Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

went to the track

This is a discussion on went to the track within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Sumerduck and colonial beach.....

RED
    2002/Z28

Sumerduck and colonial beach..

RED
    2002/Z28

I cant wait till I do the gears,160,Drag Radials. I might by a Yank 9.5" 3500 stall from a friend hes going 4000 Stall. But his 2nd gear in his car is slipping so would the converter still be fine.

Black
    2000 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by 1Bad97Ram View Post
    I cant wait till I do the gears,160,Drag Radials. I might by a Yank 9.5" 3500 stall from a friend hes going 4000 Stall. But his 2nd gear in his car is slipping so would the converter still be fine.
    If you're unsure you can send it back to yank.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I did, but it'll cost ya...

RED
    2002/Z28

Can I take it to my Buddy's transmission shop could he tell if Its still good. He does all my dads and Buddy's transmissions. He hasnt gave me a price or if he made up his mind yet. Should 3500 stall 373 gears and Drag Radials help me alot.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by 1Bad97Ram View Post
    Can I take it to my Buddy's transmission shop could he tell if Its still good. He does all my dads and Buddy's transmissions. He hasnt gave me a price or if he made up his mind yet. Should 3500 stall 373 gears and Drag Radials help me alot.
    Yes. I already had the exhaust done (QTP SS LT's, 2.5" true duals with an X-pipe using Magna Flows all dumped at the axle - no cats) and I picked up almost 1/2 second by adding a 3400 Fuddle (with tranny mods - reprogrammed, bypass mod, beast sun shell, better clutches, cooler - DO NOT FORGET THE COOLER - disabled TM), 3.73 gears (I had 2.73's also) and better tires. I had Nitto 555r's but the TC blew them off. I now have M/T DR's (255/16/50) and I get consistant 1.74-1.76 60' and 12.80-12.70 ET's @ ~ 106 mph (1/4 mile track). I just recently did this work and I know it'll go faster. My best prior to that was 1.99 60' with a 13.1x @ 107 mph.

Also, do you have sub frame connectors? If not then get some weld in types that go all the way back to the control arm bolt. I assume you want to be able to have the doors close and the windows to seal tight. Don't do it and you'll twist the car like a pretzel.

RED
    2002/Z28

I dont have sub frame connectors yet. But I am looking at getting some.I was gonna get weld in type.

RED
    2002/Z28

Both sumer duck and colonial beach drag way has closed for 2009.

I had a new driver side cat put on the car the SES light came on and it was a bad/clogged Cat. I had 2 new knock sensors put in also My SLP Y/SLP Loudmouth 1 and I took out my Spare Tire and Jack since last time I raced.

I had fun this summer running my car. Now I have all winter to do what I want to the car. 373s,DR's,160,Sub Frame Connectors,Strut tower brace.
    Last edited by EVIL-LS1; 01-10-2010 at 03:02 PM.

white
    83 mustang coupe

keep us all up to date man, I think its great to see a car go from stock e/t's to built e/t's little by little.

RED
    2002/Z28

Quote Originally Posted by crossbredfoxbody View Post
    keep us all up to date man, I think its great to see a car go from stock e/t's to built e/t's little by little.

Sure will keep you up dated. I ordered Weld in Sub frame connectors and Strut Tower Brace Thursday night. My next mod will be 373s,DR's,160,LT's/ORY pipe.Tune. Should I get it tuned for the 160 and 373 gears. Because I was gonna wait to get it tuned till I do LT's/ORY. But If I gotta get it tuned I will..

I will be going to the track in February But Iam gonna install my sub frame connectors/Strut tower brace before I go backSince I ran it I took out my spare tire and jack.I might take my Front sway bar off also. Iam gonna do skinny/wide wheels and tires also..
    Last edited by EVIL-LS1; 01-10-2010 at 03:00 PM.

white
    83 mustang coupe

All I would do for right now is have the speedo calibrated and tune it when you do a bigger mod.

RED
    2002/Z28

Quote Originally Posted by crossbredfoxbody View Post
    All I would do for right now is have the speedo calibrated and tune it when you do a bigger mod.
    ok thanks,When I do 373s Iam gonna install my 160 thermostat also so get the fans tuned to come on earlyer, So when I do LT's/ORY get it tuned. After I do LT's/ORY I will see how it runs and if Iam happy Iam gonna be set for a while then I will do a 3200-3500 stall converter.

RED
    2002/Z28

Quote Originally Posted by EVIL-LS1 View Post
    Right now my mods are. SLP Lid,Delphi 85mm MAF,K&N,Throttle Body Bypass,SLP Y,SLP Loudmouth 1..I have a Hypertech 160 but iam gonna wait till I do 373 gears for I can tune for both. The best I have ran without The Y,Loudmouth 1 has been 8.7s@83.86 at Colonial beach and 8.8s@81 mph at sumerduck... I was hoping with Y,Loudmouth 1 and 373 gears and sticky tires and a tune I was hoping for 8.20s-8.30s.

Tonight I went to Sumerduck I added SLP Y,SLP Loudmouth 1 and P&P TB,FRA..I ran a 8.6s@83mph.. My resent best at sumerduck was a 8.8s@81 mph.
    Last edited by EVIL-LS1; 03-20-2010 at 10:44 PM.

I didn't think you would see much (if any) gain from the minor changes you've made. Your best before that was 8.70 at 83.xx compared to your most recent pass of 8.60's at 83.xx

Get a converter in that thing, along with a tune and watch the ET's drop like a rock.

Right now you are playing with little things that won't garner much.

RED
    2002/Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I didn't think you would see much (if any) gain from the minor changes you've made. Your best before that was 8.70 at 83.xx compared to your most recent pass of 8.60's at 83.xx

Get a converter in that thing, along with a tune and watch the ET's drop like a rock.

Right now you are playing with little things that won't garner much.

The 8.7s was at Colonial beach.. I went from 8.8s to 8.6s at sumerduck and lastnight I went 8.5s@85 mph at Colonial beach. So I picked up .2 Iam gonna do gears/DR's/LT's,ORY,Tune next..
    Last edited by EVIL-LS1; 03-20-2010 at 11:04 PM.

Black
    2000 Z-28

I'd do a converter before you do gears as that'll drop your ET significantly more. Do you think you'll get a cam down the road? If so I wouldn't get any lower than 3800 to 4000 stall.

Quote Originally Posted by EVIL-LS1 View Post
    The 8.7s was at Colonial beach.. I went from 8.8s to 8.6s at sumerduck and lastnight I went 8.5s@85 mph at Colonial beach. So I picked up .2 Iam gonna do gears/DR's/LT's,ORY,Tune next..
    Since those tracks are very close to the same elevation and barely above sea level, you can probably rely on either track as long as the weather is consistent.

8.60's-8.70's at 83-84 mph is running 13.30's to 13.40's at 104-105 mph quarter mile. That's about on par with most stock LS1's.

I've only gained about a tenth and 1 mph with long tube headers and off road Y-pipe on a stock LS1. Where you might see the most pickup would be with the tune in your next round of mods.
    Getting rid of the torque management on the autos does wonders for these things. Along with a more aggressive timing and fuel curve you should see a nice pickup. The auto's benefit the most from a tune.

RED
    2002/Z28

The difference between the tracks are Sumer duck is 300ft above sea level and Colonial beach is 149ft above sea level.. Ever time I run at both Iam always faster at Colonial beach. Iam running 8.5@85 at Colonial beach with 1.9 60 ft and Iam running 8.6s@83mph with 2.0 60 ft at Sumer duck..

Iam getting a complete free with gears. I just gotta wait till the guy pulls it out. Thats why Iam doing gears. Iam doing LT's/ORY. Then I will be doing a converter. Yes Iam gonna do a Camshaft but thats down the road.When I do LTs/ORY/Gears Iam gonna tune the car..
    Last edited by EVIL-LS1; 03-21-2010 at 07:28 AM.

You are only talking 150 feet difference. Not enough to even bother with a tune change. The car won't know the difference. It's when you get into differences of 1000 ft. or more where it may affect the car.

Now there could be a difference in weather at either track affecting the DA readings. Changes could be drastic. Or maybe one track is prepped better than others, comparing 60 foot times would be an indicator.

If it were me I would tune the car now before the header change and see what ya get. I found my biggest gains on mine with a simple tune.
    .3 tenths and 2 mph with nothing but a tune on my bone stock (at the time) 02 SS vert. And I was still learning my way around HPtuner at the time, only made some simple changes.

I did everything "one at a time" to get a real world comparison of what things were worth. It was a long process that is still on going, but the results were interesting.

If you throw on 4 different mods at once, you won't really know which one did anything if at all.

RED
    2002/Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    You are only talking 150 feet difference. Not enough to even bother with a tune change. The car won't know the difference. It's when you get into differences of 1000 ft. or more where it may affect the car.

Now there could be a difference in weather at either track affecting the DA readings. Changes could be drastic. Or maybe one track is prepped better than others, comparing 60 foot times would be an indicator.

If it were me I would tune the car now before the header change and see what ya get. I found my biggest gains on mine with a simple tune.
    .3 tenths and 2 mph with nothing but a tune on my bone stock (at the time) 02 SS vert. And I was still learning my way around HPtuner at the time, only made some simple changes.

I did everything "one at a time" to get a real world comparison of what things were worth. It was a long process that is still on going, but the results were interesting.

If you throw on 4 different mods at once, you won't really know which one did anything if at all.
    I might do that get a tune 1st. Sumer duck is uphill a little and Colonial beach is level.. When I ran at both I would go to one thursdaynight and the next one the next night..But I now alot of cars are faster at Colonial beach then Sumerduck..Thats how i was doing it add something and go to the track. But this winter tracks where closed. So I added LM1,SLP Y,P&P TB,FRA. I picked up .2 at both tracks. Last time I ran was on a cool night in November..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information