Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ls1 Vs Lt1

linktrek

Ls1 Vs Lt1

Hi. I'm the owner of an '02 Mustang GT. I met up with a late modeled Z-28 at the track last night and I really had my hands full. My hat goes off to you . My car is a stock auto with bolt-ons and I spray 100 shot nx. This gives me 350hp to the wheels. I'm not talking about winning or losing here although I do an 11.9@111 with a 1.64x 60'. Last night the owner of the Z-28 told me that he had an LT-1 with bolt-ons and he pulled a 12.1@111 ( he red lighted so the ticket didnt' show a 60") and then he pulled a 12.5@111 with a 1.923 60'.
    My question to you is how can you tell an LS-1 Camaro from an LT-1 Camaro by body style.Someone told me that you can tell by the headlights. In an LS-1 the headlight are sort of like bubbled and are more forward than the LT-1. They said that the LT-1's headlights are set back more than the LS-1.
    Just trying to figure out what I raced last night because this car was an auto
    and didnt' sound cammed or anything... Can you help me out?

linktrek
    The camaro I raced looked like this ... bare with me because the system won't allow me to post url's until I have 10 posts

linktrek

linktrek

linktrek

linktrek

linktrek
    post#7

linktrek

linktrek

Black
    99 SS

the LS1 is the bubbled lights and the LT1's are set back

linktrek
    Post #10

Black
    99 SS

ls1

linktrek
    You see. You go out and try to have fun at the track and some shmuck has to come by and lie about his engine. It was a modified LS-1 that I raced. Not to cause and rivalry, but I'm glad I beat the dude. I was upfront with him with what I had. He should have been the same way with me.
    Well I learned last night that the LS-1 is an engine to be reckoned with. Again,
    my hat goes out to ya

Black
    99 SS

did he say it was an LT1 or something

Black
    99 SS

the LS1 puts out 300 to the wheels, the LS1 can get to 350 hp very easily with exhaust,intake and tune

linktrek
    Quote Originally Posted by Zboner
    did he say it was an LT1 or something
    Yeah... he told me it was an LT-1
    What does it take a Z-28 with an LS-1 to get to 12.1?

Black
    99 SS

full suspension, stall if auto, full bolt ons and tune. any maybe a cam

linktrek
    Quote Originally Posted by Zboner
    full suspension, stall if auto, full bolt ons and tune. any maybe a cam
    Yeah.. I don't think he had a cam but I never looked in the car. I'm not sure if he had an auto or not.
    It takes all kinds of work to get a 4.6 2v to get to 350 rwhp n/a. There are not too many people that can do it. With an auto its even harder because of the extra hp loss from the tranny. My car started out stock with about 215rwhp.In order to get to the 11's I had to do 4:10 gears,4000rpm stall, all the bolt ons, full exhaust, suspension, and when I was through was at 250hp and got to the point where I had to decide whether I was going to go n/a with cams and head work or go with a power adder. So I decided to go with spray. With 100 shot that brought me up to 350rwhp. That got me into the high 11's. Next season I will be spraying 150shot which will bring me to 400 rwhp. That is about as much as a stock 4.6 block will take. So its a very difficult road to get somewhere with a 4.6 2v. That is why I got so uptight about whether the car was and LT-1 or an LS-1. With an LS-1, I can understand why the car performed like it did last night. But if it was an LT-1 like the guy said last night, the whole thing just didn't make sense.

linktrek
    I got a question for you. When I go to the track, how do I know whether I'm running a 13.4@104 camaro as opposed to an 11.2@123. I am completely clueless about this.

Thread Information