Junior Member psfracer@dslextreme.'s Avatar

Looking for some good LS1/LS2's

I come in peace.

Hey, a few friends and I race at Irwindale drag strip in So Cal and are looking for a few good Ls1 / Ls2's to race. We also race at CA Speedway and Famoso, and we are starting to make the trip down to Barona in San Diego as well.

Bottom line---I have taken some good video, (in car and with friends helping outside) but let me tell you---racing some teens civic or mom's maxima just doesn't cut it, and we are tired of just racing ourselves. We really want to line up against some GM stuff that is fast---where you know if you screw up on the tree you lost......and you don't know who is coming out on top.

We are looking for some modern muscle street cars (not trailered race cars) to run to have some exciting races and some good video. It would be best if you could run the 1/8th somewhere in the 6.50's on up to very low 7.0X's or so---that would make for the best races. I guess the combo really doesn't matter but we are all street driven on DOT legal drag radials (except for one).

Email me and lets set up a shootout of sorts. I think it would be cool Actual competition. Screen name is my email. Irwindale is open every Thursday, and there are alot of track days coming up at the above mentioned tracks as well. Thanks and hope to hear from some street driven bad ass Camaros, Firebirds, GTOs, Vettes!

Last edited by psfracer@dslextreme.; 04-14-2008 at 10:56 PM.

Tungsten Gray
    2007 Ford Mustang GT

Peace? Well....sort of.

Like Paul, I would like to invite the LS crowd out for some competition. Not to hijack Paul's invitation at all since the weekly grudge races would be great in California. The West Coast Hot Rod Association will be running four more events at Famoso this year with a year end race at Sacramento. The late model Mustangs and LS cars could fit into either the new ".5 Bracket" class (which is a typical no-electronics bracket class) or the "Open Comp" class. This is a great opportunity to get some real street cars out to compete against the trailered bracket boys.

What I would really like to see is a great turnout for a few events and then pitch a "LS vs Hemi vs Modular" type class where we could run open comp style on a five tenths Pro Tree. With enough car count I believe I have a few companies that would step up and sponsor this class for a full season.

As for Paul's invitation....I second that call. Outrunning the ricers is getting very boring and I am sure there are some quality LS cars in Southern Cali that would like to run against us.

I checked the ET list, there are definitely some fast 10 sec and low 11 second cars on the list, but they are either back east or central. I didn't see anything for west coast.

Does anyone know of some fast LS1/LS2's in the west that I could pm?

blk & wht
    camaro

Quote Originally Posted by psfracer@dslextreme. View Post
    I checked the ET list, there are definitely some fast 10 sec and low 11 second cars on the list, but they are either back east or central. I didn't see anything for west coast.

Does anyone know of some fast LS1/LS2's in the west that I could pm?
    Hey I got a camaro for ya to run, but I don't run for fun!! I will at Fontana this weekend and I will be coning to Irwindale next month. There is a national race at Fontana on 5-03-08 how bout we set sonething up then? pm me so I know when to show.

Quote Originally Posted by camaroisking View Post
    Hey I got a camaro for ya to run, but I don't run for fun!! I will at Fontana this weekend and I will be coning to Irwindale next month. There is a national race at Fontana on 5-03-08 how bout we set sonething up then? pm me so I know when to show.
    We are at the Summit series race this weekend at Irwindale (which includes TNT also). Email me at psfracer@dslextreme.com. We also race at Fontana to, but won't be there this weekend. Do you have a street car or trailered race car? Slick or DR?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Sorry I am up north, but I would like to see some videos.

Thread Information