Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36

stock LS1 vs. Stock lighting & srt-4, charger

This is a discussion on stock LS1 vs. Stock lighting & srt-4, charger within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Yeah, I know I looked to see where everyone was from and most are from the south. But yeah 13.2 ...

  1. #21
    Ratdaddy07
    Guest
    Yeah, I know I looked to see where everyone was from and most are from the south. But yeah 13.2 is the best I've seen, I'm not saying I've seen a ton and maybe when I did conditions were not the greatest but it makes me wonder if our tracks are up to par. Everyone here thinks Donaldsonville is great and they do hold rather large events there from time to time, driver makes a big difference and those cars have problems hooking up.

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Age
    44
    Posts
    182

    Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 89redrs
    Thats it, only a 13.2??? Thats slow, a few stock cobras here are running 12s easily, and that is in Texas
    I see a mixed bag with 03/04 Cobras. Those cars run like s*#t in the heat. I've seen them run 13's and 14's bone stock at Speedway. Part of that may be due to driver error, but I think anyone can agree that heat really effects their performance. I don't think anyone will question their ability to run 12's, it just has to be in good conditions.

    Doodad I was referring to the Charger's wheel horsepower. They only put down around 260whp, which translates to around 300 flywheel horsepower. An SRT-8 is a different story, as they are heavily underrated horsepower wise (Dyno around 360whp). The SRT-8 will most likely beat an LS1 powered car stock for stock. A few of them have dipped into the 12's, and they all are capable of low 13's stock. The good thing about them is that they are automatic, which makes them near dummy proof.

  3. #23
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    The only one of those cars I came close to loosing against was the SRT-4. And it was modded.

    This was when I was bolt-ons only.
    Damn turbos and altitude.
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

    1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

  4. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    33
    Posts
    8

    Red
    1989 Camaro RS

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob'sWS6
    I see a mixed bag with 03/04 Cobras. Those cars run like s*#t in the heat. I've seen them run 13's and 14's bone stock at Speedway. Part of that may be due to driver error, but I think anyone can agree that heat really effects their performance. I don't think anyone will question their ability to run 12's, it just has to be in good conditions.

    Doodad I was referring to the Charger's wheel horsepower. They only put down around 260whp, which translates to around 300 flywheel horsepower. An SRT-8 is a different story, as they are heavily underrated horsepower wise (Dyno around 360whp). The SRT-8 will most likely beat an LS1 powered car stock for stock. A few of them have dipped into the 12's, and they all are capable of low 13's stock. The good thing about them is that they are automatic, which makes them near dummy proof.
    At the last dyno day we had at the shop I usually go to for parts, they had a brand new still stickerde srt8 and it layed down 377hp and 385 trq. and my buddys bone ass stock Cobra put down 360!! but the cobra eats it everytime, the srt8 is a force to be recond(sp) with on the highway though!! I was going to do an LSX swap in my 89, but seems it will cost way to much!! So 350 here I come!!!

  5. #25
    Member Mach1Mustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Concord, NC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    203

    Blue
    04 Mach 1

    if an 03/04 cobra runs a 14 then the driver should be forced to pay with his life. They cant drive, i dont care if it was hot outside, those are 12s cars stock. with a good driver they can be mid 12s. Just like an ls1 running 14s. the driver should be shot!!!!!!!

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    33
    Posts
    8

    Red
    1989 Camaro RS

    Quote Originally Posted by Mach1Mustang
    if an 03/04 cobra runs a 14 then the driver should be forced to pay with his life. They cant drive, i dont care if it was hot outside, those are 12s cars stock. with a good driver they can be mid 12s. Just like an ls1 running 14s. the driver should be shot!!!!!!!
    WORD!! My cousins Boltons, stall, and cam, on stock heads ran 11.30s with ease and consistentcy!!

  7. #27
    Member cailey37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    832

    Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Mach1Mustang View Post
    if an 03/04 cobra runs a 14 then the driver should be forced to pay with his life. They cant drive, i dont care if it was hot outside, those are 12s cars stock. with a good driver they can be mid 12s. Just like an ls1 running 14s. the driver should be shot!!!!!!!
    Here are the times on the Cobras you mentioned...these were professional drivers ......
    2003 Ford Mustang Cobra SVT 4.5 12.9
    2004 Ford Mustang Cobra SVT 4.5 12.9

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dayton Ohio
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2

    red
    1998 Pontiac Formula

    I was talking to a neighbor that is very straight-up.... he went 12.30's with drag radials in his 03 Cobra.... so he quit trying. He is an old guy that dosn't want to hurt his ride. I kinda don't blame him. We are in OH with a low elevation and that was early in the year with cool temps but still gd.

  9. #29
    Rollo Tomassee AKIRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Outside the box
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,887
    Quote Originally Posted by 99blueZ View Post

    LS1 vs. SRT-4: The SRT-4 has front wheel drive and a turbo so it will probably get you off the line and you will need to play a little catch up, but not for long. Newer ones have 230hp vs 215 in the older ones.


    First off, FWD are the worst cars for traction from a stop.
    Secondly, turbos need to spool, which means they hardly have shit from a stop.

  10. #30
    Junior Member bones srt-4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    kansas
    Age
    48
    Posts
    7

    black
    2004 dodge srt-4

    Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post


    First off, FWD are the worst cars for traction from a stop.
    Secondly, turbos need to spool, which means they hardly have shit from a stop.
    yea ,fwd sucks for traction. but only the big turbos need to spool up ,the little one in my srt boosts pretty quick.
    04 black srt-4 , 13.11 @ 106.7

  11. #31
    Senior Member Musclefan21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    1,155

    1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    after getting into drag racing, now i know 05+ stangs vs. srt-4s is not drivers race.. i can beat any stock srt-4s with no problem

    and i can give a good run to LS1s and lightnings (stock)

  12. #32
    Junior Member bones srt-4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    kansas
    Age
    48
    Posts
    7

    black
    2004 dodge srt-4

    the best i ever did when my srt was stock was a 14.2 @ 99 . we had a 06 mustang gt at the track this w/e he ran 13.99 @100.

  13. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sneads Ferry, NC
    Age
    29
    Posts
    261
    2002 TA

    Quote Originally Posted by cailey37 View Post
    Here are the times on the Cobras you mentioned...these were professional drivers ......
    2003 Ford Mustang Cobra SVT 4.5 12.9
    2004 Ford Mustang Cobra SVT 4.5 12.9
    So that means that stock for stock none can increase those times? All of those online 1/4 times are usually mroe than likely off. I have looked up many diff sites, some cars asre faster than what they say, some are slower. A friend of mine in Ohio (where I used to live) had an 03' Cobra, did full exhaust, diff pulley, a few other little odds and ends and a tune all totally around 1200. He ran it with a crappy ass 60' and ran a 12.1. Needless to say with some nice tires it was into the 11's. Stock he ran a best of 12.6 STOCK those cars are 12.5-12.9 range, if you can drive.

  14. #34
    Senior Member Musclefan21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    1,155

    1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    Quote Originally Posted by bones srt-4 View Post
    the best i ever did when my srt was stock was a 14.2 @ 99 . we had a 06 mustang gt at the track this w/e he ran 13.99 @100.
    My best with my stone stock to air filter 06 stang GT is 13.43 @ 102.38mph and i have been doing consistent 13.6 runs. and my i have done 3 times 1.9 60'

    here is a video of me cutting 1.93 60' and against stage 2 modded srt-4. i was on him untill i missed 4th gear and he came right next to me and we finished dead even. ( i ran 13.6 @93mph on that run)

    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/5...450042d3ff.htm

  15. #35
    Senior Member Musclefan21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    1,155

    1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    Quote Originally Posted by Pythias View Post
    So that means that stock for stock none can increase those times? All of those online 1/4 times are usually mroe than likely off. I have looked up many diff sites, some cars asre faster than what they say, some are slower. A friend of mine in Ohio (where I used to live) had an 03' Cobra, did full exhaust, diff pulley, a few other little odds and ends and a tune all totally around 1200. He ran it with a crappy ass 60' and ran a 12.1. Needless to say with some nice tires it was into the 11's. Stock he ran a best of 12.6 STOCK those cars are 12.5-12.9 range, if you can drive.

    ford says 05+ stang GTs are 13.5 and i ran 13.4

  16. #36
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    fl
    Age
    27
    Posts
    25

    black
    1998 ws6

    Ls1 Camaro Will Beat All Them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 01:48 AM
  2. FS: Stock 4-16x8 polished rims w/ stock eagle tires
    By Long Beach in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-24-2007, 11:11 PM
  3. FS: Stock 4-16x8 polished rims w/ stock eagle tires
    By Long Beach in forum Western Members
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2007, 10:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •