Mir 5/23

This is a discussion on Mir 5/23 within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; First time for my 99 SS vert and the first time in 20 yrs for me at the strip. Mods ...

Mir 5/23

First time for my 99 SS vert and the first time in 20 yrs for me at the strip. Mods are lid, catback 4.10s.

Best time

60 - 2.133
    1/8 - 8.798
    1/4 - 13.509 @ 105.44

I was hoping to get into the 13.2s but i found it harder to launch then i thought first two runs i bogged the car. I found it faster to just spin a bit and get it going. I missed 3rd once i really don't like this shifter for any kind of hard driving so it's gone. I had a blast though forgot how much fun it was. I will go back in a few weeks with a Pro 5 and DRs see what I can do.

Black
    2000 Z-28

Don't see why you wouldn't be able to reach your goal w/ some sticky tires and a better shifter. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

I'd like to pull high 12s with DRs. I'm sure it's possible once I get my launch down with them. I just need to walk a fine line between launching hard and saving my 10 bolt. I might do a P&P TB before the next time out too.

Thread Information