Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I need thoughts on my 1320 times

This is a discussion on I need thoughts on my 1320 times within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Well, went again Friday. I dont have the slip in front of me. 1.71 60' - Launched at 5000 RPM ...

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Well, went again Friday. I dont have the slip in front of me.

1.71 60' - Launched at 5000 RPM slipping the clutch. 15 PSI MT Streets

1/8th - 7.8xxx
    1/8 MPH - 91.xx MPH
    1/4 - 12.13

MPH - 115.7x

Going back this wednesday to try for a 1.6 60'.

That run probably would have been 11's but I hit the limited twice. 1st and 2nd gear

I have a HPT data log if anyone with HPT wants to look at it, but its basically showing me hitting the damn limited twice and rolling through the gates at 6400 RPM.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h4...t=MVI_1835.flv
    http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h4...t=MVI_1836.flv

Most of those are 12.1 at 115 MPH(1.71/1.78 60') Its at least consistent. Still want my 11's.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Well, went again Friday. I dont have the slip in front of me.

1.71 60' - Launched at 5000 RPM slipping the clutch. 15 PSI MT Streets

1/8th - 7.8xxx
    1/8 MPH - 91.xx MPH
    1/4 - 12.13

MPH - 115.7x

Going back this wednesday to try for a 1.6 60'.

That run probably would have been 11's but I hit the limited twice. 1st and 2nd gear

I have a HPT data log if anyone with HPT wants to look at it, but its basically showing me hitting the damn limited twice and rolling through the gates at 6400 RPM.
    What is your limiter set at?

BTW - Limited internet access now. Laptop took a shit and my desktop is too old to try to even try to get working. Hopefully will be getting a new one soon...

black trans am

holy shit hi po, i didn't know u where have that much issue with ur car and drag racing her... u need to look in to a 2 step make life 100% easier then using foot timing i bet Ur cant get the car to take off with out bog then spin the next pass at the same rpm.. that's the issue im having now my foot timing is getting better.... im trying to get a line lock on the clutch and make it work with a 2 step, if it works the way i want it to ill be eating up the tree and the 60 ft as long as i dont spin... u may want to look in to bumping rpm up to say out of the limmiter

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

I'm gonna throw in to get a tach and practice shifting. . .

I've got a lesser setup than yourself and I've knocked down back to back 12.18s back in December.

1.752 on ET Drags
    7.8391 1/8th @ 89.18
    12.1865 1/4th @ 113..44

stock cam, stock rear (rebuilt AFTER this night), CAI/lid, Flowtech (Hooker) LTs with 3"catback/SLP LM1.

Practice.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Duffster View Post
    I'm gonna throw in to get a tach and practice shifting. . .

I've got a lesser setup than yourself and I've knocked down back to back 12.18s back in December.

1.752 on ET Drags
    7.8391 1/8th @ 89.18
    12.1865 1/4th @ 113..44

stock cam, stock rear (rebuilt AFTER this night), CAI/lid, Flowtech (Hooker) LTs with 3"catback/SLP LM1.

Practice.
    Well, I pulled a 1.69 60" last week, but my transmission locked up. I think I just smoked the fluid. Wouldnt let me in any gear, waited about 2 hours and it shifted fine. Supposed to rain all this week again, so I doubt I will be going to run again this week. That 60' felt awesome though, and I think I can get it down to 1.65 even. Im screwing my shifts up, Hitting rev limited often. Thats costing me .1/.2 everytime I bet. I have an awesome tach, just need to call the guy to help me program it, its got quite the instruction list. I do need it though. The stock tach is off by 200 RPMS up top.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Get some skinnies at least. Not only do they knock like 60lbs off the car they leave a narrower trail of water from the water box, which your back tires drive over.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Get some skinnies at least. Not only do they knock like 60lbs off the car they leave a narrower trail of water from the water box, which your back tires drive over.
    Money is super tight as of right now. Im just trying to get by, sadly. Its on the list of things.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Money is super tight as of right now. Im just trying to get by, sadly. Its on the list of things.
    What is your limiter set at? Did you have it changed during your tune?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    What is your limiter set at? Did you have it changed during your tune?
    Yea, I had changed that before my tune. Ive had a few people tell me to make it even higher so I dont hit the limiter on my 1-2 shift. I could, being I own HPT and have every damn license possible for my car (6 credits ) but I dont see that as a safe way of curing my shifting. Im just now getting used to the 1-2 shift when launching at 5500 RPM. It comes very fast with 4.11's Just going to take some more practice, and if I can keep my 1.69 60 's 11's will be easy if I stop hitting the limiter.

Limiter set at 6800 as of now, and no plans of spinning it higher on my current setup. Im going to try for one more day at the track this year. Thats it. This time next year, the entire motor should be different.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Yea, I had changed that before my tune. Ive had a few people tell me to make it even higher so I dont hit the limiter on my 1-2 shift. I could, being I own HPT and have every damn license possible for my car (6 credits ) but I dont see that as a safe way of curing my shifting. Im just now getting used to the 1-2 shift when launching at 5500 RPM. It comes very fast with 4.11's Just going to take some more practice, and if I can keep my 1.69 60 's 11's will be easy if I stop hitting the limiter.

Limiter set at 6800 as of now, and no plans of spinning it higher on my current setup. Im going to try for one more day at the track this year. Thats it. This time next year, the entire motor should be different.
    I hit my limiter on my 2nd run going from 2-3....Good times.

White
    2002 VY SS

Looking at the vid Po I think the launch looked pretty good, I've seen much worse M6 launches with similar times. Fine tune it a bit further and you'll be on target. Good luck with it mate, 11's are in your reach...

Gray/ White
    10 Impreza 83 Thunderturd

Any buddy's willing to loan ya a pair for a night?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    Any buddy's willing to loan ya a pair for a night?
    Well, funny you ask. The guy I was going with has a pair or 15's with MT slicks mounted. Hes been telling me for months that he would let me use them. Hell, he was getting mad that I was going out there with DR's Recently I was under the impression he didn't want me to make any runs on them, he told me I could take one home and fit them on the car. Do my grinding now, for later on. Not worth my time if I'm not going to be running them immediately. The MT DR are doing me fine. If I could get consistent 1.69 or lower in my 60'... I would be happy on a street tire.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

He won't let you borrow the skinnies? Hell I'd let anyone borrow my slicks/skinnies.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    He won't let you borrow the skinnies? Hell I'd let anyone borrow my slicks/skinnies.
    Im sure he wouldnt care about the skinnies. Its the slicks I have got the feeling he doesnt want to give up. Honestly, I dont know why. He wont be racing for a long time seeing he lost oil pressure on his 454. I would love to borrow them for one last trip, but im not going to hassle/bug anyone over thier own property ya know? Hopefully next year, I can get this new job and start building my car over again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information