So what would your guess be?

This is a discussion on So what would your guess be? within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; What do you all think my 1/4 mile time will be? Mods are in signature. I also run Nitto 555 ...

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

So what would your guess be?

What do you all think my 1/4 mile time will be? Mods are in signature. I also run Nitto 555 DRs.

I haven't ran it at the track in several years and she was bone stock then. I ran a 13.7 at 104MPH. That was with TCS on. Yes, I was a rookie when I first got the car lol.

Also, any advice on the launch would be nice. It will be a new experience for me with the DRs and rear.
    It's on jackstands.

rice..a growing epidemic PAT-LS101's Avatar

blue
    2002 camaro z28 a4

I would say, low to high 12's maybe some 13's @ 110ish
    1999 Camaro Z28 w/ sports appearance package & optional 3.23 rear gears - SLP lid, custom Diablo tune. BEST 1/4 MILE TIME W/O MODS: 13.4 @ 102mph. NEW TIMES SOON!

2002 Camaro Z28 - Stall, gears, exhaust, tuned 12.3 @ 111mph SOLD

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

If you had good traction low to mid 12's. The MPH for me would be easier to guess then your actuall E.T and as stated up top 110 sounds about right. Even with the Nitto's with that much power and 4.11's its very difficult to get traction. Then again i could be a terrible driver. I had a 01 SS with 4.10's with just a exhuast cutout, Nitto DR's, Flowmaster and a lid and i ran a slower time on that set up then i did with the stock 3.42's gears and the factory tires that the car came with back in 01.

I think they were F1's but im not sure, they were good tires once you warmed them up good. Our cars LOVE to rev quick and with the 4.10's i had it would'nt hesitate for a sec to blow the tires off even with the nitto's. I noticed one thing about the DR's i had, they would make this weird noise when you would lose traction like as if your dragging your tires and its trying to stay put. I think i warmed them up too much and they were way too hot, its hard to describe the sound from the tires felt like it was too soft after i warmed them up, although that should sound right tires being soft i think being too soft for those tires meant you shouldnt warm them up that much.
    Last edited by karpetcm; 08-16-2009 at 12:15 AM.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Get a different tire would be my first opinion. The 555R is a good street tire, but sucks for 60's. My last 10 pass's with these shit Nittos have left me spinning for 20 feet. Get a Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial, and with a good hook I would say mid 12's would be attainable. Good luck!
    370 CI - Twin 6766 Turbo - Jakes stage 5 4L80E - MWC 9" - Holley Dominator

Build in progress...

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Get a different tire would be my first opinion. The 555R is a good street tire, but sucks for 60's. My last 10 pass's with these shit Nittos have left me spinning for 20 feet. Get a Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial, and with a good hook I would say mid 12's would be attainable. Good luck!
    I agree about the M/Ts. I needed some wheels for the street though like you mentioned. Maybe when cash is flowing heavy again (you know the stories lol) then I will pick up an extra set just for the track. We'll see. This Tuesday will be 2 weeks without her again. Ugh.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Man, you sure do spend alot of time away from her. The MT ET's can be driven on the street no problem. They do wear stupid fast and act alittle different then most other DR's. Go to the track, get some numbers, and if your hooking well enough to meet your standards then keep those Nitto's on. Im going to guess your not gonna be impressed. You didnt spend 2800 on a rear end/driveshaft to spin for 30 feet Thats how I feel about my 60' at least. I have 3000 dollars worth of strength back there and im pushing out crappy 10 bolt 2.0's. Myself, Im going back to the MT ET Street's because my 60' is seriously pissing me off. Either way, try it out and have fun.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Man, you sure do spend alot of time away from her. The MT ET's can be driven on the street no problem. They do wear stupid fast and act alittle different then most other DR's. Go to the track, get some numbers, and if your hooking well enough to meet your standards then keep those Nitto's on. Im going to guess your not gonna be impressed. You didnt spend 2800 on a rear end/driveshaft to spin for 30 feet Thats how I feel about my 60' at least. I have 3000 dollars worth of strength back there and im pushing out crappy 10 bolt 2.0's. Myself, Im going back to the MT ET Street's because my 60' is seriously pissing me off. Either way, try it out and have fun.
    Yeah. I know M/Ts wear stupid fast and that's the only reason I didn't get them. A new set of tires every year is some high maintenance lol.

Just curious, what were you launching at?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Yeah. I know M/Ts wear stupid fast and that's the only reason I didn't get them. A new set of tires every year is some high maintenance lol.

Just curious, what were you launching at?
    20 PSI - 3500 - spun horrible
    17 PSI - 3000 - Spun horrible
    15 PSI - 2800 - Spun less, but still a 1.92 60'
    14 PSI - 2000 - Dead hooked, bogged the motor down so severely it cost me a 2.6 60' and a LOST race to a SRT-8 I had been beating up on all day.

17 PSI - 3500 and attempted to slip the clutch - Still spun with a 2.0 60'.

I tried many other combo's of PSI/launch RPM's with no avail. It seems I can only hook if I launch at a very low RPM, but then it bogs the motor down so badly I should have just spun. Shouldnt be this complicated. The MT ET's are going on this week, going back wednesday. If I dont get my 1.6's/1.7's then Im taking my buddies 15" rims and a full slick. Caliper's will meet a big grinder.

And the suspension is decent with boxed LCA, BMR rear sway, Hotchkiss SFC, removed front BMR sway, adjustable BMR Tq Arm.

Im looking into a full set of Koni DA's. Get ot the track!~!!

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

20 PSI - 3500 - spun horrible
    17 PSI - 3000 - Spun horrible
    15 PSI - 2800 - Spun less, but still a 1.92 60'
    14 PSI - 2000 - Dead hooked, bogged the motor down so severely it cost me a 2.6 60' and a LOST race to a SRT-8 I had been beating up on all day.

17 PSI - 3500 and attempted to slip the clutch - Still spun with a 2.0 60'.

I tried many other combo's of PSI/launch RPM's with no avail. It seems I can only hook if I launch at a very low RPM, but then it bogs the motor down so badly I should have just spun. Shouldnt be this complicated. The MT ET's are going on this week, going back wednesday. If I dont get my 1.6's/1.7's then Im taking my buddies 15" rims and a full slick. Caliper's will meet a big grinder.

And the suspension is decent with boxed LCA, BMR rear sway, Hotchkiss SFC, removed front BMR sway, adjustable BMR Tq Arm.

Im looking into a full set of Koni DA's. Get ot the track!~!!
    Thanks for the numbers. Good luck and keep me posted on the M/T 60' times.

Thread Information