Results 1 to 10 of 10

slow times at the track

This is a discussion on slow times at the track within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; It was horrible. I couldn't get traction for shit. i was 1,288 ft. above sea level and my best time ...

  1. #1
    USMC Y2K_CAMARO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Rocky Point, NC
    Posts
    1,399

    Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Thumbs down slow times at the track

    It was horrible. I couldn't get traction for shit. i was 1,288 ft. above sea level and my best time was a 14.07 @ 104. But I was beating almost all the people i went against. Fox body mustangs, new Mustang GT's, a GTO, an Infinity G35, a 2nd Generation Camaro, an old Corvette a couple of civics and some other crappy car. There were some other cars there that could have beat me, but i never got to race them. Every body was doing bad. So since I was running street tires and didn't lower the air pressure, cause i didn't want to break my rear end, i spun all over the place. The car has 13's in it, I just have to get traction. But I still had fun. Any tips on breaking 13's?

  2. #2
    Powerstrokin LT1 > LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Aurora IL
    Posts
    1,264

    Trans Am owner
    former

    tires and a good launch.


    drag racing is all about the dig man. if you can knock off 2 tenths on the 60'....then thats like a .5 second improvement down track.

  3. #3
    JMAC Racing WS6ICK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    535

    2000 Trans Am WS6 LS6
    2006 GTO LS2

    Mickey Thompson drag radials!!!!!!!

  4. #4
    USMC Y2K_CAMARO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Rocky Point, NC
    Posts
    1,399

    Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

    yea, im sure if i can get a good launch i could run a lot better. i just dont want to snap my rear end

  5. #5
    Nitrous Tuner LS2Tuner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WestCoast AZ-CALI
    Posts
    4,763

    Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2K_CAMARO View Post
    yea, im sure if i can get a good launch i could run a lot better. i just dont want to snap my rear end
    Sorry but you will need to add alot of power to break the rear. First off even if you add a pair of drag radials your car is probably stiff as a truck in the rear still so it's still going to spin. Second unless your spraying 175+ you are NO where near the "snapping" level.

    So go lower the pressure to 22-24 and DRIVE AROUND THE WATER BOX!!
    DON'T DO A SMOKEY BURNOUT!! STREET TIRES ENEMY IS HEAT.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

  6. #6
    USMC Y2K_CAMARO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Rocky Point, NC
    Posts
    1,399

    Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Sorry but you will need to add alot of power to break the rear. First off even if you add a pair of drag radials your car is probably stiff as a truck in the rear still so it's still going to spin. Second unless your spraying 175+ you are NO where near the "snapping" level.

    So go lower the pressure to 22-24 and DRIVE AROUND THE WATER BOX!!
    DON'T DO A SMOKEY BURNOUT!! STREET TIRES ENEMY IS HEAT.
    hum, I've just heard so many stories, and seen first hand someone break there rear end with a stock motor, but maybe he had some other problems to begin with. I'll give it a try and see how it works. But, either way, when I get back from my deployment, I'm getting, probably, a Moser 12 bolt

  7. #7
    Nitrous Tuner LS2Tuner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WestCoast AZ-CALI
    Posts
    4,763

    Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2K_CAMARO View Post
    hum, I've just heard so many stories, and seen first hand someone break there rear end with a stock motor, but maybe he had some other problems to begin with. I'll give it a try and see how it works. But, either way, when I get back from my deployment, I'm getting, probably, a Moser 12 bolt
    Save your money and buy a 9". Much stronger and cheaper. Here is a thread I have posted DETAILED pics that no one can deny. (Page 4)
    Strange S60 or 12 Bolt?

    Like I said I have MANY cars out here with 10 bolts and nitrous kits with drag radials without breaking. Come up here to Speed World and look under most of the F-body's and you'll see 10 bolts. Very easy to spot from a quick glance. The 10 bolt has a cover bolt directly in the middle the 12 bolt has 2 on the bottom and neither are in the center.

    Good luck on your tour.

  8. #8
    USMC Y2K_CAMARO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Rocky Point, NC
    Posts
    1,399

    Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Save your money and buy a 9". Much stronger and cheaper. Here is a thread I have posted DETAILED pics that no one can deny. (Page 4)
    Strange S60 or 12 Bolt?

    Like I said I have MANY cars out here with 10 bolts and nitrous kits with drag radials without breaking. Come up here to Speed World and look under most of the F-body's and you'll see 10 bolts. Very easy to spot from a quick glance. The 10 bolt has a cover bolt directly in the middle the 12 bolt has 2 on the bottom and neither are in the center.

    Good luck on your tour.
    well, i guess i will have to do some looking around. thanks for the info. maybe i can go up there some time and check it out

  9. #9
    LTX N20LT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,006
    10's N/A

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2K_CAMARO View Post
    It was horrible. I couldn't get traction for shit. i was 1,288 ft. above sea level and my best time was a 14.07 @ 104. But I was beating almost all the people i went against. Fox body mustangs, new Mustang GT's, a GTO, an Infinity G35, a 2nd Generation Camaro, an old Corvette a couple of civics and some other crappy car. There were some other cars there that could have beat me, but i never got to race them. Every body was doing bad. So since I was running street tires and didn't lower the air pressure, cause i didn't want to break my rear end, i spun all over the place. The car has 13's in it, I just have to get traction. But I still had fun. Any tips on breaking 13's?
    With a 104-mph trap i'd say you don't need any performance upgrades to accomplish your goal. The only mod you need is the driver mod to break the 13-second barrier.

  10. #10
    USMC Y2K_CAMARO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Rocky Point, NC
    Posts
    1,399

    Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    With a 104-mph trap i'd say you don't need any performance upgrades to accomplish your goal. The only mod you need is the driver mod to break the 13-second barrier.
    yea, true. It was the first time with that car at the track

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Slow times, but consistent.
    By jb'sWS6 in forum Drag Racing
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 01:25 PM
  2. The best of bad track times???
    By GNICTRY in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:08 AM
  3. New Track times
    By Camaro9teen96 in forum LT1
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-02-2006, 08:33 PM
  4. New Track Times
    By Camaro9teen96 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-06-2006, 08:38 PM
  5. Track Times
    By ur jlus in forum Drag Racing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-08-2006, 02:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •