Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

Thumbs down slow times at the track

It was horrible. I couldn't get traction for shit. i was 1,288 ft. above sea level and my best time was a 14.07 @ 104. But I was beating almost all the people i went against. Fox body mustangs, new Mustang GT's, a GTO, an Infinity G35, a 2nd Generation Camaro, an old Corvette a couple of civics and some other crappy car. There were some other cars there that could have beat me, but i never got to race them. Every body was doing bad. So since I was running street tires and didn't lower the air pressure, cause i didn't want to break my rear end, i spun all over the place. The car has 13's in it, I just have to get traction. But I still had fun. Any tips on breaking 13's?

Trans Am owner
    former

tires and a good launch.

drag racing is all about the dig man. if you can knock off 2 tenths on the 60'....then thats like a .5 second improvement down track.

2000 Trans Am WS6 LS6
    2006 GTO LS2

Mickey Thompson drag radials!!!!!!!

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

yea, im sure if i can get a good launch i could run a lot better. i just dont want to snap my rear end

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by Y2K_CAMARO View Post
    yea, im sure if i can get a good launch i could run a lot better. i just dont want to snap my rear end
    Sorry but you will need to add alot of power to break the rear. First off even if you add a pair of drag radials your car is probably stiff as a truck in the rear still so it's still going to spin. Second unless your spraying 175+ you are NO where near the "snapping" level.

So go lower the pressure to 22-24 and DRIVE AROUND THE WATER BOX!!
    DON'T DO A SMOKEY BURNOUT!! STREET TIRES ENEMY IS HEAT.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Sorry but you will need to add alot of power to break the rear. First off even if you add a pair of drag radials your car is probably stiff as a truck in the rear still so it's still going to spin. Second unless your spraying 175+ you are NO where near the "snapping" level.

So go lower the pressure to 22-24 and DRIVE AROUND THE WATER BOX!!
    DON'T DO A SMOKEY BURNOUT!! STREET TIRES ENEMY IS HEAT.
    hum, I've just heard so many stories, and seen first hand someone break there rear end with a stock motor, but maybe he had some other problems to begin with. I'll give it a try and see how it works. But, either way, when I get back from my deployment, I'm getting, probably, a Moser 12 bolt

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

hum, I've just heard so many stories, and seen first hand someone break there rear end with a stock motor, but maybe he had some other problems to begin with. I'll give it a try and see how it works. But, either way, when I get back from my deployment, I'm getting, probably, a Moser 12 bolt
    Save your money and buy a 9". Much stronger and cheaper. Here is a thread I have posted DETAILED pics that no one can deny. (Page 4)
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81185

Like I said I have MANY cars out here with 10 bolts and nitrous kits with drag radials without breaking. Come up here to Speed World and look under most of the F-body's and you'll see 10 bolts. Very easy to spot from a quick glance. The 10 bolt has a cover bolt directly in the middle the 12 bolt has 2 on the bottom and neither are in the center.

Good luck on your tour.

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Save your money and buy a 9". Much stronger and cheaper. Here is a thread I have posted DETAILED pics that no one can deny. (Page 4)
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81185

Like I said I have MANY cars out here with 10 bolts and nitrous kits with drag radials without breaking. Come up here to Speed World and look under most of the F-body's and you'll see 10 bolts. Very easy to spot from a quick glance. The 10 bolt has a cover bolt directly in the middle the 12 bolt has 2 on the bottom and neither are in the center.

Good luck on your tour.
    well, i guess i will have to do some looking around. thanks for the info. maybe i can go up there some time and check it out

10's N/A

It was horrible. I couldn't get traction for shit. i was 1,288 ft. above sea level and my best time was a 14.07 @ 104. But I was beating almost all the people i went against. Fox body mustangs, new Mustang GT's, a GTO, an Infinity G35, a 2nd Generation Camaro, an old Corvette a couple of civics and some other crappy car. There were some other cars there that could have beat me, but i never got to race them. Every body was doing bad. So since I was running street tires and didn't lower the air pressure, cause i didn't want to break my rear end, i spun all over the place. The car has 13's in it, I just have to get traction. But I still had fun. Any tips on breaking 13's?
    With a 104-mph trap i'd say you don't need any performance upgrades to accomplish your goal. The only mod you need is the driver mod to break the 13-second barrier.

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    With a 104-mph trap i'd say you don't need any performance upgrades to accomplish your goal. The only mod you need is the driver mod to break the 13-second barrier.
    yea, true. It was the first time with that car at the track

Thread Information