new times at track

This is a discussion on new times at track within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; This past weekend i went to the track twice and made some runs friday night and during the day sunday. ...

American Muscle

Blue
    2001 Formula

new times at track

This past weekend i went to the track twice and made some runs friday night and during the day sunday. friday the best i could get was a 12.99 @110 wit a 2.0 60ft the problem i had was getting traction powershifting the gears. Everytime a would hit 2nd and 3rd it would spin hard and throw me all over the track twice i even had to let off. Sunday during the day i ran a 12.91 @112 wit a 1.9 60ft but i still kicked out and spun quite a bit banging the gears. It just does not seem right before my dyno tune, headers, Plugs wires(tr55ix msd8.5mm),160therm, free mods and the cold air kit from slp i ran a 12.9 at 110 wit a 2.0 60 and now i am pretty much the same except my trap on the one run. Do you guys think spinning hard shifting the gears is messing up my times a little. (i already ordered dr's so you don't need to tell me)
    01 Formula M6 Dark BLue Metallic

Mods:SLP Lm Catback,Pacesetter Lt's with off road Y pipe, Complete Slp cold air kit,Free mods, B&M ripper shifter,cartek dyno tune,Umi Lca's and panhard rod,Ls7 Clutch Kit,4.10's,mickeyT Dr's,and TT2's
    12.51 1/4 @113 340rwhp 352rwtq

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

nice times

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Put some real tires on it!! Also get a pair of V-6 springs from the junk yard.
    It will be night and day difference.
    I hope you didn't order Nittos!
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

American Muscle

Blue
    2001 Formula

no i got bfg dr's that fit my stock 16's 255 width. What is the advantage of the v6 springs

Red
    2001 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by formy01 View Post
    What is the advantage of the v6 springs
    x2.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by formy01 View Post
    no i got bfg dr's that fit my stock 16's 255 width. What is the advantage of the v6 springs
    All "sport" model F bodys come with a VERY stiff spring for handling and corners. By NO means were they set-up to hook out of the gate!
    By replacing you supper stiff springs with the lighter V-6 ones it will let the actual car weight transfer.
    If you walk to the rear corner of your car now and try to press down on the body it will barely move like a truck.......
    Now try the same thing with your $40 junkyard springs.
    If the car is dropped at all you will need to cut about a 1/2 or so. Do yourself a favor if that is the case and make sure the gas tank is full!!! And only cut a 1/4 coil at a time.

It will make a bigger difference than those LCA did. I guarantee it I've been building nitrous street cars for 15 years.
    That is the FIRST suspension mod I ever make and in many cases the only one needed besides sub frame connectors.
    Drag springs work in DRAG CARS! With roll cages,90/10 struts,very light front spring that flip the front up with the throttle ect.......

American Muscle

Blue
    2001 Formula

definitly makes sense now thanks i will do that

sebring silver
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    All "sport" model F bodys come with a VERY stiff spring for handling and corners. By NO means were they set-up to hook out of the gate!
    By replacing you supper stiff springs with the lighter V-6 ones it will let the actual car weight transfer.
    If you walk to the rear corner of your car now and try to press down on the body it will barely move like a truck.......
    Now try the same thing with your $40 junkyard springs.
    If the car is dropped at all you will need to cut about a 1/2 or so. Do yourself a favor if that is the case and make sure the gas tank is full!!! And only cut a 1/4 coil at a time.

It will make a bigger difference than those LCA did. I guarantee it I've been building nitrous street cars for 15 years.
    That is the FIRST suspension mod I ever make and in many cases the only one needed besides sub frame connectors.
    Drag springs work in DRAG CARS! With roll cages,90/10 struts,very light front spring that flip the front up with the throttle ect.......
    will the v6 springs lower the ride height at all

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

It just depends EVERY car is different. Usually it will be 1/4-1/2" lower than stock uncollapsed WS6 springs.
    They are SO easy to put in and out with the shocks undone it doesn't take any time to take in and out several times to get the desired ride height by trimming 1/4 coil at a time.

Thread Information