Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

RED
    2002/Z28

hoping for 12s this year...

OK guys and Gals what you think it will run in the 1/8-1/4 and how much hp you think it has. hopping for 12s,.My car has 273s as of now..The Tracks I run at is 87/149/300 above sea level and it usually mid 70s-high 80s when I run.My car is an 02 Z28 A4 with 39K miles My mods are...
    -SLP Lid
    -K&N Air filter
    -Delphi 85mm MAF
    -Smooth Bellows
    -TB Bypass
    -P&P TB/Bump Stop Mod
    -SLP Y
    -SLP Loudmouth 1 Catback
    -Spare Tire Jack Delete
    -UMI Weld In Sub frame Connectors
    -UMI Strut Tower Brace

Theses Mods are gonna be done before I run it This year...
    -342/373/410 Gear rearend was giving to me..
    -275X40X17 M/T DR's
    -Front Sway Bar delete What do you think about this mod..
    -Tune

These mods are in the near future but it will be when I have the extra cash
    -LT's/ORY
    -3200/3800 Vig/Yank Converter

Thanks Jimmy..
    Last edited by EVIL-LS1; 02-18-2010 at 03:27 PM.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Don't go 4.10s in an auto you'll regret it
    I got 3.73s and its more than plenty
    If i were you i would invest in LCAs and relocation brackets
    Gears probably won't help all that much in the 1/4 but you'll get a good kick out of it'
    The longtubes would probably help a little but you should be high 12s after everything with a good 60'

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Just watch with the M/Ts - they hook really well - can cause rear end issues. Like destruction issues. Hope all goes well with the mods and let us know how you run - I think you could hit a high 12 on a good run.
    It's not how fast you can go. It's how fast you can get there.

Follow us at www.facebook.com/RGCustoms

RED
    2002/Z28

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    Don't go 4.10s in an auto you'll regret it
    I got 3.73s and its more than plenty
    If i were you i would invest in LCAs and relocation brackets
    Gears probably won't help all that much in the 1/4 but you'll get a good kick out of it'
    The longtubes would probably help a little but you should be high 12s after everything with a good 60'
    I was giving a rear out of a 02 WS-6 6 speed. The guy said they where aftermarket gears in the rear..Ya them mods are in the near future also.I have 273s right now stock.. The best I ran last year was a 8.70@83.86 and 13.37 105 mph and 1.99 60ft with theses mods Lid,K&N,Smooth Bellows,delphi 85mm maf,TB bypass... I have read going from 273s-342-373s help out .24-.34 in the 1/4..

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Just watch with the M/Ts - they hook really well - can cause rear end issues. Like destruction issues. Hope all goes well with the mods and let us know how you run - I think you could hit a high 12 on a good run.
    I will let ya now how it runs when the tracks open and when this snow is gone..I was hoping for High 12s without LT's/ORY and a stall...
    Last edited by EVIL-LS1; 02-17-2010 at 06:27 PM.

RED
    2002/Z28

How much should theses mods help in int the 1/8-1/4.. This is what I think...

SLP Y/SLP Loudmouth 1...
    P&P/Bump Stop Mod....
    Fee Ram Air..............
    Gears...................... over 273s
    DR's........................
    Tire and Jack/Front sway bar delete..
    Tune......................
    Last edited by EVIL-LS1; 02-17-2010 at 06:30 PM.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I would suggest only removing the front sway bar for track use only...

RED
    2002/Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I would suggest only removing the front sway bar for track use only...
    Ok thanks Iam hoping the mods I added over the winter will let me cut in to the 12s this year..

98 Formula
    06 duramax

swap out your gear set for a stall......guaranteed to get you in the 12's and putting money into the stock 10 bolt is the same as just throwing it away. Get a stall and start saving for a 12 bolt.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    Get a stall and start saving for a 12 bolt.
    All that needs to be said. Forget the gears in a 10 bolt.

RED
    2002/Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    swap out your gear set for a stall......guaranteed to get you in the 12's and putting money into the stock 10 bolt is the same as just throwing it away. Get a stall and start saving for a 12 bolt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    All that needs to be said. Forget the gears in a 10 bolt.
    I was giving a rearend with 342s/373s or even 410s.Ya did see where I posted that in the thread.. All I gotta do is pick up the rearend when all this snow is gone.. Why not do Free mods that would help out my car.. The rearend came out a 02 WS-6 with a 6 speed..I want to to get rid of theses 273s....

71 datsun

if the rear is free then swap it and you will always have your stock one as a spare, but why do you keep posting 3 different ratios? dont you know what it is ? the person giving it to you should know.

RED
    2002/Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Turbohatch View Post
    if the rear is free then swap it and you will always have your stock one as a spare, but why do you keep posting 3 different ratios? don't you know what it is ? the person giving it to you should know.
    The car was giving to him and a boy totaled it and he died.The car didn't look that tore up after the wreak. The guy is giving it to me.He said there aftermarket gears and its a 6 speed car and most people that change gears in a 6 speed car they put 410s.. But he said they where 373s at first.. It comes stock with 342s that I now..So it can be any of the 3..The only way I will find out is take the rear cover off..
    Last edited by EVIL-LS1; 02-19-2010 at 01:05 PM.

Judging by your mods currently, most of what you have done doesn't really affect ET other than your air intake mods and a catback exhaust.
    I wouldn't depend on just gears in hopes of 12 second ET's with nothing else done.

I'd shoot for the converter over anything else. It will give you the biggest gain over anything listed, and would put you in the 12's even with the 2.73's.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Judging by your mods currently, most of what you have done doesn't really affect ET other than your air intake mods and a catback exhaust.
    I wouldn't depend on just gears in hopes of 12 second ET's with nothing else done.

I'd shoot for the converter over anything else. It will give you the biggest gain over anything listed, and would put you in the 12's even with the 2.73's.
    X2! 3400 stall convertor (+ supporting tranny mods & cooler) was worth 1/2 second on my car.

Something else to consider would be a tune.

Whether you decide on gears first, or the converter, or both, you are going to need to have a few things recalibrated such as speedo and possibly the engine misfire detection for the converter.

Tunes also benefit the auto equipped cars the most, removing torque management, and playing with trans settings. You could see 1-2 tenths with a good tune.
    For what you are doing currently, I'd do a Frost mail order tune from here for $125.

RED
    2002/Z28

I have did more then gears the last time I ran my car last summer..I went a 13.37@ 106 mph 1.99 60 ft with just Lid,K&N,Smooth Bellows,TB bypass,Delphi 85 mm maf..I did the TB bypass and the maf and it help .11 and 2mph.. I have did Y/Catback,P&P/Bump stop mod/Half Shaft/FRA/Gears because it a free complete rear end,Dr's.Iam hoping to hit 12s..My next mods will be LT's/ORY then a stall..

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    X2! 3400 stall converter (+ supporting tranny mods & cooler) was worth 1/2 second on my car.
    Iam going with a 3500-3800 Vig or Yank converter..

Something else to consider would be a tune.

Whether you decide on gears first, or the converter, or both, you are going to need to have a few things recalibrated such as speedo and possibly the engine misfire detection for the converter.

Tunes also benefit the auto equipped cars the most, removing torque management, and playing with trans settings. You could see 1-2 tenths with a good tune.
    For what you are doing currently, I'd do a Frost mail order tune from here for $125.
    Yes Iam gonna get Frost to tune it hes only hour south of where I live at.. I might take the car to him..Ya Iam gonna get him to do all the things to get the most performance out my car...
    Last edited by EVIL-LS1; 02-19-2010 at 06:59 PM.

BANGIN GEARS>STAB N STEER BLK2KSS's Avatar

TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

Quote Originally Posted by EVIL-LS1 View Post
    The car was giving to him and a boy totaled it and he died.The car didn't look that tore up after the wreak. The guy is giving it to me.He said there aftermarket gears and its a 6 speed car and most people that change gears in a 6 speed car they put 410s.. But he said they where 373s at first.. It comes stock with 342s that I now..So it can be any of the 3..The only way I will find out is take the rear cover off..
    i wouldnt put a dead guys gears in my car...... maybe just me, bad karma i think

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by BLK2KSS View Post
    i wouldnt put a dead guys gears in my car...... maybe just me, bad karma i think

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by BLK2KSS View Post
    that's kinda what I thought too..... I wouldn't want any part off that car knowing that.

Quote Originally Posted by EVIL-LS1 View Post
    I have did more then gears the last time I ran my car last summer..I went a 13.37@ 106 mph 1.99 60 ft with just Lid,K&N,Smooth Bellows,TB bypass,Delphi 85 mm maf..I did the TB bypass and the maf and it help .11 and 2mph.. I have did Y/Catback,P&P/Bump stop mod/Half Shaft/FRA/Gears because it a free complete rear end,Dr's.Iam hoping to hit 12s..My next mods will be LT's/ORY then a stall..
    I'm not completely confident that even those few changes will knock 1/2 second off your time. Catback may help a bit along with the free ramair mod, but a half second it won't do. It's hard to take advantage of drag radials while still running the stock converter, especially if the track is prepped well.
    On a good track I didn't even need dragradials with mine on the stock converter. Now with a converter it's a different story.

Your biggest improvements will come with the stall converter and a good tune. Headers and off road Y-pipe were only worth a tenth and 1 mph on either of my 4th gens so don't expect too much there.

When you put a good converter in the car, along with drag radials, it will run 12's all day long.

Thread Information