And then I ran my PB

60' - 1.990
    330 - 5.497
    1/8th - 8.420
    MPH - 85.34
    1000 - 10.912
    1/4th - 12.985
    MPH - 109.44

It's all traction... When I ran a month ago it was 90% humidity and the best I could get was 13.30, And I knew the car had more than that.. Tonight was a good night, still a tad humid though.. Either way I knew it was ALL traction and I got it to leave the line hard once and thats all it took. Still running street tires, 255/50R16's.. Stock T/A wheels with a Little wider tire @ 22PSI.

1.990 60' is impressive for a 255 Falken with an m6

Mods:

Pacesetter LT's
    Pacesetter Y-pipe
    SLP lid /w K&N
    NKG TR55IX's
    MSD wires
    SLP LM1 catback
    4.10 gears
    And a "street" tune by Quality Custom Racing in OKC
    Last edited by SteelmanLS1; 06-27-2008 at 10:25 PM.

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Hey, nice runs! My best in my stock '97 m6 is a 13.2@108 w/ a 2.1 60', and I really think it could go 13.0 or even *cross my fingers* a high 12.9 in ideal conditions with a good 1.9 60'.

Anyway, that's awesome, I'm sure it feels great to join the 12 sec club!
    Last edited by Chris Arnold; 06-28-2008 at 10:17 PM.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold View Post
    Hey, nice runs! My best in my stock '97 m6 is a 13.2@108 w/ a 2.1 60', and I really think it could go 13.0 or even *cross my fingers* a high 12.9 in ideal conditions with a good 1.9 60'.

Anyway, that's awesome, I'm sure it feels great to join the 12 sec club!
    You bet it does.. I could of always through on a set of slicks or drag radials and went 12's... but I wanted to get it there on my regular street tires.. That was a goal with what I have done, so now my next goal is 12.49 with some more stuff!! Gotta love the mod bug
    Last edited by SteelmanLS1; 06-28-2008 at 10:32 PM.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Dude, good for you! I haven't been back to the track yet but I'm hoping to get into the 12's as well on street tires. Glad to hear you got there!

Red
    2001 Trash Can

And if you don't mind me askin how you cut your 60 down so well, cause I believe the best 60ft I got was a 2.01x or something like that...? I tried 2500 rpms and dump, but it bogged the first time. Second time I dropped it at around 2700 and spun pretty badly but that's when I had my best 60ft. And my 3rd run I tried slipping the clutch but it didn't help at all... :/ I was also running on 33 psi... what I run around on normally.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    And if you don't mind me askin how you cut your 60 down so well, cause I believe the best 60ft I got was a 2.01x or something like that...? I tried 2500 rpms and dump, but it bogged the first time. Second time I dropped it at around 2700 and spun pretty badly but that's when I had my best 60ft. And my 3rd run I tried slipping the clutch but it didn't help at all... :/ I was also running on 33 psi... what I run around on normally.
    I have made several passes now... and right before my 12.9 pass I set there and thought about how I cut those couple 2.0 60's.. So I came to the conclusion that about 2500-3000 hold it steady at the light, right before green hold the gas steady and just "slip" the clutch do not dump it or you will spin... Slip it and after your tires make a couple rotations and it starts to weight transfer (after the clutch is all the way out) give it all the gas... Thats how I got a 1.9 on my 255's

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Now put a set of used V-6 springs in it from the junk yard in the rear. Then undo the end links from the front swaybar and thank me after you make your best passes yet. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Also you are driving around the water right. . . . . . . . . . . Not driving through it?
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Also you are driving around the water right. . . . . . . . . . . Not driving through it?
    Driving around, backing up into it... Light spin, moving up about 2 or 3 foot.. And cleaning off the tires.. Spinning them just barely to produce a tiny bit of smoke... Not roasting them by any means

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by SteelmanLS1 View Post
    I have made several passes now... and right before my 12.9 pass I set there and thought about how I cut those couple 2.0 60's.. So I came to the conclusion that about 2500-3000 hold it steady at the light, right before green hold the gas steady and just "slip" the clutch do not dump it or you will spin... Slip it and after your tires make a couple rotations and it starts to weight transfer (after the clutch is all the way out) give it all the gas... Thats how I got a 1.9 on my 255's
    Thanks, I'll definately try that next time!

Now put a set of used V-6 springs in it from the junk yard in the rear. Then undo the end links from the front swaybar and thank me after you make your best passes yet. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I've heard a few people talk about V6 springs...ride height (i'm stock), handling, ride, etc...are they nearly the same or is it just a swap in/out for the track type of deal? My car is a weekend warrior, but I'd still like to maintain decent cornering/ ride charecteristics...

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Thanks, I'll definately try that next time!

I've heard a few people talk about V6 springs...ride height (i'm stock), handling, ride, etc...are they nearly the same or is it just a swap in/out for the track type of deal? My car is a weekend warrior, but I'd still like to maintain decent cornering/ ride charecteristics...
    You just swap them and leave them in. Sorry but unless you have some VERY expensive tires made for handling your tires will loose traction before the V-6 springs become a issue. They usually let the car sit level instead of the minor factory rake they have. We usually cut a half a coil to 1 coil for dropped cars. It will make the car ride soooo much better also. They are softer don't get me wrong but it's not like you won't be able to still hang corners. Now the removing the end links on the front sway bar would be a temp. mod. I usually mark the long ass bolts with a Sharpy just under the nut while still on the car. Then I take a cut-off wheel or a hack saw and whack off the extra threads. That way it only takes a min in the pits to remove.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am M6

I have thought about v6 springs... but I am going to be ebachi's... they say they improve traction... I just like the stance

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by SteelmanLS1 View Post
    I have thought about v6 springs... but I am going to be ebachi's... they say they improve traction... I just like the stance
    Well you might as well put snow tires on the rear @ the same time then. . . . . . Let us now how much worse it spins and for 4 X times the money the junkyard springs would have cost you.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

You just swap them and leave them in. Sorry but unless you have some VERY expensive tires made for handling your tires will loose traction before the V-6 springs become a issue. They usually let the car sit level instead of the minor factory rake they have. We usually cut a half a coil to 1 coil for dropped cars. It will make the car ride soooo much better also. They are softer don't get me wrong but it's not like you won't be able to still hang corners. Now the removing the end links on the front sway bar would be a temp. mod. I usually mark the long ass bolts with a Sharpy just under the nut while still on the car. Then I take a cut-off wheel or a hack saw and whack off the extra threads. That way it only takes a min in the pits to remove.
    Yea, I didn't think it'd be worth dropping the rear evey time you go the track just to swap out springs. I will have to go searching through the boneyard and pull a pair of springs sometime soon...They just, slip right in where the stockers once were? No cutting required for stock height?

And I dont have stickies for handling, I dont have any suspension mods actually, I was just wondering about handling charecteristics because though I'm not the best driver I still like to hang tight corners I just may have to do it slower than some people lol.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Yea, I didn't think it'd be worth dropping the rear evey time you go the track just to swap out springs. I will have to go searching through the boneyard and pull a pair of springs sometime soon...They just, slip right in where the stockers once were? No cutting required for stock height?

And I dont have stickies for handling, I dont have any suspension mods actually, I was just wondering about handling charecteristics because though I'm not the best driver I still like to hang tight corners I just may have to do it slower than some people lol.
    Yeah usually NO cutting is required. You do have to remember though you are buying a used part. I just slide the shocks back on with out the nut. . . . . Lower the car bounce it a few times and break out the tape measure. Take a measurement of the quarter lip to the ground on BOTH sides with the stocks so you can have a real number to compare instead of going of looks.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Yeah usually NO cutting is required. You do have to remember though you are buying a used part. I just slide the shocks back on with out the nut. . . . . Lower the car bounce it a few times and break out the tape measure. Take a measurement of the quarter lip to the ground on BOTH sides with the stocks so you can have a real number to compare instead of going of looks.
    Thanks! I still have yet to take a ride to the junkyard, but maybe I'll get time this weekend...

Thread Information