pewter
    99 Trans Am

Thumbs up Pinks all out Racing.

Just wanted to know how many of you watched the TV show Pinks all out Drag Racing with 16 racers trying to win 10,000 dollars. If so what did you think of the races and what do you think of the way they paid out 1,000 to each racer that won his or her frist race?

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

I watched the show, not a big fan of pinks, but that episode was pretty good. They actually ran their cars instead of sand bagging which usually takes place. Yes I understand they are trying to win each others vehicles, but I would like to watch racing instead of who can negotiate the best. just my .02

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    I watched the show, not a big fan of pinks, but that episode was pretty good. They actually ran their cars instead of sand bagging which usually takes place. Yes I understand they are trying to win each others vehicles, but I would like to watch racing instead of who can negotiate the best. just my .02
    Don't know about you guys but back in LA during the 80's it was ALL about how much shit you could talk yet didn't reveal about your car and how few saw it race that would get big $$$ wins. My 68 ChevyII Nova was uglier than a warmed over turd, dented, busted grille, loosened the fenders so it rattled, modified powerglide column shifter (modified to get 1st on the TH350), gutted interior with racing buckets - you get the picture. Engine was a full roller .04 over 327 (331cid - 68 forged large journal crank in a 4-bolt 010 block), Pink rods, TRW 12:1 full floating pistons, Bowtie 2.02/1.65 heads, Holley strip dominator with worked 750 dbbl pumper. I blueprinted the engine when I assembled it. File to fit rings, low tension oil rings, multiple bearing sets to get even clearances. Had a 3K stall in a worked TH350. Rear was a 8.2" 10 bolt with 4.11 Zoom gears and after market axles. It would make power to 7500 RPM but I set the rev limiter at 7300. Even used retreaded cheater slicks: http://www.hurstracingtires.com/1085822.html Middle tire in the 2nd row of pix is what I had on the car. End result was a low 11 second street car. Ahhhh, the old days. If it wasn't for then I might not be doing this now.

white
    2002 z28

its a lot better then the reg show. shows what the cars can really do but on the other hand the reg pinks shows aother side of drag racing

Thread Information