Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 54

LS1 vs GT

This is a discussion on LS1 vs GT within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD Ok. Ford has offered that package (or similar, or parts of) for many years for the ...

  1. #21
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Ok. Ford has offered that package (or similar, or parts of) for many years for the Mustang - much like the hundreds of other parts that you can order from their catalog. http://www.fordracingparts.com/download/catalogs.asp

    This would be little different than ordering a blower for your favorite GM through GM Performance Parts and having the dealer install it. http://www.gmperformanceparts.com/Parts/catalog.jsp

    However, it is not a Ford factory option - it is something a car owner buys and has installed by the local mechanic at the Ford dealer or any other shop, or installs himself.

    Big difference.
    you mean i cant buy a new camaro--- purchase an ls7 crate engine--- get my dealer to install it and pow! factory ls7 camaro?

  2. #22
    Senior Member karpetcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Tujunga, CA
    Posts
    1,646

    White
    01 Camaro 6speed

    The reason why i said its a factory option its because you can order it from the dealer and have them install it. Just because its not on the option when your building your own mustang gt doesnt mean its not a factory option car. Its just like ordering a favorite color combo and they dont have it or a specific interior options like nav or what not and if they dont have it you have to wait till they build one and bring it to the dealer. I do get your point though and getting a blower on the car is not a everyday thing that i customer always requests to have that to where its a option car on the build and price page. My whole thing was there are 2 specific blower packages made for the mustang with the supporting parts and either way wether its a factory option or not you can have them install it or you can, im sure ford wont care too much as long as you buy there product wether they install it or not i think just with them you get the limited warranty.

  3. #23
    Senior Member BLKCLOUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,100

    B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

    Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    The reason why i said its a factory option its because you can order it from the dealer and have them install it. Just because its not on the option when your building your own mustang gt doesnt mean its not a factory option car.
    Bologna. That is EXACTLY what it means - it is NOT a factory option car. If it were, what FACTORY ASSEMBLY LINE puts the blower on the car?

    Its just like ordering a favorite color combo and they dont have it or a specific interior options like nav or what not and if they dont have it you have to wait till they build one and bring it to the dealer.
    No, its not. For example, every color option has a code that is used to order from, and the FACTORY fulfills the order and paints the car. Or that Nav you're waiting on, the FACTORY builds the car with the Nav system. Or interior color. Or whatever else that is on the OPTION SHEET from which the car is built. However, the FACTORY does not take orders for ANY blower on Mustang GTs, nor does it install ANY blower on ANY Mustang GT. None. Zilch. Outside of the GT500, there is no such thing as a FACTORY OPTION BLOWER for a GT.

    I do get your point though and getting a blower on the car is not a everyday thing that i customer always requests to have that to where its a option car on the build and price page.
    I disagree - I don't think you get my "point" at all.

    My whole thing was there are 2 specific blower packages made for the mustang with the supporting parts and either way wether its a factory option or not you can have them install it or you can, im sure ford wont care too much as long as you buy there product wether they install it or not i think just with them you get the limited warranty.
    Other than the FACT that it is not a factory option (not even sort of), I agree with this.

    Have a nice evening.

  4. #24
    Senior Member karpetcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Tujunga, CA
    Posts
    1,646

    White
    01 Camaro 6speed

    Im still sticking to what i said and if i can go to ford and have them put it on the car for me, then its all good because thats an option to the buyer that ford gives, especially with a warranty. You can give your opinion about what a factory option is and im gonna give mine. Either way even at 400HP most of us with full bolt ons will not have any issues keeping up with one or pulling.

  5. #25
    Senior Member BLKCLOUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,100

    B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

    It's not an opinion shipmate - its a fact.

    Believe what you wish.

  6. #26
    Senior Member karpetcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Tujunga, CA
    Posts
    1,646

    White
    01 Camaro 6speed

    "However, the FACTORY does not take orders for ANY blower on Mustang GTs, nor does it install ANY blower on ANY Mustang GT. None. Zilch. Outside of the GT500, there is no such thing as a FACTORY OPTION BLOWER for a GT."

    Galpin Ford which i spoke to says there is not a problem they can get the supercharger and install it. They even have a department called Galpin racing which has already done this option through them and SOME other dealers also have this option. Not all dealers have that option to the buyer, but there are dealers that have no issues installing it and actually having that option. Ohh and a bit of FYI if FORD offers a FORD racing product and there are FORD dealers who will install them for you then it is a OPTION that FORD is giving to the consumer. So i dont know where you get the idea or your wishfull thinking that ford doesnt install superchargers on mustangs or take any orders for blowers on mustangs but you need to do some research before, typing. Ive never stated anything about an OPTION SHEET because if you simply look at option sheets you can miss out on alot of other stuff that can be offered to you by a particular dealer.

    The dealerships also have Roush mustangs that are not on the build and price page or a standard option ofcourse but you can purchase those cars from several ford dealers as well, in some cases you will get recommended to buy the Roush instead of going the factory supercharged route because its a more complete car and by the words of Ruben who works at the dealer will in most cases come out cheaper but thats up to the buyer. The real FACT is we can go back and forth about wether or not ford can install a supercharger on our cars and give the consumer an option on the new mustang gt through the dealer, i know if i wanted to buy a stang today and get a blower put on it is definitly possible and i know were to go to do it. Will a typical buyer know as well, most likely not. I knew about this option and i dont have any intentions of buying a 2010 mustang gt, so with very little research atleast on my part its easy to find out all your options and what you can and cant do through a dealer.
    Last edited by karpetcm; 06-30-2009 at 09:39 AM.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    Galpin Ford which i spoke to says there is not a problem they can get the supercharger and install it. They even have a department called Galpin racing which has already done this option through them and SOME other dealers also have this option. Not all dealers have that option to the buyer, but there are dealers that have no issues installing it and actually having that option. Ohh and a bit of FYI if FORD offers a FORD racing product and there are FORD dealers who will install them for you then it is a OPTION that FORD is giving to the consumer. So i dont know where you get the idea or your wishfull thinking that ford doesnt install superchargers on mustangs or take any orders for blowers on mustangs but you need to do some research before, typing. Ive never stated anything about an OPTION SHEET because if you simply look at option sheets you can miss out on alot of other stuff that can be offered to you by a particular dealer. The dealerships also have Roush mustangs that are not on the build and price page or a standard option ofcourse but you can purchase those cars from several ford dealers as well, in some cases you will get recommended to by the Roush instead of going the factory supercharged route because its a more complete car and by the words of Ruben who works at the dealer will in most cases come out cheaper but thats up to the buyer.
    A Ford dealer is a franchise, and not Ford itself. Ford does not install superchargers, the dealer does. That makes it a dealer installed accessory, and not a vehicle option. Calling something factory means it has to be installed at the factory, not at the dealer. Damn dude!

    Ford has strong relationships with several aftermarket companies that build base model and GT Mustangs. They are allowed to sell them through the dealer network, but they still are not factory Mustangs.

    Finally, if you haven't figured it out by now, your "opinion" of what constitutes a factory car is COMPLETELY WRONG.

    And to the original poster: the new Mustang engine will not be rated 400HP. 375 tops. The overall package will be heavier too. With that engine expect performance on par with the GM twins from a decade ago.
    Last edited by Marc 85Z28; 06-30-2009 at 09:36 AM.

  8. #28
    Senior Member karpetcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Tujunga, CA
    Posts
    1,646

    White
    01 Camaro 6speed

    Marc 85Z28, some of us know dealer installs the superchargers as well as sell the cars. My point was you can get a supercharger installed through a dealer which ive stated several times an an option. Ive never stated that this is coming directly from FORD MOTOR COMPANY just stated Ford which a dealer sells and represents. In the end thats all that is important to the buyer if they choose that option wether it comes directly from the Ford Motor Company or a Ford Dealer that is a Franchise doesnt matter much to me nor to many other consumers. If it makes you any happier that my point of what a factory car is wrong then thats fine but in the end my point was made that YOU CAN BUY A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG GT THROUGH A DEALER WITH A FORD RACING SUPERCHARGER, wether thats an option that Ford Company gives or the dealer doesnt make much of a difference to me nor to the person who wants to have that supercharger put on.

    I even stated up top that you cant just look at option sheets meaning thats pretty much what FORD MOTOR COMPANY offer and you have many other option through a particular dealer. Im not trying to pick a fight with anyone just stating from the begining you can have a FORD dealer install a supercharger for you from FRPP. No one cares that the order for putting on a supercharger or not comes from FORD or the dealer as long as you can get the car the way you want it, i didnt care that SLP modded up my 01SS camaro back a few years ago when i bought it from the dealer, i never asked any questions about it other then the fact i liked the way it looked, i know that is a option and has nothing to the with getting a supercharged stang from a dealer but my point is it doesnt matter as long as the dealer offers you what you want on the car especially if its from FRPP.
    Last edited by karpetcm; 06-30-2009 at 10:11 AM.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    Well they may not have a N/A that pulls that amount yet but they do have 2010 stangs already at 400Hp factory supercharged option.
    Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    They tested that factory option on the TV show TEST DRIVE. You would have to request that option at a dealer and it bumps power output to 400hp.
    Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    The reason why i said its a factory option its because you can order it from the dealer and have them install it. Just because its not on the option when your building your own mustang gt doesnt mean its not a factory option car.
    This clearly means you believe it's a factory option. Then you reaffirm with this:

    I'm... just stating from the begining you can have a FORD dealer install a supercharger for you from FRPP.
    In that same post, you contradict yourself and apparently, still, do not realize it. It is a dealer installed accessory. Please refer to it as such.

  10. #30
    Senior Member karpetcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Tujunga, CA
    Posts
    1,646

    White
    01 Camaro 6speed

    If you read my last post which is the problem with some of you, you would not repeat what i said.
    LOL and when i say a dealer installs it for you, you cant be anymore crystal about it what so ever. Also some of you werent even aware that a dealer can and will install a FRPP supercharger on your mustang and not you buying it and installing it yourself or a local mechanic, that was my point you can buy a stang through a dealer install it through a dealer and call it a day. My answer to your question is already made about the how i worded my post at the bottom. Now you guys know this can be done and ofcourse as typical human behavior start picking on stuff that is of no conern or relevance. NO ONE CARES that you get the supercharger from a dealer that represents ford or ford motor company as long as you get what you want and are willing to pay for it. THATS THE FACT

    "If it makes you any happier that my point of what a factory car is wrong then thats fine but in the end my point was made that YOU CAN BUY A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG GT THROUGH A DEALER WITH A FORD RACING SUPERCHARGER,"
    Last edited by karpetcm; 06-30-2009 at 10:39 AM.

  11. #31
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    If you read my last post which is the problem with some of you, you would not repeat what i said.
    LOL and when i say a dealer installs it for you, you cant be anymore crystal about it what so ever. Also some of you werent even aware that a dealer can and will install a FRPP supercharger on your mustang and not you buying it and installing it yourself or a local mechanic, that was my point you can buy a stang through a dealer install it through a dealer and call it a day. My answer to your question is already made about the how i worded my post at the bottom. Now you guys know this can be done and ofcourse as typical human behavior start picking on stuff that is of no conern or relevance. NO ONE CARES that you get the supercharger from a dealer that represents ford or ford motor company as long as you get what you want and are willing to pay for it. THATS THE FACT

    "If it makes you any happier that my point of what a factory car is wrong then thats fine but in the end my point was made that YOU CAN BUY A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG GT THROUGH A DEALER WITH A FORD RACING SUPERCHARGER,"
    you could buy a new camaro and get the dealer to install a performance parts ls7 crate engine. is that a factory option?

  12. #32
    Senior Member jknelms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,327

    Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

    Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    you could buy a new camaro and get the dealer to install a performance parts ls7 crate engine. is that a factory option?
    Apparently, these guys are saying, that unless it's an option on a build sheet, and installed directly on the factory floor....it's not a factory option. Not sure how much I agree with that...but whatever. Next they'll be arguing what "stock" means.

  13. #33
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by jknelms View Post
    Apparently, these guys are saying, that unless it's an option on a build sheet, and installed directly on the factory floor....it's not a factory option. Not sure how much I agree with that...but whatever. Next they'll be arguing what "stock" means.
    it has to be an option on the build sheet and installed at the factory. otherwise it's just a mod. or i could do just like i said, and own a factory ls7 camaro.

  14. #34
    Senior Member jknelms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,327

    Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

    Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    it has to be an option on the build sheet and installed at the factory. otherwise it's just a mod. or i could do just like i said, and own a factory ls7 camaro.
    so the word "option" is the key word. Like saying you have "original" matching numbers on your block/car....and just having matching numbers (a block that has been re-stamped)

    I know at SEMA, GM presented an LS7 Camaro. It could be an option on a build sheet sometime in the future...who knows.


    So for quirky dealer cars, something like a BlackBird...is that a factory car? does GM have to approve of the car? and how about the SLP Firehawk...is that a factory option car? I believe those are legitimate questions.

  15. #35
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by jknelms View Post
    ...but whatever. Next they'll be arguing what "stock" means.
    we do ..people saying bone stock...but they have a lid and cat back..or D/Rs ..

  16. #36
    Senior Member BLKCLOUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,100

    B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

    Alright, I admit it. I'm just an idiot. Haven't been around Fords all my driving life. Haven't ever competitively raced them (in a series, not at your local test and tune). Haven't ever bought a new one (or three). Haven't ever ORDERED a new one. In fact, I was born yesterday, or maybe the day before - can't remember.

    Good luck Marc. This person obviously can't be wrong. But its the internet, you know?

    PS....I last raced in a class called Factory Stock (with just a tad of success). Anybody want to define what "Factory Stock" means in this case?

  17. #37
    Senior Member BLKCLOUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,100

    B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

    Quote Originally Posted by jknelms View Post
    so the word "option" is the key word. Like saying you have "original" matching numbers on your block/car....and just having matching numbers (a block that has been re-stamped)
    Factory Option is the issue.

    Any owner has the OPTION to have virtually anything ordered from the FRPP catalog, and I guarantee the dealer will install it (at super inflated rates) for the customer, so long as he/she has the money. They may balk at the non-emissions stuff, but money talks....

    I know at SEMA, GM presented an LS7 Camaro. It could be an option on a build sheet sometime in the future...who knows.
    At some point - sure. Now? Nope - its just as rare as the option block for the supercharger on new Mustangs (in other words - it doesn't exist).

    Of course if the person in question were smart(er), there is an arguement to be made for certain other Mustangs....but not a regular GT from the Ford Factory.

    So for quirky dealer cars, something like a BlackBird...is that a factory car? does GM have to approve of the car? and how about the SLP Firehawk...is that a factory option car? I believe those are legitimate questions.
    Not familier with the "BlackBird". As for the Firehawk, does it have an RPO? If it does, then it is (and that's a bit of a rhetorical question, as anybody that knows anything about those cars, knows the answer).

  18. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Let me clear this up since my word is LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    There is no ford option to have a GT supercharged, getting it through the dealer after purchase or roush doesnt count as a factory option. If you think it does then your the guy driving around with header back exhaust and a intake on your f-body telling everyone its bone stock.

  19. #39
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Let me clear this up since my word is LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    There is no ford option to have a GT supercharged, getting it through the dealer after purchase or roush doesnt count as a factory option. If you think it does then your the guy driving around with header back exhaust and a intake on your f-body telling everyone its bone stock.
    i agree with zinergy. did i just agree with zinergy? i just agreed with zinergy

  20. #40
    Senior Member karpetcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Tujunga, CA
    Posts
    1,646

    White
    01 Camaro 6speed

    GUYS GUYS ive already agreed and again no one is reading my post that i was not right in posting its a factory option its clear and its up top, you can buy it and i spoke to the salesperson RUBEN at Galpin ford and they will put it on for you and ready for pick up on a new 2010 stang. True its not on a build sheet, true its not an option but you can buy the mustang that day, have the dealer put on the supercharger and come pick it up within a week. So its not about me being stubborn and cant be proven wrong i admit that my wording was not right but my point was you can get a stang have them put it on for you with limited warranty and pick it up within a week. Either way after all these posts im beating a dead horse so, either way im wrong your wrong, doesnt really matter after this point.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •