Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra

stock LS1 vs. Stock lighting & srt-4, charger

hi guys,

l wonder how those races would be?

who would beat who and how many lengths?

just some informations about these races..

thanks

Western Maryland LS1's

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

All I know is the stock Neon SRT 4 is faster than a Nissan 350 Z 0-60

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

You would be better off asking this in the "racing "forums

Awaiting Activation
    The cars are all very close in speed. There are a lot of variables. Is the LS1 auto or stick? What year? What car? F-Body, Vette, GTO?

But i would say that the LS1 should win them all.

LS1 vs. SRT-4: The SRT-4 has front wheel drive and a turbo so it will probably get you off the line and you will need to play a little catch up, but not for long. Newer ones have 230hp vs 215 in the older ones.

LS1 vs. Lightening: Depends on the year - '01 and up have 380hp the older ones 360hp. Very fast truck. Will be the closest race. Lightenings get slower up top due to areodynamics.

LS1 vs. Charger: What kind of charger? There are many versions. Assuming you mean a charger with the 5.7 hemi - the LS1 will win easily. The 5.7 has 340hp but is so heavy. But if its an SRT-8 version you will probably lose. Those have 425hp and haul ass.

l meant 98-02 t/a or camaro against those cars.. doesnt matter auto or stick..

l know srt-4 has the same ET as LT1s. so LS1s will murder them l guess..

about charger, yeah those 425 horses cars..

lightning l have heard that stock for stock LS1 will kill..

l just wanted to hear from you guys actually..

thanks..

Awaiting Activation
    so yea if its the 425hp charger then it will beat a stock LS1

Black
    99 SS

against me at the track one day i was beating them by bus lengths when they were all running there 14.5's all day long

white

I raced a stage 2 str4 and ripped it a new one by about 5 cars and still pulling untill about 95 mph.........all I have done is a exhaust......not even a 3 inch just a chamber exhaust.......flowmaster it even has the stock tips on it.......Also I have race a hemi 5.7 dodge charger on the freewway "NO COMPETITION" not even close................it hung around for about a second and I started pulling big time.........

f**k fords die dodges

black
    2001 pontiac transam

my buddy has an srt-4 and all he has done was raise the boost on the turbo and at the time i was all stock and i took him by 4 cars on 3 different trys. we did a dead stop and a 15 roll and finally a 30 roll, so he could get his boost up but it didnt matter

i havent gone up against an srt8 but the hemi ain shit, i took that out about as bad as the srt4.

Ocean
    1995 Trans Am

Trans am or camaro with an ls1 will beat the lightning or srt 4....that is if its stock!

so what are those Hemi chargers runs at the track? wihich kind of mods do we need to have to pull on those hemi chargers?

Ocean
    1995 Trans Am

Well are you talking about the charger r/t hemi cause that runs about 14.3 in the 1/4 if you are talking about the charger srt-8 hemi it is still a 4000lb plus car but should run in the upper 13's .....I think a trans am or camaro with stick stock will run it. Thats my thought.

Ratdaddy07
    The SRT8 only runs a 13.6 although very consistantly due to great traction but if you can't beat that in ANY LS1 you need either tires, to check your motor or trani or driving lessons.

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 99blueZ
    The cars are all very close in speed. There are a lot of variables. Is the LS1 auto or stick? What year? What car? F-Body, Vette, GTO?

But i would say that the LS1 should win them all.

LS1 vs. SRT-4: The SRT-4 has front wheel drive and a turbo so it will probably get you off the line and you will need to play a little catch up, but not for long. Newer ones have 230hp vs 215 in the older ones.

LS1 vs. Lightening: Depends on the year - '01 and up have 380hp the older ones 360hp. Very fast truck. Will be the closest race. Lightenings get slower up top due to areodynamics.

LS1 vs. Charger: What kind of charger? There are many versions. Assuming you mean a charger with the 5.7 hemi - the LS1 will win easily. The 5.7 has 340hp but is so heavy. But if its an SRT-8 version you will probably lose. Those have 425hp and haul ass.
    I don't see how being front wheel drive and turbo has an advantage over a naturally aspirated V8 rear wheel drive car. I blew one away outta the hole really bad, but have admittedly only raced one.

Author, SRT-4's are nothing to be concerned about if they are stock. They are just a little faster then a 350Z. Lightnings have trouble getting off the line unless they are on slicks or a good set of drag radials. They have very little top end as well. The charger is more or less a joke. They only dyno around 260whp, and they weigh close to two tons.

I'm not being biased, it's just that you didn't mention any really real threats stock for stock.

Now a Mach 1 or a 03 Cobra would be a different story.

Red
    1989 Camaro RS

Quote Originally Posted by Bob'sWS6
    I don't see how being front wheel drive and turbo has an advantage over a naturally aspirated V8 rear wheel drive car. I blew one away outta the hole really bad, but have admittedly only raced one.

Author, SRT-4's are nothing to be concerned about if they are stock. They are just a little faster then a 350Z. Lightnings have trouble getting off the line unless they are on slicks or a good set of drag radials. They have very little top end as well. The charger is more or less a joke. They only dyno around 260whp, and they weigh close to two tons.

I'm not being biased, it's just that you didn't mention any really real threats stock for stock.

Now a Mach 1 or a 03 Cobra would be a different story.
    stock for stock with either car is no comparison, those are 2 of the fastsest! The Mach is questionable, but it would be up to the drivers! But the cobra, stock for stock is alot faster

Blue
    04 Mach 1

mach 1 vs the ls1 is a drivers race.
    stock for stock the ls1 will pull a bit harder top end though.
    however the mach will pull a bit harder down low.

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 99blueZ
    My nearly stock '02 WS6 devestated my buddy's SRT-4 out of the hole. I gave him nearly a half second head start off the tree, but made it all back up in the first sixty feet (SRT4: 2.4 60'; ME: 2.0 60'). I just kept on pulling after that. Ran an 8.7 to his 9.4 (or so). Bottom line: Stock LS1 cars can whup up on SRT4s.

l wasnt even comparing srt-4s and LS1s.. l just wanted to know how bad LS1 would kill those..

also how is this possible, FWD>RWD??? WTF?!!? anyway..

l also meant 425HP chargers.. not those 260HP ones.

ALSO SRT-4s ARE NOT A LITTLE FASTER THAN 350Zs. THEY RUN THE SAME TIMES.. high 13s low 14s.. GENERALLY low 14s.

Ratdaddy07
    Have you guys run these cars? Seen times at the track? 03 cobras bone stock on street tires run 13.2 when and only when the driver can stop the wheel hop from the independent rear suspension. I was whoopin that in my 01 TA not only stock but with undersized and CRAPPy Kumho tires. Those times may be a little lower in areas where cool temps,high pressure and dry air are more easily found but the point is the same.

Red
    1989 Camaro RS

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hensgens
    Have you guys run these cars? Seen times at the track? 03 cobras bone stock on street tires run 13.2 when and only when the driver can stop the wheel hop from the independent rear suspension. I was whoopin that in my 01 TA not only stock but with undersized and CRAPPy Kumho tires. Those times may be a little lower in areas where cool temps,high pressure and dry air are more easily found but the point is the same.
    Thats it, only a 13.2??? Thats slow, a few stock cobras here are running 12s easily, and that is in Texas

Thread Information