Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39

Shoot me an educated guess

This is a discussion on Shoot me an educated guess within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Mike0202 Looking to hit the track with some radials this july. 98 ws6, 6 speed, with magnaflow ...

  1. #21
    Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    716

    Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    Looking to hit the track with some radials this july. 98 ws6, 6 speed, with magnaflow cat back, k&n's and a healthy 22,000 miles. whatcha think
    If your an ok driver and you get a cool day with no head wind, and your at sea level. with your mods, i would guess a 13.2 would be a good run on street tires. A great driver would run a high 12.

    But like everyone says, theres alot of variables, hard to say what you will run.


    Also an auto trans is more consistant than a m6, becasue its easier to push on the gas and not have to shift with a clutch. So you will see more m6 people out there with high 13's, and if they ran an auto they might get a mid 13. But if you have a good driver with a m6 they will get low 13s with it and still get mid 13's with the auto. in other words, practice makes perfect with a stick shift.

    fbod good driver = ........auto - mid 13's .............stick - low 13s
    fbod average driver = .....auto - mid 13s ............stick - high 13s
    fbod bad driver= ...........auto - mid 13s .............stick - low 14s
    Last edited by preston1980; 08-07-2009 at 08:02 AM. Reason: grammer
    Torch Red -1999 FRC Corvette- Borla Stinger exhaust, Halltech Stinger intake

  2. #22
    rice..a growing epidemic PAT-LS101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    OREGON
    Posts
    212

    blue
    2002 camaro z28 a4

    I dont fully agree with that, a M6 and a A4 are pretty equal stock in the 1/4 mile. Ive seen m6's in the 13.2 to 14.2 range and ive seen the same for the a4's.

    And, in some cases you just cant gun a auto off the line cause ur gunna spin trust me, ive tried it. My best run in my car w/ below mods is 13.0 @ 108 with bald 245's stalling at 1200 rpm's and going 1/4 throttle till it hooks. My worst is 13.2 @ 107-106 when its real hot and humid days.

    I do agree that a m6 is quite a bit harder to drive but, with that being said, a m6 and a a4 in good conditions with equal drivers are EQUAL cars, it depends on preference. So, moral of the story is... Dont let the A4 haters get ya down!
    1999 Camaro Z28 w/ sports appearance package & optional 3.23 rear gears - SLP lid, custom Diablo tune. BEST 1/4 MILE TIME W/O MODS: 13.4 @ 102mph. NEW TIMES SOON!


    2002 Camaro Z28 - Stall, gears, exhaust, tuned 12.3 @ 111mph SOLD

  3. #23
    Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    716

    Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

    Quote Originally Posted by PAT-LS101 View Post
    I dont fully agree with that, a M6 and a A4 are pretty equal stock in the 1/4 mile. Ive seen m6's in the 13.2 to 14.2 range and ive seen the same for the a4's.

    And, in some cases you just cant gun a auto off the line cause ur gunna spin trust me, ive tried it. My best run in my car w/ below mods is 13.0 @ 108 with bald 245's stalling at 1200 rpm's and going 1/4 throttle till it hooks. My worst is 13.2 @ 107-106 when its real hot and humid days.

    I do agree that a m6 is quite a bit harder to drive but, with that being said, a m6 and a a4 in good conditions with equal drivers are EQUAL cars, it depends on preference. So, moral of the story is... Dont let the A4 haters get ya down!
    I have to disagree with you when you say that a m6 and a4 with equal drivers are eqaul cars. A LS1 with eqaul drivers: The m6 will beat the auto in the qaurter mile almost every time. Remember the m6 cars all had 3.42 rear ends. the autos had 2.73 and 3.23s. That alone make a m6 faster. A good driver will get an auto in the mid 13s. A good driver with an m6 will get low 13's. This is what I (on average) see at the track and on the street.

    There is always that guy that cant launch his m6 ls1 and runs low 14's consistanly. and then he drives and auto and gets a mid 13. So he tells people that the auto is faster. Its all about the driver and how much practice and skill you have.

  4. #24
    rice..a growing epidemic PAT-LS101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    OREGON
    Posts
    212

    blue
    2002 camaro z28 a4

    From my personal experience they seem to be pretty equal but that could be that im just a crappy driver!

    Either way, there both great cars its just ive seen them at the track and racing on the back roads and the current car I have is the fastest out of all 10 camaros ive owned! and, it was a mix between m6's m5's and a4's.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Zboner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    cincinnati/northern ky
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,045

    Black
    99 SS

    what did you run?

  6. #26
    rice..a growing epidemic PAT-LS101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    OREGON
    Posts
    212

    blue
    2002 camaro z28 a4

    Quote Originally Posted by Zboner View Post
    what did you run?
    I run a best 13.03 @ 108 and I run on a hot day 13.2 @ 107 to 106

  7. #27
    Hey guys. Ill be going soon. Just ordered an slp air lid so hopefully that will cut off .1-.2.

  8. #28
    Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    716

    Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

    Quote Originally Posted by PAT-LS101 View Post
    From my personal experience they seem to be pretty equal but that could be that im just a crappy driver!

    Either way, there both great cars its just ive seen them at the track and racing on the back roads and the current car I have is the fastest out of all 10 camaros ive owned! and, it was a mix between m6's m5's and a4's.
    agree to disagree I guess. Respectfully of course.

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oakdale MN
    Posts
    66

    Silver
    1998 z28 convertible

    If you had 2 cars that were exactly the same except one was a stick and the other was an automatic the stick should win every time if the person driving the stick can power shift. If they don't power shift they will probably lose. IMO

    power shift-shift while leaving car floored, you guys might call it something else

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NEW JERSEY
    Posts
    814

    PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

    yeah I call it death of a trans

  11. #31
    rice..a growing epidemic PAT-LS101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    OREGON
    Posts
    212

    blue
    2002 camaro z28 a4

    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY JERZY View Post
    yeah I call it death of a trans

  12. #32
    Member cuzimoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Newport Beach
    Posts
    407

    Black
    99 Formula

    Guess we'll see how good you can pedal the throttle and row your gears. I've seen. Expect lots of wheel spin. Seen guys have trouble getting out of the 14's.

  13. #33

    Cool

    Hey guys. Just thought Id post my results back here. Guess I did decent. Thanks for all the responses.

    Run 1- 13.0@108
    Run 2- 13.0@108
    Run 3- 12.8@109

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    140

    Pewter
    2000 A4 WS6

    My stock WS6 A4 did 13.20's all day and a 13.17 on a 60 degree day. Every car slash driver is different...

    Jeff

  15. #35
    Member Speed_kills_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Age
    37
    Posts
    403

    Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by cuzimoto View Post
    Guess we'll see how good you can pedal the throttle and row your gears. I've seen. Expect lots of wheel spin. Seen guys have trouble getting out of the 14's.
    Glad I don't have this problem, lol. It takes a little skill to use a clutch and shift and run what the car is capable of.

  16. #36
    Member qwk93ta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fairfield, Ohio
    Age
    54
    Posts
    944

    Black
    00 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    Hey guys. Just thought Id post my results back here. Guess I did decent. Thanks for all the responses.

    Run 1- 13.0@108
    Run 2- 13.0@108
    Run 3- 12.8@109

    What were your 60' times? Do you know what the DA was? What RPM did you leave the line at?

  17. #37
    Senior Member Too Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,170

    Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    Hey guys. Just thought Id post my results back here. Guess I did decent. Thanks for all the responses.

    Run 1- 13.0@108
    Run 2- 13.0@108
    Run 3- 12.8@109
    Nice times.

    One important thing people are not saying about the diff between M6/A4 is the stick shifts have an extra gear before going 1:1, that helps them be faster, by keeping the engine in the fat part of the torque/HP curve longer.

  18. #38
    Member cuzimoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Newport Beach
    Posts
    407

    Black
    99 Formula

    Very sweet. Glad you represented well. Just goes to show what these things really do in the right hands.

  19. #39
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Nice times.

    One important thing people are not saying about the diff between M6/A4 is the stick shifts have an extra gear before going 1:1, that helps them be faster, by keeping the engine in the fat part of the torque/HP curve longer.

    Ya, but a stall with shift extension helps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Attn St. Louis Thugs: Shoot at Cop, They Will Shoot Back
    By wileyCoyote in forum Political / Debate Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-21-2014, 10:40 AM
  2. educated guess
    By BlueZ01 in forum Drag Racing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-14-2009, 02:53 PM
  3. educated guess
    By BlueZ01 in forum Drag Racing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-08-2009, 09:02 PM
  4. educated guess on ET's with this setup....
    By robjobiv in forum Drag Racing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-13-2007, 09:48 AM
  5. How educated are you?
    By derrinx in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 05-10-2007, 07:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •