Stock rear sway bar ? or ?

This is a discussion on Stock rear sway bar ? or ? within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Would a aftermarket sway bar help me at the track over the stock one I have now.No track time yet,been ...

Stock rear sway bar ? or ?

Would a aftermarket sway bar help me at the track over the stock one I have now.No track time yet,been busy with work and personal stuff but want to go this spring and see how my car does.I was thinking about this one here from Spohn would work with my set up.
    1" (25mm) Solid 4140 Rear Sway Bar
    Item: 923-Rear
    $147.50

This rear sway bar is constructed of 1" (25mm) solid 4140 chrome moly. Our bar stock is 4140 chrome moly heat treated spring grade steel. The bar is entirely heat formed and coined as one piece. We put our bar through this extensive process to insure that the final product will be the strongest, most durable bar on the market, and that it will be the most resistant to form alteration. Most aftermarket anti-sway bars are cold-bent, making them weaker at the bends, and more vulnerable to shape alteration.

Rear sway bar includes polyurethane bushings and end links, everything you need for installation and maximum performance! Sway bar is available powder coated bright red or gloss black.

Drag Racers: This rear sway bar is perfect for those looking for a stock style heavy-duty rear sway bar to keep things level on those hard launches, it's up to the task.

01 WS6,custom comp 228/236,588/578,114,polished/ported factory heads,manley racemaster valves,comp titanium retainers,978 dual valve springs,hardend pushrods,msd,ngk,slp bellows,slp mass air flow,coolant bypass,160 stat,arp hardware,mac headers/ory/magnaflow catback,3400 midwest stall,B&M cooler, BMR chrome moly susp ,DTS 12 bolt,DTS support cover,3.73's,BMR driveshaft safety loop,strut bar,optima,K&N,SLP air box,BG ram air,BMR subframe conn.Mustang Dyno tuned at 393 rwhp, 352 torque. Dynojet numbers coming soon.

millenium yellow
    2002 corvette Z06

i did the same rear sway on my 400rwhp SS.... i also did a TQarm at the same time and noticed an improvment in the even'ness of my launch.... it pulled straight and level..

i would recommend it.

i would also recommend swapping those macs. for some LT's....
    315rwhp 98 SILVER Z28 (3500lbs)- SOLD
    400rwhp 99 HUGGER SS (3375lbs)- SOLD
    340rwhp 02 YELLOW Z06 (3040lbs)

Thanks for the reply on the sway bar. I think its a good one for street/strip duty. I like my mac mids/ory and magnaflow,sounds great.Would I realy see that much of a change in power/torque with the LT's over what I have now ?there is but maybe a 1-2 hp diff between LT and mid's (Mac Mids) from my research and the quality is very good.
    Last edited by Brianss1; 11-11-2006 at 03:22 PM.

Thread Information