CamaroKillZ28

First Time at the Track

Tonight will be the first time shes seen the track! Im a bit nervous about how im going to do, but hopefully ill chill out some. any advice would be appreciated! also i just put a new fuel filter on, cuz there was still the stock filter, it was disgusting.

SLP CAI, Ravin 3" cat-back exhaust, SLP MAF, M6, 342s

TNT
    How did you run? I am in Bakersfield as well and new to the area. Pretty close to the same mods only I'm running 373 gears. I would have gone had I known another newbie would be on the track.

I went to Playboy Mansion FantaZGuy28's Avatar

YJ
    04 GTO M6

Hey another bakersfield person, Camarokill and i went to famosa on friday and he ran a 14, but his car is not running right, and since it being the first time he was a bit nervous. I ended up with a 13.6 @ 104. There is a local tuesday night car show, usually its F-bodys and Mustangs out at the sonic off of olive and roberts lane, do you know where that is?

TNT
    No but I know where Olive is so I will find it. What time does it usually get busy? Are you running the M6 and 342 combination as well?

CamaroKillZ28
    no he is a a4 323, normally my car is about 2 cars faster, but my engine is having a problem. my other buddy has a 94 with k&n fipk, calloway honker, some exhaust, shorty headers, hypertech chip and he ran a 15.50. i ordered a pro 5.0 shifter and slp knob today, and soon im gonna put longtubes on her.

TNT
    Let me know when you will make your next trip to the track. I need to see what mine will do. I'm going to try to run up to Sonic around 8 or 9 on Tuesday but I may not get the chance.

I went to Playboy Mansion FantaZGuy28's Avatar

YJ
    04 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroKillZ28
    no he is a a4 323, normally my car is about 2 cars faster, but my engine is having a problem. my other buddy has a 94 with k&n fipk, calloway honker, some exhaust, shorty headers, hypertech chip and he ran a 15.50. i ordered a pro 5.0 shifter and slp knob today, and soon im gonna put longtubes on her.

Hey asswipe, have we raced from a stop yet, nope so dont start running your big mouth how you are 2 cars faster than i am, if so then your car is running a low 13. When you get it tuned up then we will race and see about that 2 car length.

TNT
    I'll run the winner! I should make mid 13 if I can get hooked up. 225on the rear doesn't help much.

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

I see what your main problem is already, you have a mass airflow sensor. MAFS suck ass, and more then likely your car is running too lean. I had that P.O.S. SLP MAFS, and that sucker gave my car all sorts of problems knock wise. Put the stocker back on and sell that thing.

Also, don't expect mid 13's in an M6 for your first time at the track. Most of the people I see at the track for their 1-5 time don't run anywhere near the times that they say they do online. More then likely you'll run high 13's w/ your setup w/ street tires, as your car really isn't able to put the power down, and i'm assuming none of you are a pro driver. What was your 60' time (A4 guy need not apply, as even a chimp can drive an auto to a good time ).

TNT
    Better a chimp with a "W" than a Chump with an "L". Sorry but I gotta defend the A4's. A win is a win

I swear it's just a v6!

Silver
    1997 Firebird V6

First time out.... just have fun!

Practice is the key... the more you practice... the quicker you will get.

Just learning how a couple psi in a tire.... or how the track is grabbing.... or launch rpm is VERY critical.

Keep us updated
    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 spinning, 110.95 mph
    n/a et & mph: 13.746, 96.38 mph
    Best 60 ft w/ et streets 1.584 spinning!
    check me out at www.bbbracing.com
    Beater - 2006 Mercedes E350 A7

Thread Information