newbie running 13s

This is a discussion on newbie running 13s within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; finally went to the track to get some times: my best time was 13.29 @ 107.66 60ft 2.0633 I've read ...

slowly working my way up Chicago Camaro's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 Camaro

newbie running 13s

finally went to the track to get some times: my best time was 13.29 @ 107.66 60ft 2.0633
    I've read the few posts before this I understand that drag radials: bf goodrich, nittos can do wonders with the numbers, I'm sticking with my kumos all season since I'm always on the budget, what else can a cheap skate do?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

u can buy an airlid. cheap as hell lol
    and if its an auto, u can buy a shift kit and stall convertor.

welcome to the site

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

great times too!

Pewter
    2000 Camaro

thanks... I already do have a lid with bellows and maf sensor, I don't know why my sig is not showing that. I'm planning on getting some headers and and true duals and hopefully I could crack 12 with my 2.73 gears! I like the idea of getting the torque converter, but I was thinking of getting it in one nice package...

I was thinking of buying the stage 3 trans from Speed with the torque converter, perhaps putting a lighter driveshaft, and adding on a 12 bolt with 3.73 gears. Is this a good combo to take to the strip every now and then while remaining a street killer? I hope so.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Camaro View Post
    thanks... I already do have a lid with bellows and maf sensor, I don't know why my sig is not showing that. I'm planning on getting some headers and and true duals and hopefully I could crack 12 with my 2.73 gears! I like the idea of getting the torque converter, but I was thinking of getting it in one nice package...

I was thinking of buying the stage 3 trans from Speed with the torque converter, perhaps putting a lighter driveshaft, and adding on a 12 bolt with 3.73 gears. Is this a good combo to take to the strip every now and then while remaining a street killer? I hope so.
    soudns good to me!!!

white
    2002 z28

the best mod for autos i think is the converotr besides NX. oull take like .5 sec off your ET. but what you said is on the right track. headers are great mod. and the 12 bolt is a must with really high HP. just make sure you go around 3000-3400 on the stall soo you dont have to get a new one.

and for your sig there is a check box on the right hand corner you have to check to show your sig

good luck welcome to this site

Cayenne Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 M6

If you get a stall don't forget a nice tranny cooler.
    1998 Camaro Z28 1LE: TR Cam (plus normal cam install upgrades), Ceramic coated Pacesetter Headers, ORY, SLP Loudmouth (SOOOO Loud), B&M shifter, Lid, All free mods, Tubular Panhard, LS7 Clutch

1978 Firebird: Chevy 350, 4 bolt to many mods to list

Pewter
    2000 Camaro

hey thanks for the replies

I was going to get the drive shaft, 12 bolt, trans with a vig converter, all in one, but I would have to save up all year. Someone on another board, told me to stick with the 10 bolt and driveshaft I have now since I don't go to the track everyday. I will replace the 10 bolt and driveshaft, when it comes time. For now I have to save for the trans. I was thinking, flt trans stage 3, but I would opt for four or five if it can do daily driving. I'm thinking of a vig stall 3600 to 3800.

Is this too much for a daily driver/ car I can take to the strip or dyno once in a while? Another question: Do I need a tune after this mod? thanks!
    pewter z28 strippa a4 2.73. min mods: lid, maf, bellows. kooks lt 1 3/4 stepped 1 7/8 headers to td race magnums. Looking for shifting: next up trans and vig converter 3600 to 3800!

white
    2002 z28

lots of people run the crap ou tof the 10 bolt with spray and still is fine, its just a matter of time thoe with high HP. wouldnt do that first thoe, i heard that can even make it slower. and for the conv. some would say 3800 is to high for a DD, i would go with the 300-3400 range casue lots of them are sometimes under rated. and lots after installing that never had a tune that i know of but there is a tune for that

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

welcome

Black
    98 Trans Am

what else can a cheap skate do?

3.42's
    32-3400 vig convereter
    transgo shift kit
    pcmforless tune
    drag radials