Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ls1 Vs Lt1

This is a discussion on Ls1 Vs Lt1 within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Look at their time slip....

Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

Look at their time slip.

linktrek
    Quote Originally Posted by woodymaro
    Look at their time slip.
    I would prefer to know before my mustang gets eaten alive. You know things aren't so easy going to the track with an '02 Mustang. Especially an auto. There is another disadvantage to having a 4.6. I sprayed my car into the 11's and I have yet to do 150 shot. When I do 150 shot, that will put me at about 400rwhp. 400rwhp is the maximum you can safely put on a 2v 4.6 without getting the engine forged. I will probably be stuck at the 11.5-11.7 mark for a *long long time* because of the cost of getting the engine forged. Camaro and and other LS-1's look like they can take alot more hp than 400 as I look around your forum. I just wished that Ford tried to compete with the GM motors instead of giving us ~215 rwhp to start out with.
    Last edited by linktrek; 03-06-2006 at 05:47 AM.

Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

no kidding, its not even that exciting anymore pulling up beside a mustang at a light 99 times out of 100 the mustang is going to get killed. No more " I wonder who will win"

linktrek
    no kidding, its not even that exciting anymore pulling up beside a mustang at a light 99 times out of 100 the mustang is going to get killed. No more " I wonder who will win"
    I wouldn't say 99% but I would say many. The '99+'04 Mustangs go anywhere between 13.7 to 14.3 stock. Alot stay stock and I watch them at the track. Most are in the 13.5 are at about 101. The '05's and '06's seem to run around 13.5 ish. The bolt on '99+'04s go to about 12.9-13.3@about 102mph or104mph.
    My personal mustang can cut a 13.2 without spray @102 with all the boltons on an auto. I do this with only 250 rwhp because one of the advantages of the Mustangs is that you can really launch them real hard. With spray I get into the 11's with 350 rwhp by cutting a 1.64 60'. I do a 12.6 with a 2.0 60'. Alot of LS-1's and 2's are not using all their hp at the track because of their 60's are around 1.9 or 2.0. If I had an LS-1 or 2, the first thing I would work on is building up the rearend and adding alot to the suspension so the cars can launch better. They already come from the factory with lots and lots of hp.
    Last edited by linktrek; 03-07-2006 at 04:41 AM.

Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

Quote Originally Posted by linktrek
    If I had an LS-1 or 2, the first thing I would work on is building up the rearend and adding alot to the suspension so the cars can launch better. They already come from the factory with lots and lots of hp.
    That is a good point. I guess a lot of us take that power for granted, and don't realize the work that it takes to get a mustang to run that good ( no offence linktrek.)

linktrek
    That is a good point. I guess a lot of us take that power for granted, and don't realize the work that it takes to get a mustang to run that good ( no offence linktrek.)
    No offence taken.It the truth. Most Mustangs don't have alot of power.We concentrate on our 60's and then watch our ET's drop. When we get the best out of our setup, we move on and add more power. But we do need power adders to compete. We also concentrate on weight reduction. 281ci is not a big motor to work with.

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

you never lied about that...the Stangs can certainly be made to go fast, but they start with a serious deficit in power...LT-1s are almost in the same boat (had 6 Stangs and 3 LT-1s), so I jumped on the LS-1 bandwagon as soon as I could...now if GM was smart about the rear end in these things, they would built a nearly perfect platform for drag racing, sorta like the Mustang is (just needs more power).
    95 Exploder

01 R1 coming?

linktrek
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedge
    you never lied about that...the Stangs can certainly be made to go fast, but they start with a serious deficit in power...LT-1s are almost in the same boat (had 6 Stangs and 3 LT-1s), so I jumped on the LS-1 bandwagon as soon as I could...now if GM was smart about the rear end in these things, they would built a nearly perfect platform for drag racing, sorta like the Mustang is (just needs more power).
    Your right about the power deficit. Its bad. With my auto , I started out at about 212rwhp. I put alot of money in bolt-ons to get it up to 250rwhp and then I added 100 shot so I could compete. I spent close to $7k to get my auto into the 11's. Next season... after the rainy season is here, I'm putting on the 150 shot that should take me to 11.5 or 11.6...and then I'm stuck because you can't put more than 400rwhp on a 4.6 stock block otherwise it would go boom.

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

Your right about the power deficit. Its bad. With my auto , I started out at about 212rwhp. I put alot of money in bolt-ons to get it up to 250rwhp and then I added 100 shot so I could compete. I spent close to $7k to get my auto into the 11's. Next season... after the rainy season is here, I'm putting on the 150 shot that should take me to 11.5 or 11.6...and then I'm stuck because you can't put more than 400rwhp on a 4.6 stock block otherwise it would go boom.
    you basically have the same set-up the prez of my Stang club had (he has a blower now) and he ran 12.01, don't remember the mph...meanwhile, a lot of the LS1 guys at the track have nothing more than a cam and exhaust and go the same times...it was more than i needed to convince me to get one.

you have pics of your car?

linktrek
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedge
    you basically have the same set-up the prez of my Stang club had (he has a blower now) and he ran 12.01, don't remember the mph...meanwhile, a lot of the LS1 guys at the track have nothing more than a cam and exhaust and go the same times...it was more than i needed to convince me to get one.

you have pics of your car?
    My car looks stock so if you look at any '99-'04 mineral gray mustang.. it would look like mine.

linktrek
    Do you have a trans am?.. Wait.. I just saw your profile.. Your lucky you got one.There are not too many around.

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

My car looks stock so if you look at any '99-'04 mineral gray mustang.. it would look like mine.
    I love the mineral grey, that was my second choice if I didn't my 01 vert in black...don't have it anymore though, lost it in a bad rain storm back in 02...had it for nearly 2 years 12/00-11/02

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

Do you have a trans am?.. Wait.. I just saw your profile.. Your lucky you got one.There are not too many around.
    yessir...thanks! it's even harder finding black, 6 speed and t-top

linktrek
    Man.. If I got myself a T/A.. the first thing I would do is get the rearend done... then throw on a pair of 15" MT drag radials. Boy would that make me happy. The third thing I would do is spray it into the 11's.

kennyxg
    Got a 5.0 w/ stock heads and in take ,I don't know how far away you live from Houston but I'll run ya at Hrp! got all the bolt ons except heads and intake.

Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

Is it stock heads with a built bottom end and a supercharger or spray? I have a lid and stock exhaust with a cut out and that is it for my mods. What are all of yours

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information