Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    1999 WS6

Took the bird out for her first run

Took my rather bone stock 99 WS6 for a run down the dragstrip. The car has 22K miles and im sure its the first time its ever seen a dragstrip (same for me) The only things on her that aren't factory are: SLP Lid, P&P TB and Eagle F1 GS-D3's out back on the stock wheels.

I managed to run a best of 13.6@106mph which I was rather dissapointed in myself as I was hoping for a real low 13's or better yet a high 12 would send me home smiling. The above run was done with a bad 2.3 second 60 foot time. My next run I had it down much better. I managed a 2.1 second 60 foot, 1/8 mile was at 8.9 seconds@ 79.33mph which is probably right about where I missed my third gear shift The car would simply not go into third gear or I got too anxious and was a bit early going into it.

I keep wondering If I kept my shifting together on that 2.1 60 foot run what I could have done. Rather dissapointed but what can you do.

Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by StrikerWS6 View Post
    Took my rather bone stock 99 WS6 for a run down the dragstrip. The car has 22K miles and im sure its the first time its ever seen a dragstrip (same for me) The only things on her that aren't factory are: SLP Lid, P&P TB and Eagle F1 GS-D3's out back on the stock wheels.

I managed to run a best of 13.6@106mph which I was rather dissapointed in myself as I was hoping for a real low 13's or better yet a high 12 would send me home smiling....
    Cool and all..

but a '99 with only 22K miles and you took it to the track? That's..I dunno what it is. It's cool and gut wrenching at the same time. Then again it's a WS6 so why not.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Not bad at all... Just be careful if you have a shifting issue as you do not want to bend your pushrods. My only goal when I get to the track is not to make a complete ass out of myself by doing something stupid.

Black
    1999 WS6

I was really hoping for a low 13 atleast, and I know a lot of folks went 12's with these cars with next to no mods.

Why would I bend the pushrods? I know my buddy bent his shift forks a few years back. I dont know why these cars are having the shifting issue on WOT while going to third.

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

you bend push rods when you miss your shifts

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

a mid 13 is not bad for a stocker also the guys running 12s out of the box are great drivers also the better you launch the better your time will be but be carefull the rear cant take the abuse

NBM
    1998 Formula

I managed to run a best of 13.6@106mph which I was rather dissapointed in myself as I was hoping for a real low 13's or better yet a high 12 would send me home smiling. The above run was done with a bad 2.3 second 60 foot time. My next run I had it down much better. I managed a 2.1 second 60 foot, 1/8 mile was at 8.9 seconds@ 79.33mph which is probably right about where I missed my third gear shift The car would simply not go into third gear or I got too anxious and was a bit early going into it.

I keep wondering If I kept my shifting together on that 2.1 60 foot run what I could have done. Rather dissapointed but what can you do.
    Hey! Where are you from in Ontario? I'm in Ottawa.

On your second run, you'd probably be looking at about a 13.2 if you didn't miss a shift.

Black
    1999 WS6

Niagara Region/Hamilton region. Swing on by. There was a couple LS1 cars out at Cayuga Speedway

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am WS6 A4

sounds about right for your mods I have the same car but an A4 with double the mods and have only ran a best time of 13.3 (no spinning)

1999 A4 WS6 Pewter, Hooker Long Tube Headers ,GMMG Catback Exhaust, QTP Off-road catted y-pipe, K&N FIPK Intake, GM 3.73's, Spohn Torque Arm,BMR LCA's Dyno Tune by PBJ.

Black
    1999 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Numba1TA View Post
    sounds about right for your mods I have the same car but an A4 with double the mods and have only ran a best time of 13.3 (no spinning)
    wat trap?

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am WS6 A4

wat trap?
    I traped at 106.34mph

R/T... .518
    60'... 2.071
    330... 5.710
    1/8... 8.652
    MPH... 83.39
    1000... 11.197
    1/4... 13.328
    MPH... 106.34

It was a hot day and had to drive a half hour to get to the track. Left the spare tire in the back as well.

maple red
    2000 trans am

Hey man were you nervous? Ive been wanting to run my car man but i just dont.
    i guess i might be afaid of messing up my car or something

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY JERZY View Post
    a mid 13 is not bad for a stocker also the guys running 12s out of the box are great drivers also the better you launch the better your time will be but be carefull the rear cant take the abuse
    I agree, also 12's are easier to hit when you have Mickey's on the rear end. I had a friend who launched his stocker w/Mickey's, said he was around 4k rpm, twice and blew the rear end.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    I agree, also 12's are easier to hit when you have Mickey's on the rear end. I had a friend who launched his stocker w/Mickey's, said he was around 4k rpm, twice and blew the rear end.
    Sounds spot on. You can't abuse the 10-bolt like that without paying the price.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Black
    1999 WS6

I was just hoping for a real low 13. I know the car has it. My 106 mph run was with a 2.3 second 60 foot, and yes I was a bit nervous, not so much about breaking the car but rather about the whole run.

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

tire pressure adjustment will help your 60' time.

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

I traped at 106.34mph

R/T... .518
    60'... 2.071
    330... 5.710
    1/8... 8.652
    MPH... 83.39
    1000... 11.197
    1/4... 13.328
    MPH... 106.34

It was a hot day and had to drive a half hour to get to the track. Left the spare tire in the back as well.
    did you fall asleep during the tree count down?

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am WS6 A4

Quote Originally Posted by waldo View Post
    did you fall asleep during the tree count down?
    No just still getting a feel for the light, ive only ran the TA down the track 4 times. next mods are a yank 3200 ant mickey T

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

No just still getting a feel for the light, ive only ran the TA down the track 4 times. next mods are a yank 3200 ant mickey T
    Maybe you should look into doing one other upgrade before those.... ^^^^^

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I think he is implying that with M/T's if you hook hard enough, your 10-bolt might say bye bye....

I'd be ready to expect the worst with it IMO.

Thread Information