Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thunder Valley

This is a discussion on Thunder Valley within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Who is around thunder valley in Nobel OKC? I may .........again....I may go there there Friday for test and tune ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    29

    Black/Yellow
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Thunder Valley

    Who is around thunder valley in Nobel OKC? I may .........again....I may go there there Friday for test and tune just to see how my car reacts. I'd rather go if there are others to hang out with and give pointers or just for meeting people with the same interest. Let me know.

    Im not sure how to put a pic or details to the left on these posts (let me know how if you know) but its a lot of new stuff that needs to be tested.
    Last edited by Mookz1; 10-07-2010 at 07:01 PM.

  2. #2
    Member 408WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    50
    Posts
    401

    Current best: 10.60/126.8
    1998 Pontiac TA WS6

    That's one of my favorite tracks. I am a transplanted Okie living in Houston now, but I've been to that track many times over the years. Last time was just a year ago..

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    oklahoma city
    Posts
    126

    Pewter & Mystic Teal!
    2002 CAMARO SS & 1999 TA

    im gonna try and go this friday

    if you see my car come say whats up its a bone stock 02 ss my name is logan

    bone stock 2002 m6 12.9 @ 108 woooohoooo!!!!!!
    bone stock 1999 m6 TA 13.4 @ 104 2.1 60' Still has a little more in her!

  4. #4
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,807

    sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

    i'll be there for sure

  5. #5
    She-Member jrbonds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Central OK
    Posts
    782

    2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

    I wish I could go!! But I got a car show the next morning and got to get the T/A ready for it. The Chickasha antique auto club swap meet and the muscle car ranch swap meet are going on in Chickasha this weekend also, along with the car show. You guys oughta come out Saturday if you get a chance.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    29

    Black/Yellow
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    I am going to try and make it this Friday as well but after last Friday I'm a little concerned about my transmission. Getting into 2nd gear is a bit difficult. Im thinking a syncro or shift fork even though I did have it rebuilt a few years ago. Also I am spinning like crazy bad (I did expect it though) off the line. I can use some tips to get a better time or more consistant times.

    But right now........just happy to get out there and meet some of people that enjoy a good day at the track.

    Thunder Valley is Buick vs. Ford this Saturday. Heard its fun........I say lets all give it a try if able. Sorry that a few of you dont live in town or have things to do but keep in touch and maybe we can make a good showing sometime/ somewhere else.

    Cheers
    Last edited by Mookz1; 10-12-2010 at 09:31 PM.

  7. #7
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,807

    sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

    Quote Originally Posted by Mookz1 View Post
    I am going to try and make it this Friday as well but after last Friday I'm a little concerned about my transmission. Getting into 2nd gear is a bit difficult. Im thinking a syncro or shift fork even though I did have it rebuilt a few years ago. Also I am spinning like crazy bad (I did expect it though) off the line. I can use some tips to get a better time or more consistant times.

    But right now........just happy to get out there and meet some of people that enjoy a good day at the track.

    Thunder Valley is Buick vs. Ford this Saturday. Heard its fun........I say lets all give it a try if able. Sorry that a few of you dont live in town or have things to do but keep in touch and maybe we can make a good showing sometime/ somewhere else.

    Cheers
    are you going to be going saturday too cause thats when i am going to go. i went last year when buick won and it was pretty awesome, there was a ton of competition

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    29

    Black/Yellow
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    The plan is to be there Saturday as well. In fact I am getting more and more motivated since Im hearing really cool things about this race.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Getzen_Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,530

    Black
    2000 T/A

    I'll be there friday for test and tune, I have the black ta w/ the raptor hood! name is James come up and say hey

  10. #10
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,807

    sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

    Quote Originally Posted by Getzen_Guy View Post
    I'll be there friday for test and tune, I have the black ta w/ the raptor hood! name is James come up and say hey
    come up saturday too man

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    oklahoma city
    Posts
    126

    Pewter & Mystic Teal!
    2002 CAMARO SS & 1999 TA

    ill only be there friday

    gotta work saturday and they wont let camaros race anyways...

  12. #12
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,807

    sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

    Quote Originally Posted by SSIZZLN View Post
    ill only be there friday

    gotta work saturday and they wont let camaros race anyways...
    its still cool to go and watch especially if you know a few people there

  13. #13
    Senior Member Getzen_Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,530

    Black
    2000 T/A

    we're all going to the 39th street drag on saturday

  14. #14
    She-Member jrbonds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Central OK
    Posts
    782

    2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

    Quote Originally Posted by Getzen_Guy View Post
    we're all going to the 39th street drag on saturday
    Wow people still cruise up there?

  15. #15
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,807

    sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

    Quote Originally Posted by Getzen_Guy View Post
    we're all going to the 39th street drag on saturday
    really i go there like every other weekend to hang out and i almost never see anyone there with a car like mine but who all is going?

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    29

    Black/Yellow
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Since a few of us are going for sure is there a place that we can all meet and cruise down together? Im thinking for one it would be cool and two we can all be next to eachother somewhere in the pits. I live in Moore, looks there is one in Norman. Not sure exactly where the others are. Im thinking a place easy to get to off the freeway. I'd like to get there early-ish because I am sure a lot of people will be there practicing for tomorrows Ford vs. Buick races. Let me know what you guys think.

    Cheers

  17. #17
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,807

    sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

    Quote Originally Posted by Mookz1 View Post
    Since a few of us are going for sure is there a place that we can all meet and cruise down together? Im thinking for one it would be cool and two we can all be next to eachother somewhere in the pits. I live in Moore, looks there is one in Norman. Not sure exactly where the others are. Im thinking a place easy to get to off the freeway. I'd like to get there early-ish because I am sure a lot of people will be there practicing for tomorrows Ford vs. Buick races. Let me know what you guys think.

    Cheers
    well i was gonna go tonight but the girlfriend insists on going to a damn party but maybe next time

  18. #18
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,807

    sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

    Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    well i was gonna go tonight but the girlfriend insists on going to a damn party but maybe next time
    nvm my girl wants to go to the track but i get off at 9 so ill be there around 10 or so anyone still going to be there?

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    oklahoma city
    Posts
    126

    Pewter & Mystic Teal!
    2002 CAMARO SS & 1999 TA

    we was there

    seen mookz1 there hes a cool guy nice car btw

  20. #20
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,807

    sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

    Quote Originally Posted by SSIZZLN View Post
    we was there

    seen mookz1 there hes a cool guy nice car btw
    i got there around 9:30 and was there till midnight but i didnt see any of you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. First time on track at Thunder Valley outside OKC
    By werewolf in forum Drag Racing
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-16-2014, 01:24 AM
  2. Thunder valley again okies!!!!!!!!
    By WICKEDLS1 in forum Drag Racing
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 03-14-2011, 07:39 AM
  3. okc pees thunder valley this friday
    By SSIZZLN in forum Drag Racing
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-30-2010, 01:54 PM
  4. Any OKIES up for Thunder Valley in a few weeks
    By WICKEDLS1 in forum Drag Racing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-31-2010, 08:36 PM
  5. Thunder Valley
    By 1SSWFO in forum Eastern Members
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2005, 09:22 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •