PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Smile Stock Appearing Muscle Car Drags

Anyone know where & when these races might be appearing ?

lookin for a ws6

re

If you are talking about the old muscle cars and the like, they are usually at the Mid Michigan Motorplex or something like that.

I used to compete in this years ago. I have been out of it for a while now but I do believe they have many other venues, including Salem, Ohio, Michigan as mentioned, also Jersey, and I have seen them in southern Tennessee and Atlanta, Georgia now as well. It's gotten pretty big now,,,check out their website, it should have a current schedule.

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Talking

I just love the looks & sounds of a classic 60's muscle car that appears stock on those little 750x14" red line two ply bias tires running in the 10."s When those two 4-barrel carbs start suckin air & the exhaust sound coming from the stock exhaust system its heaven for an old gear-head.

Quote Originally Posted by Z ROADSTER View Post
    I just love the looks & sounds of a classic 60's muscle car that appears stock on those little 750x14" red line two ply bias tires running in the 10."s When those two 4-barrel carbs start suckin air & the exhaust sound coming from the stock exhaust system its heaven for an old gear-head.
    Well you are talking about the F.A.S.T. series of cars. Those cars are only stock appearing but are heavily modded on the inside with stroker engines and tons of other tricks. I competed in the factory stock class,,,where there was no cheating, just bone stock cars running the times they should have ran, but then a few started springing up and running rediculous times that no stock car should be capable of. As more and more started doing the same, rumors spread and the truth was found,,,then,,the F.A.S.T. class was born where this kind of stuff was allowed but still had to be stock appearing.
    These cars run seperate from the factory stock cars now, although they generally still happen at the same venue on the same weekend.

white
    2002 z28

i think that is at gratten motor speedway in michigan

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Well you are talking about the F.A.S.T. series of cars. Those cars are only stock appearing but are heavily modded on the inside with stroker engines and tons of other tricks. I competed in the factory stock class,,,where there was no cheating, just bone stock cars running the times they should have ran, but then a few started springing up and running rediculous times that no stock car should be capable of. As more and more started doing the same, rumors spread and the truth was found,,,then,,the F.A.S.T. class was born where this kind of stuff was allowed but still had to be stock appearing.
    These cars run seperate from the factory stock cars now, although they generally still happen at the same venue on the same weekend.
    Yeah,I bought a 1967 Chevelle SS new in 67 when I got home from basic training . It was a 4-speed 350 H.P. Bahama Blue metallic inside & out with a black vinyl top. My first car with power steering & A.C. Ran in A-STOCK NHRA class & A-PURESTOCK. Had to run against other 67 Chevelle's with the 396 / 375 H.P. solid lifter cars & always beat them,including 396/375 HP SS Nova's,no problem.Unable to get a bite with the little red line tires I would take off in second gear & ran 13.80's.That was with 3.08 gears. Headers & 3.73's with slicks got me some 12.30's with the A.C. on & headers corked.

Thread Information