Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Took the bird out for her first run

This is a discussion on Took the bird out for her first run within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS I think he is implying that with M/T's if you hook hard enough, your 10-bolt might ...

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I think he is implying that with M/T's if you hook hard enough, your 10-bolt might say bye bye....

I'd be ready to expect the worst with it IMO.
    You could have a free mod, turn your 10bolt into a 3 1/4bolt. lol. OK, im done.

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am WS6 A4

well the entire rearend has been rebuilt, and has GM 3.73's, moser axles, and a MAC girdle. I know the 10 bolt sucks and ive done all i can do to make it last longer. the 12 bolt is out of my price range. But I have heard of some 10 bolts that have held up under alot more than my TA is capeble of.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

You are correct. Some people are luckier than others. I have heard of stock power cars breaking 10-bolts. I have also heard of cars pushing 450-500whp with a 10-bolt and it has still held up. IMO, it is just a matter of time. Hopefully your time will came later rather than sooner.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by StrikerWS6 View Post
    I was really hoping for a low 13 atleast, and I know a lot of folks went 12's with these cars with next to no mods.

Why would I bend the pushrods? I know my buddy bent his shift forks a few years back. I dont know why these cars are having the shifting issue on WOT while going to third.
    i was having the same problem with my ws6. it only has 20,000 miles on it. so i bought a pro 5.0 shifter, and when i went to put it in i found the the bolts that hold the shifter to the tower were ready to fall out and was all sloppy.

i put the new shifter in anyway. it does shift better and looks factory stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    You are correct. Some people are luckier than others. I have heard of stock power cars breaking 10-bolts. I have also heard of cars pushing 450-500whp with a 10-bolt and it has still held up. IMO, it is just a matter of time. Hopefully your time will came later rather than sooner.
    alot of it is how you treat it and launch it--- if you take all the slap out of the rear it takes the "hit" out.... when guys slap their diff hard that's where they break alot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information