linktrek

Nitrous Cheating

Having an '02 Mustang that I spray with 100 shot. If your car got beaten by the Mustang with the nitrous, would you just say to yourself that you lost the race because the guy had nitrous, or would you accept the loss ass legitiment because the Mustang came in first?
    Now tell the truth
    Last edited by linktrek; 03-10-2006 at 02:37 AM.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Its not cheating if you tell the other person you have it.
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383 | ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert
    Its not cheating if you tell the other person you have it.
    i agree...i know plenty of guys with nitrous that have no problem tellling you they have it and what size shot it is. it's the sneaky bastards (like the 'LT1' guy you ran at the track) that I consider cheaters. i figure i wasn't beaten b/c the other guy has this or that, i lost b/c I need more power
    95 Exploder

01 R1 coming?

linktrek
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedge
    i agree...i know plenty of guys with nitrous that have no problem tellling you they have it and what size shot it is. it's the sneaky bastards (like the 'LT1' guy you ran at the track) that I consider cheaters. i figure i wasn't beaten b/c the other guy has this or that, i lost b/c I need more power
    Just curious...what kind of 60' did you run to get the 13.4?

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by linktrek
    Just curious...what kind of 60' did you run to get the 13.4?
    oh, i baby it out to a 2.1 or 2.2. this is my 4th 4th gen and the first one taught me a harsh lesson about these BS rears, so i hafta be gentle until I get a 12 bolt...oh, and I granny shift for the same reason

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

oh, i baby it out to a 2.1 or 2.2. this is my 4th 4th gen and the first one taught me a harsh lesson about these BS rears, so i hafta be gentle until I get a 12 bolt...oh, and I granny shift for the same reason
    just found the time slip for that run....2.165

linktrek
    I'm learning alot about GM cars here and it frustrates me. If you invested money.. not on the engine but on the suspension with some sticky tires you would be in the high 12's 12.8 12.9. We mustang people don't have alot of power to work with so we concentrate alot on our 60'. It would take all the bolt-ons to get us a trap speed of 106mph.

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

I'm learning alot about GM cars here and it frustrates me. If you invested money.. not on the engine but on the suspension with some sticky tires you would be in the high 12's 12.8 12.9. We mustang people don't have alot of power to work with so we concentrate alot on our 60'. It would take all the bolt-ons to get us a trap speed of 106mph.
    i only spent a little money for a couple of minor bolt ons...for the future mods and for sound, can't roll with the stock muffler, my Lincoln is louder, lol

but yeah, when i score some dough, i'm doing the rear, gears, suspension and tires for sure

linktrek
    i only spent a little money for a couple of minor bolt ons...for the future mods and for sound, can't roll with the stock muffler, my Lincoln is louder, lol

but yeah, when i score some dough, i'm doing the rear, gears, suspension and tires for sure
    I see you consistantly in the 12's

10 sec. club

550rwhp Unlocked
    '05 GTO

nope.. its not cheating. ya win.. ya win..

if ya lose, ya lose i'm only sprayin a 150 shot. lol

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

i can't stand the whiners that say nitrous is cheating. then say a turbo/supercharger isn't???

it's a run what you brung in the street scene. either you brought enough or you didn't. the statement of if they tell you it isn't cheating i disagree with as well. if you ask and they don't tell you and they have it, then i'd say it's cheating. even so, if i race someone, i really don't care what they have. it'd be nice to know, but i'll ask. if they don't want to tell me, then it's fine. they get that back.

the only time i see nitrous as cheating is if two people agreed the person wouldn't use it. yet did during the race. at that point, that person is cheating and automatically loses the race/money.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23
    i can't stand the whiners that say nitrous is cheating. then say a turbo/supercharger isn't???

it's a run what you brung in the street scene. either you brought enough or you didn't. the statement of if they tell you it isn't cheating i disagree with as well. if you ask and they don't tell you and they have it, then i'd say it's cheating. even so, if i race someone, i really don't care what they have. it'd be nice to know, but i'll ask. if they don't want to tell me, then it's fine. they get that back.

the only time i see nitrous as cheating is if two people agreed the person wouldn't use it. yet did during the race. at that point, that person is cheating and automatically loses the race/money.
    +1

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

I see you consistantly in the 12's
    thanks!

linktrek
    I bumped my nitrous up to 125 shot. I hope to bring my ET to 11.7. Not bad for
    bolton mustang right

linktrek
    Oh... my et is in my sig. Reason why I'm not doin' the 150 is because I need to install a differrent fuel
    pump. Plus I have a returnless fuel system and 150 is really pushing it so I'm waiting to get a dynotune at the beginning of May.
    Last edited by linktrek; 03-09-2006 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23

Couldn't have said it better, especially on the forced induction comparo. Speed costs money, no matter what form it takes - to discount one method as opposed to another seems rather narrow-minded, although I've personally found those complaining are simply looking for excuses. When I run forced induction, I hear the "oh, well, he's got a turbo" whining, so it just goes to show that those without the 'W' on their slip will throw anything out to save face.
    '93 Ford Probe GT
    12.9 @ 105.5 all-motor
    11.9 @ 114.3 NX 75-wet
    no turbo times yet
    Not stock

Hotrod
    Never thought it was cheating as long as you know about it. Now if you beat me on nitrous and I don't have nitrous I will want to race you heads up just to see how our cars compare. Then I'm going to the shop and having nitrous installed. Like mentioned above, either you got enough or you need to put it back in the shop!

Pewter
    02' Z28 Vert

If they don't say they have nitrous,then they are cheating. If you are running for the fun of it, who the f*** cares! Run it and have the fun. When you have to win every time, you need a life or daddy war bucks.
    "02 Z28 vert pewter
    lid,smooth bellow, ram air, k&n, flowmaster
    hypertech tuner, TB bypass,shortie headers,Hotchkins STB

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by ur jlus
    If they don't say they have nitrous,then they are cheating.
    it's only cheating if they say they don't have it. then use it to win. is it cheating if they have a supercharger and don't tell you?

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

nowdays i dont think it is cheating because so many people use NOS or SCs.

Thread Information