lbs of boost means well north of 600 RWHP. If the guy was only running high 7's in the 8th, then you beat a poor driver.

Still a win, of course.
    im just going by what i was told. the red vert supposedly had over 60 in it, and the black one was approx 50 he said. and they had a dyno sheet showing something like 550hp. both cars were at least, exhausted, intercooled, full intake, tuned, one was sprayed and both had some good drag tires.

blkcloud, i may have beat a poor driver, or a car that wouldnt hook, or whatever, but i do appreciate the win is a win statement thanks

trickstang, it obviously burns you up that this happened. sorry that you werent there to prevent it.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Ok - one or both of them was blowing smoke up your Derriere.

- Only an aftermarket blower will make 22 lbs of boost, so they either had a KB/Whipple, or weren't making 22 lbs.

- All 03/04 Cobras are intercooled from the factory.

- There are no aftermarket intakes for Cobras.

It would be interesting to see the timeslips for all (if you could post them). I say this, because while you had a very high 1/8th mile MPH (good for probably 120-ish in the 1/4), your ET wasn't very good for that MPH, indicating a lot of spin. Assuming they had ~550 RWHP, then I suspect they had even more spin, and those "good drag tires" weren't doing any good at all.

Finally....it is quite possible that they had put a total of $50k+ in the cars (price of the car plus mods) but there is no way on God's green earth that their market value would be anywhere near that right now. In fact, assuming mods needed to make 550 RWHP, but in otherwise good condition, probably $25k-$30k.

Sinister, SixGun
    2001 SS, 2002 L36 M5

i agree, the market value isnt going to be that much. i assume that they were tlaking about money invested.

the red car had a KB charger. and by intake, i mean CAI, as the supercharg ris the intake.

the only timeslip i have from both of us running is the run aginst the black car,

his times were:

60' - 1.91

330 - 5.317

594 - 7.52

1/8 - 7.998

also the cars were running aftermarket intercoolers. not sure of the brand, but were polished and some kind of fabbed aluminum.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Yes, there are several aftermarket heat exchangers made. I had one on the 04 Cobra I used to own. Much larger than stock, looked better, and per my data logging, a complete waste of money. You should tell them as much if you see them again.

What was the MPH for that car? How about the other one? 1.91 on any sort of sticky tires is horrid - unless he is just completely and totally blowing the tires off. 1.91 on a true street tire would be outstanding with a manual tranny.

Did you lose the other timeslip or what?

Sinister, SixGun
    2001 SS, 2002 L36 M5

his mph was 95, so he was running when he got her moving.

I had NT on my window, so the track wouldn't show our times, the one timeslip i have is because the guy who hands out the slips forgot to separate them.

the red car ra within a car or two of me, i blew my MAF at the end of the last pass but still won by a couple feet.

i believe they were running MT ET Street Radials. the same thing i was.

ive since ordered some plain ET streets, 26x11.5x17, basically cheater slicks. ive got to get my 60' down.

i would like to tell them about the coolers, but the kid's dad (i ran the son and his dad owned the cars) was a real prick and knew it all. thats the reason im so proud of what happened. i dont care to lose, but winning is always better, especially when someone is talking trash.

they were at my car as soon as i pulled in wanting to race and telling me how they were going to spank me.

after we were done racing, the guys dad was making excuses, but his son came over and talked to me. i told him that we'd do it again when he got his spray working. im not sure how im gonna do aginst 2 power adders, but its for fun, so i dont really care. ive got a car that runs 8's in the 1/4 so i have nothing to prove

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Fury_786 View Post
    im just going by what i was told. the red vert supposedly had over 60 in it, and the black one was approx 50 he said. and they had a dyno sheet showing something like 550hp. both cars were at least, exhausted, intercooled, full intake, tuned, one was sprayed and both had some good drag tires.

blkcloud, i may have beat a poor driver, or a car that wouldnt hook, or whatever, but i do appreciate the win is a win statement thanks

trickstang, it obviously burns you up that this happened. sorry that you werent there to prevent it.
    nah, not at all. i dont even really care all that much when i lose at the track, i could care less about someone else's losses. just your $100000 statement does not add up at all.

and if that KB cobra was trapping 95 in the 1/8, that would be about 120-122 in the 1/4, well WELL below where it should be. I mean, its possible, someone on the svt boards (svtperformance) just posted up his times with three slips of him trapping 120-121 in his KB cobra, but he is pretty distrought as to why his car is trapping so low. Looks like he's down almost 100rwhp. It should be ATLEAST 127+.

500 rwhp (ported stock blower range) should be in the 120-123's and higher.

12.718 @ 117.47

Black
    2001 Camaro z28

those cobras are not worth even close 50k

since when does it cost 25k+ to put boltons on a cobra.

you were racing bullshiters. but at least you beat them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information