Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I need to bury an 03 Termi

This is a discussion on I need to bury an 03 Termi within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; You say you dont wanna do it that way, using nos that is. Why not, why does everyone who doesnt ...

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

You say you dont wanna do it that way, using nos that is. Why not, why does everyone who doesnt use it hate it. Its just another tool to make your car faster, i guess those alcohol and meth sprayed cars are cheating or something right? Nitrous is a tool use it, ls engines respond awesome to it.

Red
    02 camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Can't beat'em all though.

Buddy of mine is on his second blown cobra. His first one ran real close to mine. At the time I was running 11.40's at 118 mph, and he only had a few things done to his, pulley, exhaust, sticky tires and a few other things, he would run anywhere from 11.60 to 12 flat at about 122 mph.

I'd see him at the track all the time.

He could MPH slightly higher than me,,,but he had trouble 60 footing the car so I would nip him most of the time if he didn't run me down on the big end. I think it bothered him because next time I see him he is in a different color Cobra.

I walk up to get the story. He said it was cheaper to sell his other one and buy this one that was modded even more rather than mod the old one.

So he throws his sticky tires on and blasts off an 11 flat at 131 mph. His car has easy 10 second potential when he figures it out.

Well I've done a few more things to my car hoping to widdle the ET down a tenth or two,(for myself,,,not because of the cobra),,,but I don't think I have enough now anyway. I could spray the car with a small shot but I don't want to do it that way.

Sooooo,,,,sometimes enough is enough. There are just cars that are faster,,,,chances of seeing them on the street are nil though,,,,and I figure a low 11 second car is enough to cover me in most instances,,,,and if not,,,then thats another damn good running street car,,,I suck it up and move on,,,,

With that said,,,the best advice in my opinion is,,,,mod your car because you enjoy it and you have the desire. Don't mod it because someone is faster,,,set a goal for the car and do what you need to accomplish it.
    Worrying about every other person and how fast they are will make you lose your hair,,,,(don't ask me how I know,,,,lol)

It's all about fun,,,win or lose.
    SVT COBRA

Red
    02 camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by LGT Guru View Post
    You say you dont wanna do it that way, using nos that is. Why not, why does everyone who doesnt use it hate it. Its just another tool to make your car faster, i guess those alcohol and meth sprayed cars are cheating or something right? Nitrous is a tool use it, ls engines respond awesome to it.
    Nitrous is surely a thought now. but before i need to find a good tune. because i wouldnt just use it this one time. i'd probably get hooked on it.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

I have friends with f-bodys that go through a bottle a week sometimes 2 in summer for the past 3-4 years. 2 of them have just bolt ons

I didn't say I hate it. I just prefer to do it on the motor only. I see cars at the strip all the time that are quick,,,but when you see the bottle,,,or a blower,,,or a turbo,,,it's just not as impressive to me. You can make anything fast with that stuff.

Seeing a car thats quick with nothing but the motor is simply more impressive to me,,,,and very unsuspecting in the pits.... I'm old school,,,just the way I am I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by jz28 View Post
    Nitrous is surely a thought now. but before i need to find a good tune. because i wouldnt just use it this one time. i'd probably get hooked on it.
    You hit the nail on the head,,,,,you get hooked on it. Then the bottle fills start getting old,,,lol.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Well there is only so far you can without forced induction or Nos, you can have a fully built 383 stroker making around 500rwhp but thats about all you will get out of it and still be streetable. With a 200 shot you have a 700rwhp streetable car. Unless you just wanna put a 632CI or something in you car which will get 8 miles per gallon in neutral lol

Red
    02 camaro Z28

Thanks for all the different opinions guys. it helps alot. keep them coming.

Black Vert
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1160

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Can't beat'em all though.

Buddy of mine is on his second blown cobra. His first one ran real close to mine. At the time I was running 11.40's at 118 mph, and he only had a few things done to his, pulley, exhaust, sticky tires and a few other things, he would run anywhere from 11.60 to 12 flat at about 122 mph.

I'd see him at the track all the time.

He could MPH slightly higher than me,,,but he had trouble 60 footing the car so I would nip him most of the time if he didn't run me down on the big end. I think it bothered him because next time I see him he is in a different color Cobra.

I walk up to get the story. He said it was cheaper to sell his other one and buy this one that was modded even more rather than mod the old one.

So he throws his sticky tires on and blasts off an 11 flat at 131 mph. His car has easy 10 second potential when he figures it out.

Well I've done a few more things to my car hoping to widdle the ET down a tenth or two,(for myself,,,not because of the cobra),,,but I don't think I have enough now anyway. I could spray the car with a small shot but I don't want to do it that way.

Sooooo,,,,sometimes enough is enough. There are just cars that are faster,,,,chances of seeing them on the street are nil though,,,,and I figure a low 11 second car is enough to cover me in most instances,,,,and if not,,,then thats another damn good running street car,,,I suck it up and move on,,,,

With that said,,,the best advice in my opinion is,,,,mod your car because you enjoy it and you have the desire. Don't mod it because someone is faster,,,set a goal for the car and do what you need to accomplish it.
    Worrying about every other person and how fast they are will make you lose your hair,,,,(don't ask me how I know,,,,lol)

It's all about fun,,,win or lose.
    Words to live by

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Well he has IRS, so you should be able to stay next to him for a second or two. I would say get some rear end gears, drag radials and have the steering wheel turned completely at his car when you launch then you will really get him.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Spraying him is your only chance!!!

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

With only 1200 dollars yeah, unless he cant drive, but thatsnot a good thing to bank on

Black
    2000 T/A

love the sauce.

mephisto is incredibly fast onit.

it just scares me....

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Sometime its fun to be scared, now spray that mofo i spray it on myself every morning. It clears up crabs like no other

Black
    2000 T/A

Sometime its fun to be scared, now spray that mofo i spray it on myself every morning. It clears up crabs like no other

Well there is only so far you can without forced induction or Nos, you can have a fully built 383 stroker making around 500rwhp but thats about all you will get out of it and still be streetable. With a 200 shot you have a 700rwhp streetable car. Unless you just wanna put a 632CI or something in you car which will get 8 miles per gallon in neutral lol
    Ya,,,I'm not talking about my LS1 though,,,it only runs 13.30's at 105 mph and would get my butt handed to me running a modded Cobra,,,,lol,,,

I'm talking about my 72 SS 454 chevelle,,,at only .030 over it has room to grow,,,so I'm not worried about spraying it. It's my toy and the car I actually like to play with the most. It's a bonified street car with working A/C, and will drive anywhere,,,gas mileage isn't a concern for me though.
    I'm actually waiting for the short block to get tired to give me an excuse to tear into it for a 4.250 crank and 496 ci. Then I'll go looking for him again

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Juicing my motor is very tempting but i'm afraid of the consequences.
    Remember, nitrous is like a really hot chick you met at a bar. You wanna hit, but youre scared of the consequences.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

my brother has the exact same set up and it took me a 100 shot to barely beat him by a car

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

all i have is cai and catback beside the spray

and dont be afraid of n20 ive been spraying a 150 with no timing or tune adjustment and everything is fine ,i had the a/f checked and all

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody4ever View Post
    screw that! run that douche and when he wins remind him that his overall package is still garbage. Ask him how long that pretty little block will last with a blower on it (especially modded) and do a brake stand in his face.
    I've lost races to 'Stangs before (not in my '02-but I just got that), and I've seen 'Stangs take it into the wall or start spewing blue smoke...trust me, in the long run you'll be the winner
    forged internals..

Lol your silly, the 03/04 cobras have forged internals from the factory. People strap stage 4 superchargers and bolt ons to them and make 700-800rwhp. Without changeing anything internal. Sure its costs 5-6k for a set of heads and another 2 grand for 4 cams, which is why most people dont touch the valve train or heads. They just put on a new S/C or raise the boost. I have seen the 4.6 supercharged from those cars last over 80kmiles with 600rwhp. Those engines last, soem people put an intake manifold on and go with a twin tubo setup and make 800-900rwhp without changing the internals. The engine internally can handle double 450rwhp. Dont count on him breaking
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Good idea, without a hefty cam and supporting mods, you were gonna get embarrassed real bad.
    this has been said people.. lol

Damn. i've smashed on a 98 cobra with bolt ons no problem, but these are a whole new story.
    when i was stock i killed a 99 from a roll

get a dynotun

Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    all i have is cai and catback beside the spray

and dont be afraid of n20 ive been spraying a 150 with no timing or tune adjustment and everything is fine ,i had the a/f checked and all
    cai?? what are you driving

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information