Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

LT1 vs. swapped civic.......

This is a discussion on LT1 vs. swapped civic....... within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; theres this kid at my school that is gonna drop a B18 motor in his civic and throw a turbo ...

  1. #1
    Powerstrokin LT1 > LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Aurora IL
    Posts
    1,264

    Trans Am owner
    former

    LT1 vs. swapped civic.......

    theres this kid at my school that is gonna drop a B18 motor in his civic and throw a turbo on it. by the time he's done doin that. I'll have a new converter, 3.73's, full exhaust w/ long tubes, and maybe a cam. I might have some nitto 555r's too.


    so, do you think he'll blow my doors off or what? thats a really light car, and that b18 might be pretty quick......its kinda got me worried......should I be?

  2. #2
    Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Laurel, Maryland
    Posts
    4,977

    2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

    haha...no

  3. #3
    Member adam3566's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Janesville,Wisconsin
    Posts
    880

    black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

    Quote Originally Posted by LT1 > LS1 View Post
    theres this kid at my school that is gonna drop a B18 motor in his civic and throw a turbo on it. by the time he's done doin that. I'll have a new converter, 3.73's, full exhaust w/ long tubes, and maybe a cam. I might have some nitto 555r's too.


    so, do you think he'll blow my doors off or what? thats a really light car, and that b18 might be pretty quick......its kinda got me worried......should I be?
    Depending on boost and what gen civic as well as what b18 he has, you could be in for an ass pounding or he could not get traction and you would destroy him. Your best and probably only way of beating him would be from a dig. If he runs 8-9 pounds of boost, he most likely won't get decent traction till 2nd or 3rd gear.

  4. #4
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    aurora? what school u go to

  5. #5
    Powerstrokin LT1 > LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Aurora IL
    Posts
    1,264

    Trans Am owner
    former

    oswego district.



    I dont know the boost. he siad he refuses to run fro ma stop. minimum 10 roll........hahahahaha

  6. #6
    Member adam3566's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Janesville,Wisconsin
    Posts
    880

    black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

    Quote Originally Posted by LT1 > LS1 View Post
    oswego district.



    I dont know the boost. he siad he refuses to run fro ma stop. minimum 10 roll........hahahahaha
    A 10 roll is pointless. Tell him this best of 3 1 from a dig, one from a 25 or your best gear, and a 50 roll.

  7. #7
    Powerstrokin LT1 > LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Aurora IL
    Posts
    1,264

    Trans Am owner
    former

    Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    A 10 roll is pointless. Tell him this best of 3 1 from a dig, one from a 25 or your best gear, and a 50 roll.
    yeah. that sounds good.


    my car as of now doesnt kick down to 1st unless under 30 mph. so no roll races starting at 35-45 mph.


    50 roll is doable. but I have to lug second gear al lthe way up to 100 mph!!!!!



    Damn you 2.73's!!!!!!!!!!!!

  8. #8
    Member adam3566's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Janesville,Wisconsin
    Posts
    880

    black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

    Quote Originally Posted by LT1 > LS1 View Post
    yeah. that sounds good.


    my car as of now doesnt kick down to 1st unless under 30 mph. so no roll races starting at 35-45 mph.


    50 roll is doable. but I have to lug second gear al lthe way up to 100 mph!!!!!



    Damn you 2.73's!!!!!!!!!!!!
    then do a 60 or 70 roll, only problem you will run up against is he will be in full boost most likely in 3rd gear.

  9. #9
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by LT1 > LS1 View Post
    yeah. that sounds good.


    my car as of now doesnt kick down to 1st unless under 30 mph. so no roll races starting at 35-45 mph.


    50 roll is doable. but I have to lug second gear al lthe way up to 100 mph!!!!!



    Damn you 2.73's!!!!!!!!!!!!
    damn, my 3.90s are really badass, u shoudl consider switching

  10. #10
    Powerstrokin LT1 > LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Aurora IL
    Posts
    1,264

    Trans Am owner
    former

    yeah, my next upgrade is gonna be 3.73's, followed very shortly by a 3200 vigilante converter, trans go shift kit, and B&M trans cooler

  11. #11
    Member adam3566's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Janesville,Wisconsin
    Posts
    880

    black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

    Quote Originally Posted by LT1 > LS1 View Post
    yeah, my next upgrade is gonna be 3.73's, followed very shortly by a 3200 vigilante converter, trans go shift kit, and B&M trans cooler
    A trans cooler would be a waste of money, you could hotlap 1000 times and you wouldnt overheat. Unless your going to be putting some serious power down, don't waste your money on a trans cooler.

  12. #12
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    a trans cooler is necessary with a stall converter, and a great precaution with a shift kit especially if you get a good shift kit
    theyre not that expensive anyways... i bought one used (but not really used) for like $25

  13. #13
    Member adam3566's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Janesville,Wisconsin
    Posts
    880

    black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

    Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    a trans cooler is necessary with a stall converter, and a great precaution with a shift kit especially if you get a good shift kit
    theyre not that expensive anyways... i bought one used (but not really used) for like $25
    Didn't notice he was getting a stall too
    Last edited by adam3566; 09-13-2008 at 04:16 PM.

  14. #14
    Member adam3566's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Janesville,Wisconsin
    Posts
    880

    black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

    Quote Originally Posted by LT1 > LS1 View Post
    yeah, my next upgrade is gonna be 3.73's, followed very shortly by a 3200 vigilante converter, trans go shift kit, and B&M trans cooler
    Vigilante stalls are crap if you ask me, but to each is own. Let me know how the race goes, and good luck!

  15. #15
    LTX N20LT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,006
    10's N/A

    Quote Originally Posted by LT1 > LS1 View Post
    theres this kid at my school that is gonna drop a B18 motor in his civic and throw a turbo on it. by the time he's done doin that. I'll have a new converter, 3.73's, full exhaust w/ long tubes, and maybe a cam. I might have some nitto 555r's too.


    so, do you think he'll blow my doors off or what? thats a really light car, and that b18 might be pretty quick......its kinda got me worried......should I be?
    Along with the mods you have planned (minus the cam) plus a good tune (don't forget that part), you should be in the 12's with a good launch. I wouldn't underestimate a car that light with a turbocharger. I would actually need more information on the kit and what other mods the guy has to go with it to make a better assumption. It very well could be closer than one might think.

  16. #16
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Unless the kid really knows what he is doing or he is having a professional shop do the work , I wouldn't worry about him. Turbo projects are much more involved than anyone thinks, it takes a lot of knowledge and research to get everything just right. My friend (dealer technician and has all his ASE's) has been working on his turbo b18 Honda since last November, and its still not ideally tuned and set up to where he wants it. You have the whole issue of turbo sizing, turbo components, and hooking up an ECU, dealing with the wiring and tuning fiasco that is OBDI, and making sure the entire setup works. The little things like fitment issues and incompatible parts will really get you. Getting the car to actually idle without stalling it a feat in itself.

    The kid is probably going in way over his head, I wouldn't take him seriously until you see a finished project.

  17. #17
    Powerstrokin LT1 > LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Aurora IL
    Posts
    1,264

    Trans Am owner
    former

    yeah. right now he claims it makes "130 whp"


    hahahaha, he is talkin smack, and shite, and if anything it might take hi ma year to get a B18. by then, I'll be sprayin atleast a 75-100 shot, so he is seriously no match at that point. turbo or not

  18. #18
    Member adam3566's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Janesville,Wisconsin
    Posts
    880

    black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

    Quote Originally Posted by LT1 > LS1 View Post
    yeah. right now he claims it makes "130 whp"


    hahahaha, he is talkin smack, and shite, and if anything it might take hi ma year to get a B18. by then, I'll be sprayin atleast a 75-100 shot, so he is seriously no match at that point. turbo or not
    A B18 depending on which b18 he got can make 130-190ish hp. A turboed b16 or even b18 done right would absolutuly destroy you even with a 100 shot. I doubt he has the time or money, but you never know.

  19. #19
    Member adam3566's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Janesville,Wisconsin
    Posts
    880

    black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Unless the kid really knows what he is doing or he is having a professional shop do the work , I wouldn't worry about him. Turbo projects are much more involved than anyone thinks, it takes a lot of knowledge and research to get everything just right. My friend (dealer technician and has all his ASE's) has been working on his turbo b18 Honda since last November, and its still not ideally tuned and set up to where he wants it. You have the whole issue of turbo sizing, turbo components, and hooking up an ECU, dealing with the wiring and tuning fiasco that is OBDI, and making sure the entire setup works. The little things like fitment issues and incompatible parts will really get you. Getting the car to actually idle without stalling it a feat in itself.

    The kid is probably going in way over his head, I wouldn't take him seriously until you see a finished project.
    Ever heard of honda-tech? I will probably say that is one the best information and knowledgeable websites i have seen, besides ls1tech. All it takes now adays is someone to post on how and what they have done and it pretty much doesn't take a rocket scientiest to figure out what to do on them. Doing a turbo setup on a import is actually quite easy. Your friend probably doesn't have the time then to really get it done right. What you listed turbo sizing, components, and hooking up and ecu and wiring and easily be done in a weekend if not less and a good job done. It all depends on your knowledge and skill level.

  20. #20
    LTX N20LT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,006
    10's N/A

    Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    A B18 depending on which b18 he got can make 130-190ish hp. A turboed b16 or even b18 done right would absolutuly destroy you even with a 100 shot. I doubt he has the time or money, but you never know.
    Agreed. A B18 w/ a serious turbo setup and everything working right is a serious car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Just swapped to a 3.73
    By 08STiguy in forum Drivetrain
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-16-2015, 07:05 PM
  2. So what all has the LS been swapped into?
    By Roothawg in forum Domestics and Foreigns
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-13-2011, 02:33 PM
  3. was it swapped?
    By LSCyaL8R in forum General Help
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-03-2009, 03:04 PM
  4. 2007 Honda Civic - Upgrading From Stock Honda Civic
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Stereo and Electronics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-22-2008, 07:10 PM
  5. Alpine Honda Civic Si - Civic Demonstration
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Stereo and Electronics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-04-2007, 05:10 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •