Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

popped my track cherry :D

This is a discussion on popped my track cherry :D within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; dusting off the tires past the water box is no big deal especially if the tires are still spinning....

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

dusting off the tires past the water box is no big deal especially if the tires are still spinning.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Quote Originally Posted by LeadFarmer View Post
    it would seem that we both need gears in bad way, i'm guessing you've got 2.73's as well?
    edit: just saw ur an m6 lol. it would seem as if u need to just practice shifting faster, what rpm are u dumping at? you should def. be beating me since i'm not stalled
    yes.... what you see there is called me bogging on the launch.... gotta try a little more RPM next time I go down there.... and work on that RT too. But hey check out that MPH!!! Terrible run yet in speed is right in there with your better run. i trapped just under 105 in the 1/4 on that run. My car has the power.... just gotta learn how to harness it. Needs a clutch too... loose and mush when snapping off shifts. methinks it's on it's last legs but still holding power at WOT.

I mean.... let's put it this way.... I "nearly" powershifted 1-2, only a partial lift, and got 0 rubber at the track.... Normally i'll get a little rubber on the street so I know the track just happens to be sticky.... but still.... getting a 4th gen sideways is pretty much what is supposed to happen lol. sigh... time to look at clutches.... and drill mods

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    I have cut 1.94's on stock street tires.
    x2 lca with relo and catback

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

60: 2.036

mods: A4, 273, catback, hf catted y, lid, k&n, lower springs, stiffer shocks/struts, lca relos, toyo proxy tq 275/r16 drag radials
    Softer springs and shocks in the front assist with weight transfer to he back. Try disconecting one side of the front sway bar and wrapping it up with some wire while you are at the track. Also air up the front tires to about 40 pounds to reduce rolling resistance. The lowering springs don't help either in terms of performance.

The 273s are killing you as is the stock torque converter.

The rear, although "fragile" for sustained abuse, should take a few passes at the track. The rear on my 1994 held up for about 400 passes before it broke, and another 400 before it broke again and I bought a 12 bolt.

Contrary to popular belief, "hooking" on drag radials is harder on the rear than on traditional (non radial), ET Streets due to the stiffer sidewall construction on drag radials. It is a shock of the launch more than the total force that breaks rears. Of course, the driver's decision to launch at a higher rpm because they have traction is is the root cause of rears breaking more frequently on slicks or softer DOT legal slicks like traditional ET Streets.

To this day I do not have relocation brackets or subframe connectors on my car. They simply are not necessary for consistent launching at my level of performance (1.5 sixty foot times). I do have drag springs and shocks, and an airbag over the passenger side rear. I also have 28" Et Streets mounted on 10" rims and MT DOT approved front skinnies, and the sway bar was removed years back.

With your combination I suggest a torque converter (and transmission cooler), and maybe a lockup switch (if you drive on the highway), and/or gears to make the most of the power you have available.

For the burnout, roll out of the box while spinning to minimize picking up debris from the burnout area. This is also a smooth motion and will reduce the shock when your tires fetch up.

For the best sixty foot tie stage as shallow as possible.

With a higher stall speed you can flash the converter prior to launch and actually leave off a lower rpm to obtain the best sixty foot time. I launch at 1500 rpm unless I have a super sticky track, perfect weather, and want to hoist the front wheels (which slows you down if they come up more than a few inches).

This is just my opinion...

rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

^damn, thanks alot for the advice

RED
    2002/Z28

I have been 1.9x 60ft with stock converter,273 gears street tires. My mods are SLP Y,SLP LM1,P&P TB,Delphi 85mm maf,TB bypass,Smooth bellows,SLP Lid,K&N,FRA. My best is a 8.54@85mph in the 1/8th. I get my best times when I leave off Idle..Stock tune

I just ordered Pacesetter Ceramic Coated LT's/TSP ORY and Circle D 3000-3200 Stall,B&M Super Cooler 29,200 GVW 29,200 BTU.I got a complete Rearend with 342s/373 gears for free,Hypertech 160 stat.Frost is gonna tune it.

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by EVIL-LS1 View Post
    I have been 1.9x 60ft with stock converter,273 gears street tires. My mods are SLP Y,SLP LM1,P&P TB,Delphi 85mm maf,TB bypass,Smooth bellows,SLP Lid,K&N,FRA. My best is a 8.54@85mph in the 1/8th. I get my best times when I leave off Idle..Stock tune

I just ordered Pacesetter Ceramic Coated LT's/TSP ORY and Circle D 3000-3200 Stall,B&M Super Cooler 29,200 GVW 29,200 BTU.I got a complete Rearend with 342s/373 gears for free,Hypertech 160 stat.Frost is gonna tune it.

Dark blue/ Green
    02 ss 35th/99 z28 camaros

stall it a little more it will hold lower tires to 15 psi

RED
    2002/Z28

have you tryed all types of RPMs to leave at. My best is off Idle. But it will probally be differant with a stall/LT's/ORY/Gear..When you leave are you flooring all the way. Move your seat all the way up if you can. Put the floor mat on the other side it can get under the pedal and stop you from going WOT..
    Last edited by EVIL-LS1; 05-05-2010 at 07:51 PM.

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by EVIL-LS1 View Post
    have you tryed all types of RPMs to leave at. My best is off Idle. But it will probally be differant with a stall/LT's/ORY/Gear..When you leave are you flooring all the way. Move your seat all the way up if you can. Put the floor mat on the other side it can get under the pedal and stop you from going WOT..
    that's a good idea, I'm pretty sure the pedal is all the way down but i'll try both next friday and post up a vid of my runs, along with that of my friends(02 SS, S13, Cobra)

Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

1/4 mile here only but..

I have a 99 TA with 110 000 miles that just ran a 13.64 at 105mph bone stock.
    Just hold the brake hard , press on the gas if it starts spinning let go of the gas a little bit until it stops spinning and them let go of the brake and tramp the shit out of it. That's what I did and it worked lol

cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information