Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

m6 vs a4

This is a discussion on m6 vs a4 within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; first off hello everyone! i don't own an f-body i'm i broke college/tech school what ever kid right now (only ...

turtle
    first off hello everyone! i don't own an f-body i'm i broke college/tech school what ever kid right now (only 4 1/2 months left ). but the biggest problem i see poeple (and i used to have) is shifting waaay to hard putting waay to much stress on the drive train. quick shifts don't have to be harder then hell, there all about timing. as soon as you start pushing the clutch done start grabbing the next gear. the only time the clutch needs to be fully depressed is when your sliding into the next gear. sorry if you all already know this, but if not hope it helps some.

lee1rbc
    These post show that it really doesn't matter. A4 or M6 at the drag strip are basically even cars, adv A4 at the start adv M6 at the finish. If you love to shift and really want to earn your 1/4 mile times, get the M6. If you don't want to shift all the time, and want garanteed track #s get the A4. I have an A4 and after my first dyno 291hp I turned a 13.38 1/4 on my very first pass with the car.

But to be honest I love to shift.

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by lee1rbc
    If you don't want to shift all the time, and want garanteed track #s get the A4.
    Absolutely. Automatic's dominate "bracket" racing, and are much more consistent.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information