Results 1 to 7 of 7

las vegas track

This is a discussion on las vegas track within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; 14.20 i ran in a bone stock 02 ss wit the 345 flow pac and a4 tranny..i hadnittos in the ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member camaroboy 14 02 ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    las vegas nv
    Age
    30
    Posts
    37

    silver
    2002 ss camaro

    las vegas track

    14.20 i ran in a bone stock 02 ss wit the 345 flow pac and a4 tranny..i hadnittos in the back but my axle pinion was leaking too bad! now the night i ran that time i waited in line for literly 2 hrs of turning my car on and off in line it was so busy cuz it was opening night...also my axle was leaking and my front tires where fryed..i think my car was so hot it seemed like the starter was going to give out i think in that line i turned it off and on atleast 20 times no joke now wit all that being said would that hurt my 1/4 mile time...my car a4 02 ss wit 20,000 miles at the time....what u guys think.......now i got a gmmg exhaust and eibach sportlines wit new front tires and a fresh oil change wit zmax and royal purple also ripped my back seat outt for fun and i fixed the leak sooooo what think it should run now?????

  2. #2
    Member L...S...1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    NOR*CAL
    Posts
    118

    Red
    2000 SS

    i would think 14 flat mayb 13.85 area

  3. #3
    Exalted Cyclops 67CamaroRSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    5,824

    2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

    Do you know what the temp and DA was?

  4. #4
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Las Vegas is a nice facility but it's not what I consider a fast track.

    It's 2,000 feet above sea level. And if weather conditions are warm and/or any humidity in the air you could easily have DA numbers as high as 5,000 feet.

    I'd say up there you probably ran what would be expected.

  5. #5
    Senior Member 00z28bubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    las vegas, nv
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,390

    white
    2000 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Las Vegas is a nice facility but it's not what I consider a fast track.

    It's 2,000 feet above sea level. And if weather conditions are warm and/or any humidity in the air you could easily have DA numbers as high as 5,000 feet.

    I'd say up there you probably ran what would be expected.
    so far ive never seen a below 5k DA. but i dont go often either. do you mind posting the whole timeslip if you still have it. so far i have gotten a 2.3 60ft best that gave me a 14.01 at 100mph(ive only been 3 times with a total of 7 runs between all 3 times). mind you that was before the current tires. before were goodyear eagle runflats. absolute garbage for performance imo. even if i went back soon my tires are only bfg g forces. i havent played with them so i cant give an opinion on how they are performance wise. with the d/a calculators my 14.01 is a 13.09 at 106.9mph.
    Last edited by 00z28bubba; 10-25-2009 at 11:39 PM.
    2000 white z28, t-tops, free mods, intake, full exhaust, dyno tune, repro c5 z06 wheels, and some elbow grease here and there.

  6. #6
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by 00z28bubba View Post
    so far ive never seen a below 5k DA. but i dont go often either.
    You need to go during the winter months (Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar) when it's cooler and the DA will be much better for you, nothing near 5,000 feet.

    You have the same weather we do, and I don't even bother going to the track in the summer months, DA is outta sight and would throw my tuning for a loop.

    Our first track day will be Dec 5th this year,,,first time I've been back since April. And we'll continue to hit the track throughout winter up until about April next year when we get DA numbers in the 2500-3000 range.

  7. #7
    Senior Member 00z28bubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    las vegas, nv
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,390

    white
    2000 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    You need to go during the winter months (Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar) when it's cooler and the DA will be much better for you, nothing near 5,000 feet.

    You have the same weather we do, and I don't even bother going to the track in the summer months, DA is outta sight and would throw my tuning for a loop.

    Our first track day will be Dec 5th this year,,,first time I've been back since April. And we'll continue to hit the track throughout winter up until about April next year when we get DA numbers in the 2500-3000 range.
    the few times i went were more of feeler runs. obviously i was surprised a bit but wen i was aware of the variables my surprise turned into content pretty quick. i probably wont be going back anytime soon just because i want to get better runs. i want at least better meats before i go back.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Track Day Guide - Open Track Packin'
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2010, 05:20 PM
  2. Track Day Prep Guide - Open Track Packin'
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum GTO
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-01-2010, 04:00 PM
  3. MVP Track Time 2010 Track Schedule
    By Feffman in forum Road Racing / AutoX
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-09-2009, 10:45 AM
  4. las vegas track
    By camaroboy 14 02 ss in forum Drag Racing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-12-2009, 03:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •