Pewter
    2002 Z28 (sold)

How bad will I get spanked?

My boss and I keep talking trash at one another. He has an Aston Martin DB7 and said that he will kill me by several car lengths, I am talking like 3-5+ cars. Its a V12, 420 BHP, Vert. 5 or 6 speed can't remember, totally stock, the only thing it has is performance exhaust from the factory. My car is bone factory stock, 02 Z/28 with t-tops, A4.

Is it worth the time and gas to get my ass handed to me or will it be a closer then you think race?

Thanks.

lee1rbc
    The coupe weighs 3900lbs and is rated for the 1/4mile at 13.2 108mph. But remember those stats are done by someone who knows how to drive a M6 car. If you get the jump off the line He won't catch You.

1 of 396 T/A Conv 2001 Wayah-bird's Avatar

Taupe/Red
    2001 Trans Am Conv

I was thinking the same thing. Too much weight. No way you lose by that length. NO WAY!!

Moo cow f**k milk Demon_Speeding's Avatar

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

For insurance pick up a Lid, FTRA, cutout and borrow some drag radials from a friend... Then go eat an exotic.

zleeper z
    Don't race him, he will win by a couple cars... If you do race him, make sure its from a stop.... Because if you race him from a roll, his 6 speed will more than kill you.... The only thing that is saving you is the weight of his car..... The only way you might have a chance is with ETs from a dig.... good luck

Pewter
    2002 Z28 (sold)

Actually, I have done some research on his car. He weighs closer to 4200 Lbs. I weigh about 3500. that is a 700 Lbs difference. He has 100 more HP then I do, but the weight might make that up. His car is a 5.0 to 60 MPH and mine is 5.3 to 60. His ET in the 1/4 mile is 13.5 mine is 13.9. If we do race, and I get the jump on him, I think it will be over.

BLACK
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by ccusum
    Actually, I have done some research on his car. He weighs closer to 4200 Lbs. I weigh about 3500. that is a 700 Lbs difference. He has 100 more HP then I do, but the weight might make that up. His car is a 5.0 to 60 MPH and mine is 5.3 to 60. His ET in the 1/4 mile is 13.5 mine is 13.9. If we do race, and I get the jump on him, I think it will be over.
    Unless his 420 hp is also underrated, the hp difference is likely considerably less than 100.

lee1rbc
    My 95 LT1 A4 ran a 13.9, are You saying Your car is only as fast as a LT1 with a cat back and cold air? Have You had Your car to the track? My 98 T/A A4 ran a 13.5 stock.

lee1rbc
    It seems very hard to find info on this car, I mean You just don't see a DB7 at the drag strip each Sunday. I did find an article on a DB7 forum that said the following.

Has anyone that has a V8 Vantage acutally had it on a dyno to see what kind of hp and torque it is making at the rear wheels? My DB7 Vantage, quoted at 420hp and 400ft/lbs at the crank, only made 335hp and 317ft/lbs at the wheels.
    If this is true that means He only has about 25hp on You.

Pewter
    2002 Z28 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by lee1rbc
    My 95 LT1 A4 ran a 13.9, are You saying Your car is only as fast as a LT1 with a cat back and cold air? Have You had Your car to the track? My 98 T/A A4 ran a 13.5 stock.
    I am only going by what information I found on web sites about the 02 Camaro. No, I have never had the car at the track. Not sure if I ever plan on it.

Well, it does not look like he and I will ever race them as the car has been sold. Not mine, the DB7.

black
    2002 corvette coupe

My thoughts are you will kill him, he probably never even revs her up to her full capacity, I mean the car costs more than my house (I think ), so he probably thinks dollars equal hp, and most times it does but his car is a true GT car, and not made for dragging.

Edit: oh crap I saw you said he sold it, probably got to researching on the net found out American Muscle beats out teakwood and brass polishing, and got scared and sold her so he could buy a real sports car (lol j/k nice car but too expensive to drive on the roads around all the beaters I have to pass on my way to work everyday.
    Last edited by Vette4LIFE; 03-24-2006 at 08:58 AM.

Pewter
    2002 Z28 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Vette4LIFE
    My thoughts are you will kill him, he probably never even revs her up to her full capacity, I mean the car costs more than my house (I think ), so he probably thinks dollars equal hp, and most times it does but his car is a true GT car, and not made for dragging.

Edit: oh crap I saw you said he sold it, probably got to researching on the net found out American Muscle beats out teakwood and brass polishing, and got scared and sold her so he could buy a real sports car (lol j/k nice car but too expensive to drive on the roads around all the beaters I have to pass on my way to work everyday.
    Actually, he drove the thing like he stole it. I have never seen anyone drive an expensive car the way he did. His other car is a Hummer H1. Both cars were bought with inherintence (sp?) money. He once told me it is only money. I guess when you make a comment like that, you really have money.

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

Magazine test driver, most often, are not as good as an experienced drag racer..... My buddy could get 11.5's at 119 out of his stock 2002 Z06. ther car was not a 'factory freak" but he was that good at driving.
    2002 Street ET Champion New England Dragway
    1999 Street ET Champion Oxford Dragway
    My Blog is here: http://www.downtime.com

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

dam that is a sick ass time for a stock 02 Zo6

Thread Information