Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

went to the track

This is a discussion on went to the track within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Z28Thunder Yes Colonial via the weather site is 10 ft above. And Sumerduck per the same site ...

RED
    2002/Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    Yes Colonial via the weather site is 10 ft above. And Sumerduck per the same site is 236 above above.

Colonial DA is currently -1274
    Sumerduck DA is currnetly -1777
    Then I won't run much better at sea level what I run at colonial beach then. because 10ft isnt much at all above sea level.Are them good DA's. I dont now much about DA's.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by EVIL-LS1 View Post
    Then I won't run much better at sea level what I run at colonial beach then. because 10ft isnt much at all above sea level.Are them good DA's. I dont now much about DA's.
    You cant say you wont run better ( some days maybe many will be better at 10 ft). Again it is all based on the weather Air Temp,Dew Point,Altimeter setting and Altituded. Is a -1274 or -1177 (posted -1777 in last comment that was incorrect) a good DA... Alot of people would be happy with DA's below 1000/500. A negative DA is a very good DA. But it is also 44 degrees there. Kinda hard to hook when it gets cold..

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Thunder's car is nothing but a stock Z with a honduh hood, don't listen to him

RED
    2002/Z28

Thanks for the info. His car looks bad ass from is avatar..

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    Thunder's car is nothing but a stock Z with a honduh hood, don't listen to him
    Want pictures of the Tpye R badge I have on the back???

And MasterCraft I will be glad to race you stock to stock....

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Want pictures of the Tpye R badge I have on the back???

And MasterCraft I will be glad to race you stock to stock....
    Ok, I'll be getting the last of my "stock replacements" in at the end of next week

Jimmy, his car is definately not stock, from what I understand he's running well into the 11s on his DD setup (wheels/tires). Guess it's kinda hard to understand sarcasm over the internet

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

You cant say you wont run better ( some days maybe many will be better at 10 ft). Again it is all based on the weather Air Temp,Dew Point,Altimeter setting and Altituded. Is a -1274 or -1177 (posted -1777 in last comment that was incorrect) a good DA... Alot of people would be happy with DA's below 1000/500. A negative DA is a very good DA. But it is also 44 degrees there. Kinda hard to hook when it gets cold..
    That's when VHT comes in real handy...

And living here in PHX I'd kill for some negative DA.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post

Even with VHT it can be hard to hook in the cold. Not saying you cant do it and I have ran on a -200 DA day here it can just be tough. Now if they put 50 gallon drum after drum of VHT out heck yeah... Cold weather racing here is after the NHRA/IHRA season's... While they will put the VHT down. They do not put it down like they do during the race season.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Ok, I'll be getting the last of my "stock replacements" in at the end of next week

Jimmy, his car is definately not stock, from what I understand he's running well into the 11s on his DD setup (wheels/tires). Guess it's kinda hard to understand sarcasm over the internet
    I was joking right along with you... Hmmm a 11 second car sounds like fun. We need to run...

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

I was joking right along with you... Hmmm a 11 second car sounds like fun. We need to run...
    For sure, but I'm ok with bench racing timeslips against one another, cause i'm not coming to OK to run ya... I'd only do it to piss off P

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

For sure, but I'm ok with bench racing timeslips against one another, cause i'm not coming to OK to run ya... I'd only do it to piss off P
    Racing P for you... Would be like a stock LS1 racing a stock 01,02 GT... The skinnys and slicks would be on here. Might as well do it by many many bus lengths...

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post

I've noticed the DA's out here are much better than what I had in Ohio.

Ohio tracks were only open during spring and summer months, with high humidity, most of the time you hit the track when it was 90+ and 90% humidity and a dew point of 70 degrees. Feels like well over 100 degrees and sweating like a pig. Miserable weather to be in let alone race. DA's were always over 3,000 feet or more.

In AZ the tracks are open year round. It's nice to race in Oct-April when the weather is cool, most of the time in the low 70's with 15% humidity and dew points in the single digits. I've found the DA's as low as 1,200 feet so far and the worst I've encountered here is 2,600 feet.
    I'm sure as it heats up in the summer (100+) the DA gets worse, even though it is afterall a dry heat and much more comfortable than what I'm used to I see no reason to race in it when you have so many months down here of nice cool weather and great DA numbers.

Well I shouldn't say great DA, but much better than what I'm used to. At least we can race year round and pick and choose what DA we want to run in.

Black
    00 WS6

There are a few days a year that Ohio gets good racing weather....I'm pretty sure I got to run when the DA was below 1,000 last fall, I'll look for my time slips.

Quote Originally Posted by qwk93ta View Post
    There are a few days a year that Ohio gets good racing weather....I'm pretty sure I got to run when the DA was below 1,000 last fall, I'll look for my time slips.
    Ya, the 2 tracks I frequented (Edgewater and Tristate) closed after October. My problem was finding a good saturday when there wasn't a chance of rain So I never really got to experience a good DA out there.
    All of the big meets I attended were right smack dab in the middle of summer heat and humidity with lovely 3,000+ DA numbers.

What really sucked was in November through April when there were still some really beautiful fall and spring days with low humidity but the tracks were all closed for the season We had plenty of winters where it really didn't snow much and temps were in the 50's or 60's during some of those months.

That's what is so nice about AZ out here. Winters are very mild and the tracks are open year round. And it rarely ever rains out here much compared to SW Ohio so planning ahead of time is easy.

RED
    2002/Z28

I Just Ordered Theses Parts Pacesetter Ceramic Coated LT's/TSP ORY, Circle D 3000-3200 Stall and B&M Super Cooler 29,200 GVW and 29,200 BTU.

Black
    2000 Z-28

I Just Ordered Theses Parts Pacesetter Ceramic Coated LT's/TSP ORY, Circle D 3000-3200 Stall and B&M Super Cooler 29,200 GVW and 29,200 BTU.
    Nice mods...you should be able to drop around .7 in the quarter w/ those upgrades. Hope you have drag radials too!

RED
    2002/Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    Nice mods...you should be able to drop around .7 in the quarter w/ those upgrades. Hope you have drag radials too!
    Thanks Ya I have 275x40x17 M/T Drag Radials. But I have to find 2 17" wheels. I would be happy with .7 drop with them mods. Iam also doing 342/373 gears also Iam getting a rearend for free. Iam getting Frost to tune it.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Run it yet or what?

RED
    2002/Z28

Run it yet or what?
    I have ran it plenty of times,Iam not the one afraid to run my car t the track.I don't give a rats ass if people see what my car runs. I haven't installed the Stall,160stat,LT's/ORY/DR's/Frost tune yet.

I will be at sumerduck Thursdaynight trying to win the 16 car street car ran again.
    Last edited by EVIL-LS1; 05-22-2010 at 02:45 PM.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

I have ran it plenty of times,Iam not the one afraid to run my car t the track.I don't give a rats ass if people see what my car runs. I haven't installed the Stall,160stat,LT's/ORY/DR's/Frost tune yet.

I will be at sumerduck Thursdaynight trying to win the 16 car street car ran again.
    If that was pointed in my direction, I leave my house at 4:30am and don't get home till 6:40-7pm Monday through Friday, big guy. To be perfectly honest, I could care less what my car runs, I just know it's faster than this other guy's red 02 Z28

2000 Z - Light Pewter Metallic - A4 - 130k - Bolt Ons - My Pride and Joy
    2002 C5 - Electron Blue - M6 - 32k - My Dream Car

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information