Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wanna see a 5,000 lbs. 4x4 blazer beat a 5th gen SS?

He was coming hard on the big end but it wasn't enough to overcome my better light and 60 ft.

Funny stuff....

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

What did they run?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Nice job, FBJ!

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Show us some time slips. I would love to see what the truck ran.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Yeah the timers weren't working quite right so it's not showing up on film. I ran a 14.44 at 95 mph and I think the camaro was in the 13's somewhere and over 100 mph. I don't remember his time exactly as I don't have the slips in front of me at the moment.

I do remember that my margin of victory was only .07xx something We were side by side at the finish line and I couldn't tell who got there first until I got my ticket.

I'm not sure if he was an auto or stick, but I'd bank on it being a stick because he was really struggling to put a good run together. Plus I think when I squirted out on him like that it upped the anxiety because his 60 foot was just horrible

It was club track day, run all you want type of thing. I'm a member of the local Fbody club and a bunch of guys came down, along with a vette club, mustang club etc... I just decided to leave the Fbodies at home and run the Blazer for some giggles.

DA was 2,840 ft on that run so the truck has a little more in it with better weather. I also played it a little easy out of the hole because it's broken the pinion off the rear in the past. I drove 120 miles to the track and needed it to stay in one piece, so I didn't run it as hard as I would have liked.

It's my daily driver so breaking it isn't a good idea. It's a 6.0/4L60E swap I did almost 2 years ago, with 3.73's and 33" tires. It really needs ALOT more gear to do any serious 1/4 mile work, if you listen it just pops into 3rd at the finish line. I giggle every time I watch this video
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 11-06-2012 at 06:57 AM.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Did you mistype above? You beat the Camaro, but state he ran in the 13's and you ran a 14.44. Or, did you just beat him the one time in the video?

Either way, nice run and I bet he was holding his head down some after it

I believe he squeaked a 13 out of that run but I'd have to look at the slip to be sure. I know my better light and 60 ft added up to about a 1/2 second advantage, and that was just enough for me to hold him off to the finish line. He simply put together a bad run for a car of that caliber and I pounced That's racin'.

Definately a quicker and faster car than my old tank, and I mean to take nothing away from the camaro. I'm sure his buddies aren't going to let him live that down for a long time coming Either way you look at it, I got some laughs with that pair up.

Here are a couple other comical shots...

My son took this one coming up on the 330 ft mark with what looks like a good 2 car lead

I snapped this shot after I couldn't believe I was out front, so I scrambled for the camera I had sitting in the passenger seat. You can see I'm coming up on the 330 ft marker here too, so I must have snapped this pic close to the time that my son snapped his...

This guy of course blew past me at the finish line since he MPH'd about 10 more than I did, and this shot is right after the finish line in the shut down area, he's way out front now, but it was too late

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

video isnt working for me

I've noticed that sometimes I have to try it more than once. I'm not sure why, but I just checked it and it worked.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Works for me.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Vid works for me also. Sorry to burst your bubble, FBJ, but someone who traps almost 10 MPH faster than you means you lost, and lost badly, and he only lost since you started first. You know that as well as I, but it still is fun to win when everybody knows who should win! I've seen a lot of mistakes on the starting line. I may have made a couple myself, but I'll never admit it LOL!

When I'm at the track on test and tune days, I don't pay any attention to who wins the actual race, but I do see who has the quicker ET and faster MPH. MPH divided by weight really shows HP, not the first 60 ft. And it still is a nice run with your Blazer, don't forget the porky SS weighs almost 4,000 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Vid works for me also. Sorry to burst your bubble, FBJ, but someone who traps almost 10 MPH faster than you means you lost, and lost badly, and he only lost since you started first. You know that as well as I, but it still is fun to win when everybody knows who should win! I've seen a lot of mistakes on the starting line. I may have made a couple myself, but I'll never admit it LOL!

When I'm at the track on test and tune days, I don't pay any attention to who wins the actual race, but I do see who has the quicker ET and faster MPH. MPH divided by weight really shows HP, not the first 60 ft. And it still is a nice run with your Blazer, don't forget the porky SS weighs almost 4,000 lbs.
    Unfotunately that's not how racing works. It's heads up, first one to the line wins, and I got the win light. It's not always the fastest car. Been this way since racing started in the 40's and 50's and that's just good ole fassion racing, until this stupid bracket stuff appeared.

I already said he had the faster car, and frankly don't care. If you can't expoit it then it does no good. I embarrassed him, he couldn't get it done, plain and simple. That's the name of the game, and this was heads up racing (no bracket crap), he had a fair chance.

The fact that I could hold him off in a 4x4 5,000 lbs. brick was actually quite hillarious.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

^^ Exactly. There is a lot more to it than being the fastest car at the top of the track. Last weekend, I ran a new 5.0 that was knocking down low 11 second passes. He spun at the line, and then missed a shift, resulting in me taking the win in a car that runs a full second slower.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I've pulled on a Viper before when my SS was relatively stock. He was showing off and had his g/f in the car with him. We rolled out from the light and I knew he was going to get on it so I kept my car in 1st gear. We both punched it and he spun and I didn't. Half way through second he was pulling ahead of me and I just kept into it and hit 3rd. He missed 3rd and I went flying by him. It was a great feeling

Yeah all it takes is a slip up. I honestly didn't expect to beat a 5th gen SS, I think we all know what potential they have (it goes without saying), I've seen plenty of stockers run low 13's at 110 at that very track, and I knew my blazer wasn't that quick. But you have to have a driver in there to do it.

I was surprised myself when I got out on him, then still had him behind me at the 330ft mark. I knew then he would have to chase me all the way down, and that's not a fun way to race someone.

I figured you guys might get a kick out of the fact that it was done in an old 4x4 blazer I know my father thought it was so funny that he copied it and took it to work to show all the guys there

Before it's over this guy might have to trade this thing in for a different color to avoid the reputation of being known as the 5th gen that lost to a 4x4 brick

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post

Last time I checked to win means to finish first. Everything else is just an excuse.

Good run FBJ.....14.40's is a damn respectable time for basically a brick on wheels. Looks like the 6L swap is working for you. Wonder hiw it'd do spraying i with a 100 shot

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

i love to see stuff like this. its a blast to get a win over some one in a truck of that size i get the same way when i get a win in my 1 ton

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Come on now, I know FBJ was first across the line. My point is when I'm at test and tune, I ignore who crosses the finish line first, and only compare times/MPH. If this were eliminations, then of course I'd agree FBJ won unless he broke out.

Definitely the SS guy needs a driver mod. I wonder how the flip side woulda been, with FBJ in the SS (I know, it'd never happen since it's a Camaro lol), and the other driver in the tank.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    video isnt working for me
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I've noticed that sometimes I have to try it more than once. I'm not sure why, but I just checked it and it worked.
    It's photobucket and all the background crap they run. Sometimes it's hit or miss.

Worked for me but I have had it before where I had to refreash the page to get a photobucket video to roll.

Thread Information