LS1 consistency...

This is a discussion on LS1 consistency... within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Im coming out of full chassised race car, 4 link strut front end. Huge tires etc...... and am VERY seriously ...

LS1 consistency...

Im coming out of full chassised race car, 4 link strut front end. Huge tires etc......

and am VERY seriously considering a certain LS1 which was built right, 9 inch all the proper rear traction control devices etc.....

Im looking to bracket race this on a fairly regular basis. But have searched the site and didnt see anyone mention consistency. I realize all of the standard computer type car tricks need to be done, and I know this car will dead hook (I wont bother establishing consistency until it does).

I dont mean to sound rude, but am really hoping to hear from somone that races their LS1 regularly. I cannot have it running .05 off from run to run, which many times for just fun nights, and street class thats enough. But I will be entering this in some of the bigger paycheck type bracket races.

thanks.....

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Sadly, I am very inconsistent. The motor isn't though.
    M6...that could use the driver mod.

Dyno runs though are always within 1HP of each on a given day. Normally gains a little as the motor gets warm.

Well consistency is one thing, but predictability is more important...I have all the tools (et predictor, crew chief pro etc) and they will all change with weather. We always start out running day and finish at night so cars will swing, just have it able to swing the same for each density altitude is the important thing.

thanks.

Drag racing is a disease! RacerBob's Avatar

Maroon
    2000 Z28

It's gonna be tougher for you if your used to a deadly consistant full chasis car, but it's doable. My car is not as predictable as most because of the non-aftercooled supercharger on it. It builds a TON of heat. Even with that handicap, I had an AWSOME win percentage last year at Quaker City Raceway. It can be done in these cars!
    Drag racing...just another numbers game.

Vortech Super Charger, 9" w/4.11, 3200 Stall, BMR SFC, BMR TracPak, !MAF screen, 160 T-Stat.

white
    2001 b4c camaro

I have a 150xxx mile car. It is consistent as hell... It also is an automatic.. it never is .05 hundred off. I was extremely impressed at how consistent to be a street car. It usually around .02 or .03 off... but I can live with that... its hard to stay consistent.. too many variables

Well if everything works out I will know in a few weeks. Its not going to be a dedicated race car, if its .02-.03 off it definatly wont be considered a race car. But something I can enjoy when I want too....

and hey it will give me something to work with (consistency) and maybe help others.

White
    1998 Trans Am

You won't be disappointed with the LS1 !!! My car will run it's number on the button !!! Very consistent ! ( high 10's)

Thread Information