Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Wanna see a 5,000 lbs. 4x4 blazer beat a 5th gen SS?

This is a discussion on Wanna see a 5,000 lbs. 4x4 blazer beat a 5th gen SS? within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by 0rion Last time I checked to win means to finish first. Everything else is just an excuse. ...

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    Last time I checked to win means to finish first. Everything else is just an excuse.

Good run FBJ.....14.40's is a damn respectable time for basically a brick on wheels. Looks like the 6L swap is working for you. Wonder hiw it'd do spraying i with a 100 shot
    100 shot would be an eye opener

I have a maggy still sitting here for it though I recently upgraded the fuel system for it and thought I'd be ready, but now this thing is snapping the pinion in half with the stock 6.0 as is. So I'm searching for a semi float 14 bolt diff from a 3/4 ton to go through and stick under there. I'd guess with mild boost it would make another 100hp and knock a second off those times

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    It's photobucket and all the background crap they run. Sometimes it's hit or miss.

Worked for me but I have had it before where I had to refreash the page to get a photobucket video to roll.
    Yeah, I have problems with photobucket, usually they drop my pictures after a couple days. I'm actually surprised that this stuff has stayed up as long as it has. It generally gets removed after a day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Come on now, I know FBJ was first across the line. My point is when I'm at test and tune, I ignore who crosses the finish line first, and only compare times/MPH. If this were eliminations, then of course I'd agree FBJ won unless he broke out.

Definitely the SS guy needs a driver mod. I wonder how the flip side woulda been, with FBJ in the SS (I know, it'd never happen since it's a Camaro lol), and the other driver in the tank.
    On test and tune or club track days in this case (same thing really) I'm also there to see what ET and MPH I'm getting and sometimes even tune the car. That's the biggest reason I took the truck down there and left the Fbodies at home (I already know what they run).
    The fact that I could squirt down track to the finish in front of a 5th gen SS was just icing on the cake I'm also there to cut good lights, good 60 foot times, and it's nice to beat something now and then too.

Actually they encouraged lining up with whom ever you wish and run for fun. That's what it's really all about.

Yes he needs more practice with his car, and I'm sure he will find a sweet spot if he runs enough.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Yeah, I have problems with photobucket, usually they drop my pictures after a couple days. I'm actually surprised that this stuff has stayed up as long as it has. It generally gets removed after a day or two.
    Yeah I've lost gigs of photo's there before..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information